Reputator

[MOC] Yet another TIE Interceptor

Using the ever-versatile 75082 set, which I believe is the first Interceptor on this site to do so (I've lurked). Previous MOCs I've seen using this set were for a TIE Fighter or Vader's Advanced TIE.

UPDATE! VERSION 2

I've made major changes to the wings of this MOC to be better proportioned, detailed, and more accurate. The wing mid-sections are now 6 studs wide, while the wings themselves have been lengthened by one stud each, and pushed back.

4C9xugFh.jpg

gubcIBfh.jpg

dsmuqXHh.jpg

ZCQDBIoh.jpg

3KFKEbUh.jpg

You can see the original version here:

jyw2xKB.jpgG8luhH8.jpgGEUGoJF.jpg87SdmqE.jpgiGIhDS8.jpg

I took some artistic license with the mid-wing inset targeting sensors, making them look more like weapons for a more menacing appearance. I may change this to something more canonically acceptable, but for now I'm letting my imagination run rampant. The missile-firing mechanism from 75082 has been retained as well, since I enjoy play features in my builds (picture of rear).

Wing attachment is super-simplistic. I'm just using 8m axles with end stops (55013), and everything on the entire length has a technic hole, so there's tons of gripping power.

This is my first MOC using LDD and Bricklink. I'm pretty happy with it. Let me know what you guys think!

Edited by Reputator

Looks awesome, i love the Fury style wings (grey core with black panels on top), i agree with Reflexes though, the wings look a tad small compared to the cockpit

Probably the best Interceptor MOC ive seen

Nice work. I think the grey sandwiched by black is the most practical way of getting the grey surround, rather than using tiles as done in 9492 (standard TIE fighter).

I like the pylons too - is there an axle running through the centre to help secure the wings?

Lookin' good! I would suggest putting some white paper behind the MOC while taking pics. The background can be a little bit distracting sometimes.

I like the pylons too - is there an axle running through the centre to help secure the wings?

Yes, 8m axles with end stops. The stops run all the way through to the inside of the cockpit, so the axles are going through three 1x2 technic bricks in the walls of the pod.

The wing panels are attached via a double inverted slope piece.

30390.gif

The axle is able to run through this as well. It all holds together very sturdily, making this almost too swooshable for someone of my adult age. :P

This is a beautiful build! I like how you did the wings, especially the slopes leading to the wingtips/cannons.

You should check out the Nar Eurbrikka subforum and build for the Empire - we can always use more talented troops :vader:

Awesome! Can't wait for more official TIE sets with those dishes. This is a more than adequate substitute for those, though!

Awesome, I love your TIES. You should consider making an LDD file for them, so we can "own" them too.

Great design! It looks very good, though the wings look kind of small to me.

But it reminds me of the SWTOR sith starcraft, nicely done!

Amazing, dude! You should really post it on LEGO Ideas! It's playable, and it has that official LEGO set look! And don't forget it matches Lego's new style with TIE Fighter wings! Great work! Although, the wings are a tad small.

Edited by Ber Teh Unicern