2 hours ago, Rob Sheldon said:

Im thinking of the next project which will be the marble run.  My question is I once saw an upgrade to this that shoots the balls back up again with some wheels and gearing.  Thing is I cant find it anymore after a lot of searching.  Could anyone kindly point me to it?

I've designed and build that one, 9V system and/or Dunes has made a LDD File.

Changes not in the video are I have made the whole shooting ramp enclosed in 4 hoses so the ball can't go anywhere. I also want to make the inbox a bit longer so it is easer to reach below the hoses.
More pictures on Flickr from this photo onwards:
26643671039_fe5400167f_c.jpg

The module has run for 7 days at LEGO World Utrecht without problems. At some point I would expect tire wear but the tire almost doesn't wear. It only picks up dust from the balls which is easily cleaned although dust on the tire is no problem. Here's the Eurobricks thread on it with reference to teh LDD file:

Edited by Berthil

4 hours ago, Berthil said:

I've designed and build that one, 9V system and/or Dunes has made a LDD File.

Changes not in the video are I have made the whole shooting ramp enclosed in 4 hoses so the ball can't go anywhere. I also want to make the inbox a bit longer so it is easer to reach below the hoses.
More pictures on Flickr from this photo onwards:
26643671039_fe5400167f_c.jpg

The module has run for 7 days at LEGO World Utrecht without problems. At some point I would expect tire wear but the tire almost doesn't wear. It only picks up dust from the balls which is easily cleaned although dust on the tire is no problem. Here's the Eurobricks thread on it with reference to teh LDD file:

Ah brilliant!!  Yup thats deffo the next project.  Gonna need a bigger sideboard!  Thanks very much for that!

Regarding the Spiral Staircase;  can anyone confirm if i HAVE to use the 9.5 extra hard spring? Is there an alternative?
I have don't really want to open up a sealed kit to get at one, if I don't have to :laugh:

Thx

Mike

5 hours ago, Killermike said:

Regarding the Spiral Staircase;  can anyone confirm if i HAVE to use the 9.5 extra hard spring? Is there an alternative?
I have don't really want to open up a sealed kit to get at one, if I don't have to :laugh:

Thx

Mike

yes, it is used to balance the load on the motor as the black part is heavy

Hello.   I am also suffering a GBC addiction :-).

Can anyone help with a small problem.  I have bought a speed controller to get rid of batteries.  However I assumed a 9v motor would simply plug into this but it wont.  Does anyone know what part i need to get the 9v motor to work with the speed controller/transformer?

Cheers

Rob

speed controller.jpg

54 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

You need an Power functions extension wire (Bricklink item 8871-1)

Hi,  thanks for the reply but I dont think this will work.  Both ends of the item you recommend seem the same as the connectors on my 9v motors.  I have attached a pic of the connector on my speed controller which doesnt seem compatible with these.  

IMG_20190207_105418_738.jpg

1 hour ago, Rob Sheldon said:

Hi,  thanks for the reply but I dont think this will work.  Both ends of the item you recommend seem the same as the connectors on my 9v motors.  I have attached a pic of the connector on my speed controller which doesnt seem compatible with these.  

You need TWO different cables connected together, if connecting to the underside female port as shown in your first image.

46101185195_6333a8da26_z.jpg

The PF cable (right) has both male & female connections at one end.
The other end has a PF male connection with an old female connection on the other side.

The old cable (left) has two plugs with both male & female connections.
Don't know the part number.

Edited by Doug72

Just now, Frequenzberater said:

Ah brilliant.  I will order that now.  Many thanks.

There are two different connectors on the wire. One fits to the usual Power functions connector and one fits on the top of the train controller :) 

J4Wc7gi.jpg

1 hour ago, Frequenzberater said:

Judging by Akiyukis usual output, its about time to present us a new masterpiece :) 

I do hope so!  Im completely addicted.  I have 3 projects on the go at the moment.  The bucket wheel tower, The elavator module and the marble run.  I would love to build Berthil's version of the marble run but im just not good enough to build without pdf instructions so im going for Akiyukis version.  Unless any of the geniuses on here are on with a pdf for the ball shooter version :-)

9 minutes ago, Rob Sheldon said:

I do hope so!  Im completely addicted.  I have 3 projects on the go at the moment.  The bucket wheel tower, The elavator module and the marble run.  I would love to build Berthil's version of the marble run but im just not good enough to build without pdf instructions so im going for Akiyukis version.  Unless any of the geniuses on here are on with a pdf for the ball shooter version :-)

i am slowly making pdf instructions for the ball shooter version

2 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

Judging by Akiyukis usual output, its about time to present us a new masterpiece :) 

Frequency of output is probably longer as usual because he now makes instructions that need to be good enough to sell and that takes a lot of time!

I finally found some time to continue on the build. I have connected all motors to the EV3-brick. Everything is running fine. Only 3 more color sensors to go, altough these are not really necessary for the operation. But I may use these for positioning all components before running the program. Also figured out the pressure switch and started to connect the first pneumatic hoses. 

1920x1440.jpg