Blakbird

[GBC] The Akiyuki Project

Recommended Posts

Hello there,

i am totaly new here and happy that i finaly managed to register here.

First of all - thanks to all the people, especially The Rebricker, 9V and Blakbird, for all the hard work making these manuals and part lists.
I allready build a few GBCs from Akiyuki and want to build the Ball Factory now (again...). I was just wondering, what module i can use, to use the Ball factory in a row with other modules, since the original output ramp is pretty low. Do you have any suggestions?

PS: @9v system do you have a eta for the Ball cleaner manual and partlist? This is a module i would instantly buy the parts for - so if you need someone to "testbuild", i am ready to go! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2017 at 2:32 AM, Maico said:

Who is the actual copyright holder of these models?

Every set of instructions has a copyright at the bottom of every page.  As the instruction creator, I am always listed along with Akiyuki and anyone else who helped out.  The files are all password protected so the copyright cannot be removed.  I wonder if these files from Chinese sites still contain my copyright?  I wonder if a check is in the mail to my location right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heres an update on the ball cleaner.

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

now im not sure if I should continue because I just don't seem to be interested in it anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@9v system

Not interested anymore? Why the mind change?

This is still one of my favorite Mindstorm modules. Would be very cool to see it replicated :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, tismabrick said:

@9v system

Not interested anymore? Why the mind change?

This is still one of my favorite Mindstorm modules. Would be very cool to see it replicated :)

I just haven't touched it for ages and it has so many parts I could do with right now

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 9v system said:

I just haven't touched it for ages and it has so many parts I could do with right now

I can truely understand that - if you have loads of projects, some are become less interesting ^^

Do you have a estimation, how much % you have finished of the ball cleaner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hocki said:

I can truely understand that - if you have loads of projects, some are become less interesting ^^

Do you have a estimation, how much % you have finished of the ball cleaner?

70% is there and working

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 9v system said:

70% is there and working

Thats amazing!!!

It's up to you - but i bet a lot of people, including me, would love to see this module rebricked! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blakbird would you like me to take over the project? I am building the zig zag stair v2 which the instructions were made by Courbet. I would like to post a review on it but are you able to add it to the list as its not there? and can you do a render of it please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instructions for akiyuki's zig zag stair V1 and V2 are now complete and are available Here V1, V2

800x600.jpg

There was some talk at the time that this module would be quite easy to replicate. And there was also a discussion as to why Akiyuki does not use this module In any of his later layouts. It was found out later that the module was quite unreliable and based on the comments of myself and others that this module would break down frequently I didn't consider it reliable enough to be put in a layout. However David has revised the instructions and I have also suggested that a chain should be used to drive both cranks so that they stay in sync but I have not tested this.

That being said this is a good module to start with because it uses a minimal amount of parts and is the smallest Akiyuki module so far.

800x600.jpg

V2 of this module was reproduced by Courbet and he took the extra time to add the input and output connecters on the ends. I have built this module and so far I have had no problems with this module, the main difference is that this version uses one central crank instead of two improving reliability. The only complaint I have is the output connector is the wrong size, hence it is hard to get it to lock to other modules, but i'm sure Courbet could improve this by adding a longer output and then adding the black 1x14 technic bricks so they can lift clear of the supports for the trans clear panels. Other than that this module is layout worthy and should work fine for any gbc layout.      

 

Edited by 9v system
added links

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who has been at work pouring over this specific topic and reading all the hard work that everyone has been putting in, I have to admit that I am fascinated by the Bucket/Ball Factory and already am gearing up to buy the pieces and get it built.

... On that note I saw the one hour timing video and cringed a bit, but after reading that Blakbird was super pleased with the build process I have to say I'm inspired to complete it.
I'll keep everyone up to date with how it is coming along, and no doubt I suspect once it is finished it will be run at local lego shows :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TassemetZateki said:

I'll keep everyone up to date with how it is coming along, and no doubt I suspect once it is finished it will be run at local lego shows :)

Good luck with that, be sure to read all improvements posted here and then make some more, it's an impressive piece of machinery but drop 1 ball in the wrong place and you can start over again with re-timing it. Not an ideal situation in a LEGO show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Berthil said:

Good luck with that, be sure to read all improvements posted here and then make some more, it's an impressive piece of machinery but drop 1 ball in the wrong place and you can start over again with re-timing it. Not an ideal situation in a LEGO show.

See, that's why I like these machines. (I'm used to kits which once built you mod) These require repairs and upgrades, and I'm ok with that. As for timing well... I guess I'll just have to find out for myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a very productive week, Yoann (@yoyo08190) and I have made a functional replica of another new module from Akiyuki's Brickfest 2017 video. Guess which one?

Yoann will probably post a video very soon. I still have got a lot of work to do, instructions will take time to complete and test.

Regards,
Laurent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/7/2017 at 8:26 AM, 9v system said:

I just haven't touched it for ages and it has so many parts I could do with right now

 

:( I hope you still find some time to finish it....I am so much waiting for it...:)

The work you did until now is unbelievable...!!

Edited by Lawrence74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Courbet  As always your work making the building instructions is very much appreciated. Yoann asked me for building instructions for my Paternoster but I cannot make it but I will send her more detailed pictures.

Meanwhile I rebuild my Marble Run with ball shooters in the center after it got destroyed flying to Madrid and made several improvements including gates at the top for more consistent running.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Courbet said:

After a very productive week, Yoann (@yoyo08190) and I have made a functional replica of another new module from Akiyuki's Brickfest 2017 video. Guess which one?

Yoann will probably post a video very soon. I still have got a lot of work to do, instructions will take time to complete and test.

Regards,
Laurent

Geneva Drive? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Courbet said:

After a very productive week, Yoann (@yoyo08190) and I have made a functional replica of another new module from Akiyuki's Brickfest 2017 video. Guess which one?

Yoann will probably post a video very soon. I still have got a lot of work to do, instructions will take time to complete and test.

Regards,
Laurent

New akiyuki train?

@Blakbird any updates from you?

 

 

Edited by 9v system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right 9VSystem, we have built a functioning replica of the latest of Akiyuki's GBC train.

I can confirm a better reliability than the last one as well as other improvements too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Courbet said:

You are right 9VSystem, we have built a functioning replica of the latest of Akiyuki's GBC train.

I can confirm a better reliability than the last one as well as other improvements too.

Good to hear, I already stacked up train parts for it half a year ago :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also good.. I built the loader... but could never get it, or the cart working reliably.... it always seemed like the cart + M motor were underpowered, or straining too much to drive the whole loader mechanism

and I did go over it for many hours.. swapping parts.. ensuring everything was loose, and friction-free as possible

I even roughed-up the tops of a couple of lengths of track, in an attempt to give the wheels more grip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, @9v system, after working on the train with courbet. I got back on the basketball shooter v2. I already go well, only worry I do not how it sets the control table to the air lock. Can you send me a picture of your system? thank you in advance.

Thanks for the photo of the cup to cup, I soon the version, I have the exact copy of akiyuki, my I realized that version was not good (turret turns too fast), thanks to courbet that my Well to troubleshoot on this blow there. I would post
  Photos soon.

Edited by yoyo08190

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, Hocki said:

Hello there,

i am totaly new here and happy that i finaly managed to register here.

First of all - thanks to all the people, especially The Rebricker, 9V and Blakbird, for all the hard work making these manuals and part lists.
I allready build a few GBCs from Akiyuki and want to build the Ball Factory now (again...). I was just wondering, what module i can use, to use the Ball factory in a row with other modules, since the original output ramp is pretty low. Do you have any suggestions?

PS: @9v system do you have a eta for the Ball cleaner manual and partlist? This is a module i would instantly buy the parts for - so if you need someone to "testbuild", i am ready to go! :)

in regards to the ball factory, if you have a look at akiyukis video you can see he uses a wheel to lift the balls back up to standard height.

4 hours ago, yoyo08190 said:

Hello, @9v system, after working on the train with courbet. I got back on the basketball shooter v2. I already go well, only worry I do not how it sets the control table to the air lock. Can you send me a picture of your system? thank you in advance.

Thanks for the photo of the cup to cup, I soon the version, I have the exact copy of akiyuki, my I realized that version was not good (turret turns too fast), thanks to courbet that my Well to troubleshoot on this blow there. I would post
  Photos soon.

I was not able to figure out how the control panel is linked to the frame based on the photos but im sure I could have another look at it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I built the loader... but could never get it, or the cart working reliably.... it always seemed like the cart + M motor were underpowered, or straining too much to drive the whole loader mechanism"

I had exactly the same problems.

I would love a more reliable set up.

Thanks to everyone who is making all this possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.