3 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

Could well be. I hadn't removed the IsClientConnected from The Sun.

Try now.

The sun's instruction also downloaded successfully. Thank you.

greetings all,

nice work on the cup to cup,

i finished building peanuts a couple of weeks ago, and im working on ball sorter at the moment with only new parts as always

i dont have heart chain yet but i plan the build that one and hockey stick as well, i wont be doing catch and spin though, i also add akiyuki standard to them

Aron

Ps @Innocity how well does the module: strain wave gear work? im thinking of building that one too as well

Edited by 9v system

I have bought some of the new size gears, so I will be converting Catch & Spin to use them. Will be interesting to see how it performs.

I have yet to be doing Peanuts, it may well be the next one on the list after the current one: Invisible Lift.

Next digital instructions should be the Orbit Overlap one by Riku Katsumata. No ETA on that one at all though.

Am surprised so many people have done Heart Chain after Akiyuki's comments about it. e.g. wear and tear.

23 minutes ago, 9v system said:

greetings all,

nice work on the cup to cup,

i finished building peanuts a couple of weeks ago, and im working on ball sorter at the moment with only new parts as always

i dont have heart chain yet but i plan the build that one and hockey stick as well, i wont be doing catch and spin though, i also add akiyuki standard to them

Aron

Ps @Innocity how well does the module: strain wave gear work? im thinking of building that one too as well

It worked fine.

The module was lighter than I thought and the movement was smoother than the cycloidal drive.

Sometimes there is a problem of spilling balls when the balls reach the ramp, but you can solve it by adding bricks to it.

Akiyuki said that after running it for a long time, there was a problem with the gearbox disassembled.

We may not see strain wave gearing at the next Japan brickfest.

29 minutes ago, Innocity said:

It worked fine.

The module was lighter than I thought and the movement was smoother than the cycloidal drive.

Sometimes there is a problem of spilling balls when the balls reach the ramp, but you can solve it by adding bricks to it.

Akiyuki said that after running it for a long time, there was a problem with the gearbox disassembled.

We may not see strain wave gearing at the next Japan brickfest.

ok interesting, in my GBC group on facebook people who have built the heart chain have said that it works quite well

From his site:

"The module does not have high durability. During a 6-h running test, the friction between the roller coaster chassis and rails increased; consequently, the joint of the rails came off. The module is not suitable for use at the GBC exhibition. When the module is exhibited, the adhesion and lubrication are necessary for the rails. The rails at the slope are largely worn down. It is better to make the slope angle gently."

Hockey Stick Lift XL

Based on @Berthil 's XXL version

9 passing points if I count right xD

Invisible Lift with improvements by @Berthil

Edited by dunes
video added

Love to see the Akiyuki machines with some "Berthil" sprinkled over them.

For a collection of my modules see https://www.flickr.com/photos/165570914@N08/

An brief overview:

49321985552_068c417787_c.jpg

49321277023_00e992346c_c.jpg

I still mis a few 9V transfomers, and some modules still need some work (the Ball Factory V3 and Strain Wave)

Edited by t0mster

Nothing new or fancy about this, just posting a picture of it, since I haven't noticed anyone else do it.

800x450.jpg

Swapped the Catch & Spin module over to the new gear size. Works fine.

You could also replace the Technic, Axle 4 with Center Stop with a Technic, Axle 3 if you wanted to.

19 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Nothing new or fancy about this, just posting a picture of it, since I haven't noticed anyone else do it.

About to build it too (missing parts not received yet), after quickly looking at the mechanism on the 3D model, I noticed this too and intended to implement this optimization too.

For people who haven't guessed yet how it works, this part of the mechanism spins the robot faster than its central axle on the last stage of its spin move (thanks to the Z24 eccentric gear, acting like a partial gear, which engages with a fast spinning gear), so that the hands mechanism gets driven backwards from the robot's point of view, making it open its arms, thus releasing the ball.

This mechanism couldn't be built directly on the robot's body, due to its complexity. That's why it's remotely placed (with its 1:1 gear ratio to the robot's body built around these Z28 gears and turntables).

19 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Swapped the Catch & Spin module over to the new gear size. Works fine.

Also, glad to know that it works, and totally convinced to do it this way too.

We could then now submit this slight optimization proposal to Akiyuki, couldn't we ? (I'm aware he designed the "Catch & Spin Robots" module before the availability of the new Z28 gear).

I am sure he is well aware of it.

Will be interesting to see if the instructions do get changed at some point for new purchasers.

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate location but I just built Akiyuki's Hockey Stick Lift and I have it available for sale so I can build other MOCs, if anyone is interested feel free to contact me.

@Filipe128 I’m definitely interested in it! How much are you asking? Shipped from USA? Can you ship assembled? A reply is appreciated! Thank you! 

Sincerely,

Ethan McCain

Edited by Ethan M

hello all, im selling the following modules

Tilted rotors, complete built with new and used parts, no motor included

and steering cup, missing the cup pieces, built out of used pieces no motor

thanks

Aron

Just now, 9v system said:

hello all, im selling the following modules

Tilted rotors, complete built with new and used parts, no motor included

and steering cup, missing the cup pieces, built out of used pieces no motor

thanks

Aron

Can you please send me a personal message?

So, I have started on the Invisible Lift and the questions are starting.

Floaty.png

Here you have an axle and gear which just sort of floats there.

e,g, there is no bush between gear and L 3x5 Liftarm.

Is this to allow for adjustments with timings?

no bush in between.in instructions. but U can add one. I havent.

timing? not really. its just the ball feeder.

I wonder if anyone who built the Hockey Stick Lift module had this problem which I tried to demonstrate in this video:

The motor is struggling periodically at some point of the movement but I can't identify what's causing this. I've checked for errors in the build but I couldn't identify any problem, and as far as I can tell, in the original Akiyuki video the motor doesn't seem to struggle at any point of the movement. 

Thank you

(Just a reminder I am selling this module to be able to build others, if you're interested please contact me).

Edited by Filipe128
Grammar

That clicking sounds horrible.

Did you use @Berthil's axle tester before building it?

That would be my first port of call. Bent axles cause all sorts of weird friction issues.

Just now, Ankoku said:

That clicking sounds horrible.

Did you use @Berthil's axle tester before building it?

That would be my first port of call. Bent axles cause all sorts of weird friction issues.

Thanks for the tip, I wasn't even aware of that. 

Okay. Have made my first change. Wasn't very happy with how the ball/box lifter was done.

640x429.jpg

Below is a render of the original and my replacement. In reality, mine is all black, just due to the pieces that I had to hand at the time.

Box_Lifter.png

I didn't like how the only thing stopping the Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular 3L with 2 Pin Holes was the axles themselves and one of those is used for lifting.

The replacement design is a bit heavier, but also a bit more rigid, which helps with smoothness running up and down the guiding axles. It also stops the box from rotating.

There are two errors in Ankoku's instruciton. Check it out in my video. 

Compared to Akiyuki's original module, the cups' angle of rotation is small, so the first ball is not received. 

This module seems to require timing setup for more precise running.

Special thanks to Ankoku.