@Ankoku, I am finishing up the Bugatti Chiron - stock model. Once done, I plan to build the Invisible Lift. I have about 95% of the required parts, but enough to get a good head start. I plan to use all of the improvements that @Berthil shows on his Flickr account. Hopefully I will start the build around Christmas time. Let's compare notes as we progress. By the way, my Catch and Spin Robots are the best and most reliable GBC that I have built to date. All my grandkids love it and play with it all the time. @Berthil Version 3 Ball Factory is a close 2nd. I love how well it works.

Just now, rskamen said:

@Berthil Version 3 Ball Factory is a close 2nd. I love how well it works.

Thanks :)  Works even better with the latest updates to Spiral Lift and Bucket Shifter.
Good luck with the invisible lift, it's worth all the extra effort and ran very well for 7 days during this years LEGO World.

10 minutes ago, Berthil said:

Thanks :)  Works even better with the latest updates to Spiral Lift and Bucket Shifter.
Good luck with the invisible lift, it's worth all the extra effort and ran very well for 7 days during this years LEGO World.

I was not aware there are updates to some of the components. I will check the topic thread and any updated building plans. I have been traveling for the past month (spending my sons inheritance) and just getting back to my Lego projects. Good to hear from you.

19 minutes ago, rskamen said:

I was not aware there are updates to some of the components. I will check the topic thread and any updated building plans. I have been traveling for the past month (spending my sons inheritance) and just getting back to my Lego projects. Good to hear from you.

I could only seem to find the original build/instructions; if someone has a link the the latest version, that would be great...!

Having the different parts of the instructions have different version numbers is very confusing. Since the top one is 2.3, it makes you want to find the 2.3 version of part 4.

Also, on the last page of part 4, it might be worth adding a version history, so people know what has changed and can adjust their builds. e.g. a short description of what changed and what pages those changes are on.

May be also interesting here, I've build the Hockey Stick Lift XXL with 13 passing points instead of 5.

2 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Having the different parts of the instructions have different version numbers is very confusing. Since the top one is 2.3, it makes you want to find the 2.3 version of part 4.

Also, on the last page of part 4, it might be worth adding a version history, so people know what has changed and can adjust their builds. e.g. a short description of what changed and what pages those changes are on.

I'm sure you will do a better job than me with your instructions.

There is a 100Mb restriction on file size on Rebrickable so I can't make one file. The file names on Rebrickable have their version number in them so the difference is already visible in the filename which can be compared with the filename on the disk drive of the person that starts building, is already building or has build it. The structural differences per version are listed in the Eurobricks topic.

Edited by Berthil

This module was designed by Akiyuki and is not a GBC module.

It's a module for sorting LEGO bricks.

Akiyuki created Axle sorter (AS-L40A) before building this module.

However, Axle sorter runs on quite complex devices and mechanisms.

Liftarm sorter (LS-L407) is simpler and more intuitive than previous Axle sorter.

The module consists of two units, one for moving the liftarms in a row on the conveyor belt and one for sorting the liftarms.

This module is quite large in size.

A lot of technic bricks and plates are needed to build this module. And this module requires 17 rubber bands,

The role of rubber bands in this module is very important.

I think it is better to use longer rubber bands than shorter ones. Otherwise, due to the strong tension of the rubber band it may generate strong friction on the gears.

Also, if you use thin rubber bands, the liftarms may swing and not sort correctly.

There is no PDF instruction for this module, so assembling it is quite difficult. But be patient and you will eventually complete this module.

Thanks to Aron Lockhart for helping me build this module.

Problem with Catch & Spin Module:

Recently I demonstrated this to a visitor - it run for a while then all movement stopped with gears grinding

Found that the 5L axle with stop had slipped down out of the angle box frame allowing the 20T thin bevel gear to disengage.

Solved by replacing the 5L axle with stop by a 8L axle with stop.

A bit fiddly getting it into place with any dismantling of other parts but managed it OK.

A thin bush also add to prevent the axle from slipping.

I may have missed putting the small wheel hub on the axle but module runs OK Without it.

See image

49217101617_4cde7408a1_z.jpg

Instruction - Page 82 step 4

49216821166_ff73fa2bea_o.jpg

Edited by Doug72

I uploaded a video of invisible lift three years ago. A few months ago I decided to replace some of the bricks in the module, check running and review.

Well, with Christmas coming up and an Invisible Lift to build, along with a bit of a prod, I finally finished off the Cup-to-Cup v1.6. All steps are sorted and new off-ramp implemented.

Will see if I can get the instructions done over the weekend.

Will create two parts lists. One with less common, more aesthetically pleasing pieces, the other with more common pieces.

The new off-ramp is nothing to be proud of. I tried to keep it as similar to what people already have as I could. Also, it created from what parts I had available at the time :P

That said, it is less bendy that the original.

800x450.jpg

On 11/21/2019 at 9:58 PM, Berthil said:

Go ahead and do that for all models, curious I am.

Ok i will try i have one for six heads all ready.

Try downloading it again. It should be 32MB in size.

If it isn't 32MB, it means it hasn't finished downloading and yes, it would be corrupt.

I have tested it and the download isn't corrupted.

39 minutes ago, Innocity said:

I downloaded it but it is a damaged file and can't be opened.

Same - tried twice, only 25.2MB downloads each time

Try now.

I have changed the chunk size it streams it at.

Makes no odds for me downloading it in both Chrome and Firefox (works fine with both), but maybe it will help your downloads.

1 hour ago, Ankoku said:

Try downloading it again. It should be 32MB in size.

If it isn't 32MB, it means it hasn't finished downloading and yes, it would be corrupt.

I have tested it and the download isn't corrupted.

I tried several times but the file (less than 32MB) was not opened. I downloaded the instruction for 'The sun' too, it was not open.

I recommend that you upload the file to 'rebrickable.com'.

I have them hosted on my own site for a number of reasons.

The instructions for The Sun has been downloaded by hundreds of people in 21 countries without issue. Nothing has changed.

It sounds like your connection tries to get it over more than one attempt, which won't work.

@Innocity

Are you using a Mac?

I have removed the IsClientConnected check. See if that helps.

Potentially, there could have been an issue where if the file wasn't downloaded within 90 seconds, it would die. Which considering that the server is based in the US and you are in South Korea, that could be the case. (Internet in South Korea is awesome, but the connection between the two countries isn't always the fastest.

I have set it to allow 10mins for download. Maybe that will fix things.

Between the US and UK, It downloads at about 800k/s for me. Which meant it always finished in around 40s for me.

@OneMoreRobot is in Australia, which could cause a similar issue.

Let me know how you get on now. Have made the change to both Cup-to-Cup and The Sun.

12 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

@Innocity

Are you using a Mac?

Potentially, there could have been an issue where if the file wasn't downloaded within 90 seconds, it would die. Which considering that the server is based in the US and you are in South Korea, that could be the case. (Internet in South Korea is awesome, but the connection between the two countries isn't always the fastest.

Between the US and UK, It downloads at about 800k/s for me. Which meant it always finished in around 40s for me.

Let me know how you get on now. Have made the change to both Cup-to-Cup and The Sun.

Finally succeeded. thank you for your hard work. I was preparing a cup to cup review and I'll modify it to 'cup to cup v1.6' and run it.

haha. I am up to version 1.7 with mine :P

It is definitely a version which has plenty more improvement potential.

The new hopper works, but could look better. I think there is a lot of flexibility there.

The offramp is functional, but that is it. It stalls at about the middle of the 2nd ramp due to the counter rotation momentum of the previous ramp. I kinda like this aspect of it though. No idea if I will keep it.

Thanks for letting me know of the issue and keeping with me as I tried to resolve it. I am guessing it just came down to it taking longer than 90s to complete, due to geographic location. (Don't think it is an OS issue)

Hopefully, due to you two, there should be a lot less frustration for all.

44 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

@Innocity

Are you using a Mac?

I have successfully downloaded the instruction to 'cup to cup' but the instruction to 'the sun' is not open yet. Is this possible?