Thanks Ankoku I have been there one of my favorite pages actually.
 Given that as you say BSX are not supported by some host what are the MPD files below the
PDF instructions. I know the parts list is the last page of the PDF instructions just looking for the drag and
drop to create parts wanted lists rather than doing it all manually.

MPD is a file format LDraw supports.

I think you need to use something like this:

To convert the MPD into a BSX/XML file.

I'm almost done building the building instruction part of the Peanuts module, the remaining will be all modifications. A few observations:

• The inbox is 12 studs wide and without frame below (I'm bringing it back to 10 wide with frame beneath it)
  • All 1 x 9 liftarms to make the frame rigid are placed on the inside of the frame (I'm putting them back on the outside)
  • The whole frame at the start has TWO plates beneath it (not one). This to create clearance for the 4L liftarms cranks that moves the rod up to push the balls up through the turntable (I found a solution bring this back to 1 plate but still have to see if this will work with the ball pusher)
  • Two sections of the rollercoaster rails have no support, probably good enough for home use (I've added supports as I will be taking it to events)
  • The two supports without frame look a bit flimsy, I haven't build it to test but one can see the upper part moves in the video (I will be building a full frame below the module, also better for transport)
  • The whole 'rollercoaster' is placed at an angle of 45 degrees to the inbox (I will try to turn it 45 degrees back to bring the exit back in line with the entrance)
  • A lot of blue pins in this module and quite a few LBG 1x4 thin liftarms.
  • There are small errors in the instruction (it's hard to be perfect)
  • He doesn't do pin alignment :)

Here picture of my 4L thin liftarm crank replacement using rims and 3L. Of course ball goes 1 plate less up in the ball pump but this doesn't seem to be an issue so far. Also added a drop stop for correct pick up height and reinforced total axle column with 32529 at the bottom and 9L liftarm instead of 7L. The bottom broke off multiple times when working on it and it flexed. Not any more.

48439233517_da09d88066_c.jpg

Edited by Berthil
Added picture

17 hours ago, Berthil said:
  • A lot of blue pins in this module and quite a few LBG 1x4 thin liftarms.
  • He doesn't do pin alignment :)

Moreover, he omitted a backdoor in the pump to empty it after a show is finished -:)

It is just a joke. This is a perfect module, with several nice technical tricks. And the instructions are very professional.

Edited by Jonas

Done keeping all observations in mind :)

48471810652_8c6680ba5a_c.jpg

48471807687_d68c404ff5_c.jpg

48471657341_979219617f_c.jpg

Edited by Berthil
Typo

42 minutes ago, OneMoreRobot said:

Well done @Berthil excellent enhancements, respect 

2 minutes ago, Chipstertrain said:

Absolutely fantastic, way better than the original in my opinion, congratulations on a superb job well done.

Chip.

Thanks! Very pleased how it turned out, can't wait to show it at LEGO World Utrecht for 7 days.

@Berthil, your modifications are simply great!

Will you be making instructions for the modifications?

I’m willing to pay the same amount as for the original instructions (which I already own).

@tismabrick Unfortunately Akiyuki is selling his instruction which I obviously also bought. I'm not allowed to copy (parts of) his instruction and I can't make an instruction of my version of Peanuts without copying. So although I want to I'm not allowed. The Akiyuki Project in this 88 page topic was all about creating building instructions of Akiyuki GBCs by reverse engineering. When Akiyuki started selling is instructions with copyright notice this all stopped. Akiyuki's choice, not mine, I'm all for an open community as I have proven with several free instructions.

@Berthil, unfortunately true, Maybe you could just share detail images of what you enhanced. The frame could be reverse engineered I guess ;)

But you also modifed the hoppers (including drop stop) and the angle of railway as well as the enhanced support for the rails.

I came to the same conclusion. When instructions are sold, you can't just change a bit and put out a full set of instructions or digital file.

That said, you can probably do some additional renders or photographs.

In the true spirit of LEGO, it could act as inspiration for others to find their own solutions!

Today I received the roller coaster tracks and cars so I could complete the Peanut module. I am still amazed by its clever design that allows for ball relays and transfers in rather high speed. Moreover, it worked correctly from the first moment after I switched on the motor.

I have built the original version as I like its out-of-line orientation and mainly the movable output track which may be easily arranged for loop-back feeding. Here and there I made some modifications, usually to avoid some extra BL purchases, e.g. the replacement of the black banana gear by a series of slopes.

I also bought the Peanut module instructions and I would really love to build @Berthilsversion

Maybe you can offer your instructions to the people who can proove that they bought the original ones. Maybe with a photo including a hand written "Hey Berthil" sign or something similar :D

Edited by Frequenzberater

To run the ball cleaner in closed loop mode, I have added a modular track on the backside of the ball cleaner. This design is based on Berthil’s ball feed of the invisible lift module.

https://bricksafe.com/files/Juroen/building-tech/872AAE9A-9765-4A65-9BB3-F9416FE32E6C.jpeg/1920x1440.jpg

The track is easy to disconnect so the module can also run in GBC mode. 

https://bricksafe.com/files/Juroen/building-tech/866D53F4-6396-4D74-974B-2E4145CB7A1E.jpeg/1920x1440.jpg

I made this with the parts I had. Eventually I will make this with black parts.

Akiyuki has proved again that his visions go much further than most of us can imagine. Now, it is clear why he introduced the non-straight arrangement of the tracks.

Edited by Jonas
typo

It is amazing what you can do with a modular system.

I am just wondering @Berthil whether a Technic, Axle Connector Double Flexible (Rubber) could be used to cushion the fall of the ball loader? The banging noise from it in the video isn't entirely pleasant.

7 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

I am just wondering @Berthil whether a Technic, Axle Connector Double Flexible (Rubber) could be used to cushion the fall of the ball loader? The banging noise from it in the video isn't entirely pleasant.

That should not be a problem although it's not desirable if it bounces up, especially at the higher speeds.

When building Peanuts I have seen this modular system is easily extendable as I already had made extra supports the same way as the other turntables are attached. It is a series of three-quarters of half rounds of rollercoaster rails connected together.
That's why this extension doesn't surprise me as I've already seen it in my head and others too as they already suggested to me to do something like this with my build. Therefore I think the modular build doesn't add much to the original build which was already impressive. But good to see he spends the money earned with selling building instructions on more LEGO :classic:

Edited by Berthil
typos

Good point with the speed.

Being a programmer, I think the modular concept behind it is important. It is nice to see it appear in the GBC world. I also like how he managed to get the separation of the orange and white balls like in the original Ball Factory.

The editing of the video shows a number of times when things went wrong. Near the end when he is using the spiral lift module, you hear a nasty crunch and what sounds like a scattering of balls.

19 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Being a programmer, I think the modular concept behind it is important. It is nice to see it appear in the GBC world. I also like how he managed to get the separation of the orange and white balls like in the original Ball Factory.

I agree. The modular concept brings a new level to this amazing GBC system. I am sure that Akiyuki and other people will come with new layouts or even new modules. I can imagine inclusion of straight tracks, maybe also the incline ones. One just needs to keep synchronization. For me, the main challenge is to make an inter-leaving system with just one pair of loader and unloader where a cart will travel 1 and 1/2 loop before being unloaded.

I get the feeling inclines will be out due to the variance it will create, gravity being what it is.

I was thinking about modular stuff myself, but it was with different modules, rather than repetition/expansion of a single module.

Finally got around to transferring my digital reverse engineering into a physical thing.

Obviously, when it works this well, you don't need no stinking ramp! (I had to remove the ramp to sort out the syncing. Due to how the cross bracing works, adjusting the syncing from the back isn't an option and the ramp stops you doing it from the front.)

Note that no balls remain in the hopper at the end. I believe I threw 30 in there. I always hated the balls getting left behind in the hopper.

I am actually really pleased with how smooth it now is and as you can hear from the motor, it is pretty happy. Obviously, that is all Akiyuki's work, I haven't modified any of that, just the hopper and the arrangement of the spiral tubing.

This was actually the module that first got me into GBC as being something I might actually build. Having seen is many moons ago, I started collecting the dishes. This was before I knew about people did instructions for these things. When I discovered that, I did the Ball Factory first, which is something I never would have attempted. I was in awe of the Ball Factory, where as this module seemed more attainable and I loved the motion of it.

Actually building the original version was a bit disappointing as it didn't work as smoothly as I had hoped, it had issues and the balls being left behind really bugged me. So having it work like this is really satisfying. No more juddering of note!

Might take me a little while to do instructions, as the changes are a bit of a mess, step wise, in the file. I will get it done though. Most of the work is already there.