Thanks. 30159 is available in dark grey, so that might be the correct part. As part 8 is only available in blue, red , white and light grey. Any thoughts on the black parts? Magnet holder tile?

Edited by Juroen

@Berthil I noticed you have changed the ballfeed on the invisible lift with black tubes in stead of bricks. Would you mind to share a picture how you mounted the tubes to the frame of the invisible lift? I would like to use this solution in combination with your ball catcher feed module to create a loop with my ballcleaner module.

5 hours ago, Juroen said:

@Berthil I noticed you have changed the ballfeed on the invisible lift with black tubes in stead of bricks. Would you mind to share a picture how you mounted the tubes to the frame of the invisible lift? I would like to use this solution in combination with your ball catcher feed module to create a loop with my ballcleaner module.

@Juroen All changes I made to the Invisible Lift I have put on Flickr including ball feed, I hope you can find what you need.

It now has run many days with only dropping a few balls. But the XL motor dies after 7 events days, it now has its third motor.

38897353921_a708f66c83_c.jpg

Edited by Berthil

@Berthil Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for. I’m not planning to build the invisible lift, but I found your alternative ball feed very clean.

For those interested, I have posted building instructions to Akiyuki's Container Transporter on the [GBC] Akiyuki project (EV3)(NXT) thread.

New Akiyuki Lab video, showing why he went with the solution he did for the drive axle of the Strain Wave module.

Very nice! Would like a version with sturdier frame and in- and outbox in line.

Excellent idea and execution. It will be my first Akiyuki BI purchase so planning on building one. I want to build it with inbox and outbox in line and keep turnable exit to be able to use it as a corner module. Below that a full frame for sturdiness which means turning the tracks 45 degrees. From the videos it could be reverse engineered to the version I have in mind but although I'm against selling GBC instructions, he deserves my money for this one :)

6 hours ago, Ankoku said:

I like the fact that it can be a closed loop.

It seems this design is more directed to stand alone operation than GBC events. Could help BI sales :)

Edited by Berthil

Hopefully, he never considers stand-alone when designing these things. It just ends up being an added bonus.

I don't mind him charging, considering how much attention he has brought to the world of GBC and how next level some of his designs are. I certainly would never have come up with the mechanisms involved in doing the Catch & Spin module.

I am kinda glad he did this module, as I like the idea of a module using the roller coaster tracks, but the Heart one was prohibitively expensive for what it did and it seems it destroyed itself pretty quickly.

Anyway, this is the promo vid for it:

It is another great model from him.  I do wonder how long they take him to design and build.  

Even I don't build the model just going through the instructions is a great way to learn.

9 hours ago, Berthil said:

From the videos it could be reverse engineered to the version I have in mind but although I'm against selling GBC instructions, he deserves my money for this one :)

I fully agree. For me, purchasing his instructions is an appropriate way of supporting his highly inspiring works.

I also like that he thinks on those with different skills. For those who want to go the reverse engineering path, there is usually a lot of details in the videos, for the others, there are carefully made BI.

Today I found the hosting server I use doesn't allow BSX extensions. So I had to put them in a zip file. Akiyuki does the same for the BSX parts lists.

Similar issue?

1 hour ago, Ankoku said:

Today I found the hosting server I use doesn't allow BSX extensions. So I had to put them in a zip file. Akiyuki does the same for the BSX parts lists.

Similar issue?

courbet used bricksafe if i remember

BSX as a file extension on Linux is: Bash Self-Extracting Script.

As you can imagine, hosting companies don't want people to access/execute such files via the internet. So they disable that extension by default. You get returned a 404.3 status code. Which is basically: It may be there, it may not be there, either way, you aren't getting it.

Since most servers are run on Linux, for both cost and security reasons, the likelihood of hitting that is quite high. Even a lot of .Net sights are now hosted on Linux.

So yeah, the files could be there, but not accessible.

Lesson: Always zip up your BSX files before hosting them anywhere.

11 hours ago, 9v system said:

@Courbet the links for the bsx files for the type 2 train dont work. do you still have the files?

I deleted them by mistake, I have restored them now.

But maybe the links on the front page should be deleted and the "train module type 2" should be removed from the Akiyuki Project since Akiyuki himself provided all the definitive building instructions for free and the .bsx files I provided don't match his instructions, and the fact that there is a dedicated thread about Akiyuki's GBC train elsewhere in this forum.

Hi Courbet so the BSX files for the Type 2 train wont be restored. I get why but if somebody could point me in the right direction to get the Akiyuki BSX files if they exist it that would be awesome.

Thanks in Advance

A newbie in GBC :-)