Just now, Ankoku said:

To be honest, I find it the most attractive of my GBCs as just an ornament. When ever I look at it, it brings a smile to my face.

I totally agree. It is most unique. Has "complexity" written all over it, and it amazes anyone that comes into my house. I keep it covered just to keep it clean. It's not something that is easily dusted or vacuumed.

@HRU_Bricks Just want to say, great work on the air compressor video and design. Was really enjoyable to watch, very well put together.

I like the fact that one of your solutions for the compressor is a solution I used on the Akiyuki Catch & Release module. e.g. driving it from both ends. My implementation of it is messy, but as a proof of concept, the results are very pleasing.

Also love the use of the rubber Technic, Axle Connector Double Flexible to isolate the cylinders from the frame. I remember creating a 4 cylinder version many moons ago and it bounced all over the place, so it is a much needed solution to that issue.

Anyway, it looks great, very nice aesthetics and some great solutions to the issues at hand.

Have LEGO actually done any sets with air tanks of late? I have a bunch, but am curious as to whether they are hard to come by these days. I think all of mine are blue.

The tanks are hard to come by these days, also because any shipment is almost immediately a package in most countries making it even more expensive.
I just finished my 4 cilinder version without Akiyuki frame and have a ton of bricks left over from my 8 cilinder version with Akiyuki frame.
It runs very smooth by the way, no bouncing. I made a quick phone picture but the forum won't let me upload.

You can only link to images on this forum. I ability to upload images only applies to an avatar/footer image really. I think your total space is something 500k :P

14 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Have LEGO actually done any sets with air tanks of late? I have a bunch, but am curious as to whether they are hard to come by these days. I think all of mine are blue.

Lego Educational Set 9641 (Mindstorms Pneumatic Pump Accessory) features an air tank (White) and can (in the UK, you'll need to check your local site) buy them from the 'Bits and Pieces' page

image.png.edb1f13ed6ff344644c00f9e9b0c544d.png

Brick & Pieces usually only has pieces for 5 years after they lasted appeared in a set. Is there a set this appears in which Brick Link doesn't know about, or is this just an exception to the rule? Either way, it is good to see it available. Thanks @LucyCol!

Edited by Ankoku

16 hours ago, Ankoku said:

@HRU_Bricks Just want to say, great work on the air compressor video and design. Was really enjoyable to watch, very well put together.

I like the fact that one of your solutions for the compressor is a solution I used on the Akiyuki Catch & Release module. e.g. driving it from both ends. My implementation of it is messy, but as a proof of concept, the results are very pleasing.

Also love the use of the rubber Technic, Axle Connector Double Flexible to isolate the cylinders from the frame. I remember creating a 4 cylinder version many moons ago and it bounced all over the place, so it is a much needed solution to that issue.

Anyway, it looks great, very nice aesthetics and some great solutions to the issues at hand.

Thanks for feedback and glad you liked it. 

The Akiyuki Catch & Release module is on my 2019 to build list. I do like the mechanism in it and how it operates. 

There is not too many builds with the air tanks. I buy them on Bricklink and there is quite a few out their with varying prices (which will probably rise now due to those wanting to build the compressor). https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=67c01&idColor=1&name=White Pneumatic Airtank&category=[Pneumatic]#T=S&C=1&O={"color":1,"st":"4","iconly":0} 

On 2/24/2019 at 10:57 AM, Ankoku said:

Nice to see this thread nice and busy, especially with the work going on with the ball cleaner by @Juroen, @HRU_Bricks and @drullph20!

Welcome back @rskamen! I too have just got back from a rather long holiday. Am currently trying to catch up with everything!

Adding the new Akiyuki module again, just so it shows the thumbnail. I get the feeling this site doesn't check for the youtu.be URL.

With this module, I like how it speeds up after it drops the ball off.

I also like the fact that it isn't too big, so shouldn't break the bank to build!

I purchased the building instructions from Akiyuki for the Catch and Spin Robots. Just wondering if anyone has built this yet? Any issues, improvements, mods, etc? It is not high on my list right now as I am sourcing parts for the Invisible Lift and the Train components, but I do like this module and will eventually build it. Maybe use the Akiyuki snake slide to feed the balls back into the front load hopper, or a version of @Berthil ball ramp on his Invisible Lift. That would make this little module a stand-alone module with a complete loop for the balls.

My version of the Akiyuki Catch and Spin Robots with the Cup to Cup type 2 and the Hockey Sticks

Edited by FernandoQ

Can somebody post the link to purchase instructions for the Catch & Spin robots - can't find them !!

1 minute ago, Ankoku said:

https://akiyuki.jp/en/works/1423

Buy now link at the bottom.

Thanks - that was quick
Cost is £6.12 UK
I have all the parts except the LEGO Gear Wheel Z12 with Hole / Crossaxle (24014) which are the robot hands

Edited by Doug72

Hello Doug72

The hands of the robot, rather the arms, and the neck. Three for each robot.

That piece 24014 does not exist in any Technic set and I think we are missing almost all Technic fans

Edited by FernandoQ

I have also bought all required parts for the catch and spin module at bricklink. Parts waiting for assembly since three weeks. But I was not able to find some time for it yet :sceptic:

2 hours ago, FernandoQ said:

Hello Doug72

The hands of the robot, rather the arms, and the neck. Three for each robot.

That piece 24014 does not exist in any Technic set and I think we are missing almost all Technic fans

Thanks for clearing up my error, found some on Brickowl at 20 p each.

2 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

I have also bought all required parts for the catch and spin module at bricklink. Parts waiting for assembly since three weeks. But I was not able to find some time for it yet :sceptic:

Can you give a rough idea of the cost of parts from Bricklink ?

Any thoughts on how best to scavenge parts from my Bucket Wheel Excavator (Set #42055) that I need for the Invisible Lift?  I have printed out the complete parts list for the Invisible Lift, and the parts list for the BWE. As I see common parts (regardless of quantity), I start going through each bag in the BWE box and carefully removing the parts I need. It is slow and tedious. I imagine that as I keep gathering parts, the amount that I have to sort through will get smaller. Is there really any method to this madness? I don't want to just dump everything into a large container and rummage through 1,000's of parts.

Most AFOLs have their collection already sorted. It's also common to upload a parts list to a Bricklink wanted list and delete from the list what you have. What you don't have you can order through the wanted list. Sometimes it's better to have multiple wanted lists for multiple builds to save on shipping costs.

4 minutes ago, Berthil said:

Most AFOLs have their collection already sorted. It's also common to upload a parts list to a Bricklink wanted list and delete from the list what you have. What you don't have you can order through the wanted list. Sometimes it's better to have multiple wanted lists for multiple builds to save on shipping costs.

Thanks @Berthil for that quick reply. I have the list for the Invisible Lift uploaded to Bricklink (I am learning), so as I check off items on my printed list, I will also delete, or adjust needed quantities on my Bricklink wanted list. Good idea about keeping multiple lists so I can save on shipping. I know that I will not be able to get everything I need from one or two vendors. Unfortunately I do not have a room full of large and small storage bins to pre-sort everything. My wife will need to relinquish more of the house I bought her :)

Edited by rskamen

I did the Ball Factory Parts lift off the PDF. Damn that was a headache.

Yeah, I tend to add a module's part list twice. One as a preserved list for reference and another where I delete all the bits I have, which I collect in a bucket and then use that to create my list of things to buy.

I have a tower which stores my LEGO. Trays are based on colour and then in that tray they are all bagged up by part. Not overly sophisticated, but gets the job done.

I use something akin to this, which goes up to the ceiling:
wayfair-basics-10-drawer-storage-chest.j

And then this for small bits:

96540.jpg

I am guessing there is a thread on this forum about storage choices.

@Ankoku Nice storage units. I think I can get away with one of those towers. I have a few of the small storage boxes with bins inside and a locking cover. I have one larger box where I keep bigger parts in zip-lock bags, Thanks for offering those suggestions.

When we are talking about Bricklink lists:

Is there a way to merge two or more wanted lists together? 

Actually, you can just copy parts to another list, as long this part does not exists yet.