Yes, it is right 9v system, but works much better with two motors: 5,000 balls processed and only one has fallen.

Edited by FernandoQ
Modify text

On 2017-4-28 at 4:16 PM, Courbet said:

So, how good is the tubing from Modulor.de ?
Is it a good match for Lego one ?

Just stared working with the 3mm rigid tubes for a new project, finishing touch :)

I summarize:

• Size is exactly the same, good!
  • They are a bit softer and easier to bend, as a consequence they retain their shape somewhat less after bending. They can however retain their shape but have to bend further and easily 'nick' when bending with fingers. Better use some kind of template when bending because it's difficult to get a smooth bend, even with a template. After bending they retain their shape without wanting to bend back. Probably some heating up can help with the bending but not too hot and with a template.
  • Because they are softer I have the impression they are less tight fastened in clips and openings they fit in.
  • They shine more as the finish is not so 'grainy' as the LEGO tubes.
  • Black and white are a good match to the LEGO colors
  • Dark Bluish Gray color is a bit less dark grey than the LEGO colors.
  • Red, Blue and Green are a bit darker (less bright) than the LEGO colors.

Very pleased with them, very good alternative to the real stuff keeping the remarks above in mind.

Edited by Berthil
Additions

I've used the dark bluish gray tubing of Modulor.de in my new GBC, in the video it is visible they are more shiny but color looks okay although it's lighter than the LEGO LBG as mentioned above but in the movie mainly because of light and gloss.

Edited by Berthil

On 24/06/2017 at 1:05 PM, Berthil said:

I've used the dark bluish gray tubing of Modulor.de in my new GBC, in the video it is visible they are more shiny but color looks okay although it's lighter than the LEGO LBG as mentioned above but in the movie mainly because of light and gloss.

I wouldn't worry too much about the colors, it looks amazing!! :thumbup: Very reliable design and interesting to watch, great job again! :sweet:

Must be difficult with all those GBC modules around to come up with something new. I'm sure I couldn't create something like this...

Thanks for sharing!

Just uploaded a video on YouTube showing my builds of Akiyuki's Lego GBC "Zigzag Stairs". I decided to simultaneously show both his early version (yellow colored - around 2011) as well as the improved version he created later on (gray/white colored - not sure about the year). Instructions for version 1 were created by David Manley and I also used some of the improvement ideas posted in this thread some time ago. Instructions for version 2 were made by Courbet. The lifting mechanisms underneath follow the same basic principle, but still they're different in terms of building approach. Especially the movements of the v1 mechanism remind me of the old Titanic engines :grin:

Although both versions work fine, I do have to say that v2 is much more reliable (guess that's why Akiyuki designed a 2nd version of this module). Version 2 makes less noise, balls make their way easier towards the output, the mechanism underneath has proven to run more reliably, it simply looks better imho and it also matches better with the other Akiyuki modules (input/output...). Whenever I'm gonna set up another GBC layout, I would definitely go for v2 as I'm not sure how long v1 would last.

Thanks to everyone who contributed on this one!

On 6/12/2017 at 9:20 PM, 9v system said:

new akiyuki video @Courbet some new modules for you to do

Here is a longer video of the same GBC circuit.

Edited by djm
Minor correction.

2 hours ago, 9v system said:

@Courbet any new modules from you?

I just started working on something from the above video.

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:23 AM, 9v system said:

is it the Geneva drive one?

Sure the Geneva Drive is a great module, but without some additionnal pictures/video I can't see how to replicate it faithfully.

On the other side, one that is well documented is the Egg Process Machine by Y.Kuramata. I have made a replica of it today. The module is flimsier than Akiyuki's ones, but it works really well and is fun to watch.
The truth is, @RohanBeckett has also built a functionning replica of this module, and he is ahead of me since he already has a digital file of his work.

One way or another, a set of instructions will soon be made for this module.

12 hours ago, Courbet said:

Sure the Geneva Drive is a great module, but without some additionnal pictures/video I can't see how to replicate it faithfully.

On the other side, one that is well documented is the Egg Process Machine by Y.Kuramata. I have made a replica of it today. The module is flimsier than Akiyuki's ones, but it works really well and is fun to watch.
The truth is, @RohanBeckett has also built a functionning replica of this module, and he is ahead of me since he already has a digital file of his work.

One way or another, a set of instructions will soon be made for this module.

are you able to make it compatible with the other akiyuki modules?

1 hour ago, 9v system said:

are you able to make it compatible with the other akiyuki modules?

I won't have to change anything to the original design to make it compatible with the other modules, input and output are designed at the right height.

2 hours ago, Courbet said:

I won't have to change anything to the original design to make it compatible with the other modules, input and output are designed at the right height.

but are you going to add the black connector thing at the end so it is the same as the other akiyuki modules

50 minutes ago, 9v system said:

but are you going to add the black connector thing at the end so it is the same as the other akiyuki modules

No I won't. Besides, I think it would clash with the all-liftarm structure of this module (like Akiyuki's Pneumatic module).

It's not an Akiyuki module, so I don't see the need to copycat his ones...   as Courbet said.. it's GBC standard, with input/output height, and 1BPS

Finishing up the digital file right now... will post a thread on it tomorrow, with video, pics, and the digital file

@Courbet has generously offered to convert it to step-by-step instructions.

Also thanks to @alanburchill who assisted with the scoop section.. the last bit which had me stumped

Hello @ 9v system, would it be possible to have pictures of the basketball shooter v2 that you reproduced as well as the cup to cup version 2?

thank you very much in advance.

6 hours ago, yoyo08190 said:

Hello everyone, I started to make video module that I already reproduced thanks to the notice.

I invite you to have a look and to subscribe to my page, many other video will arrive soon.

Do not hesitate to leave a comment.

I tell you the link of my chain. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Jo3Jtl1jaMKuimtpsQNKA

Looking good. I have subscribed with my GBC account (MMM).

On ‎8‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, yoyo08190 said:

Hello @ 9v system, would it be possible to have pictures of the basketball shooter v2 that you reproduced as well as the cup to cup version 2?

thank you very much in advance.

here hope it helps:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I was looking at akiyuki gbcs and this came up. not sure what it is but it uses the files from here

Image result for lego gbc akiyuki marble run

That would be a Chinese website selling the instructions which we have collectively made and posted here for free.

David

1 hour ago, 9v system said:

I was looking at akiyuki gbcs and this came up. not sure what it is but it uses the files from here

<snip/>

I contacted the website's help desk and told them that the product was being sold illegally. They have said that they will end business with the supplier. We will have to see whether or not that actually happens. The text of the chat is shown below:

julie 18:42:50

kefu_arrow1.png
Welcome to yoycart, can I help you ?

Me  18:44:52

The product being advertised at https://www.yoycart.com/Product/528231261088/# on your website is illegally selling a product which they do not own the rights to. They are illegally selling information obtained from http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/117305-gbc-the-akiyuki-project/

julie 18:47:03

kefu_arrow1.png
ok , we will end business with this supplier

julie 18:47:11

kefu_arrow1.png
just this link, right?

Me  18:47:46

As far as I know, that is the only one I have seen so far. Thank you.

julie 18:49:56

kefu_arrow1.png
OK, i will remove this , thank you

Edited by djm
LiveChat script added.

Who is the actual copyright holder of these models?

Has anyone ever bothered to ask Akiyuki what he thinks about this?

9 hours ago, 9v system said:

Well spotted, I wonder how long it had been there.

8 hours ago, djm said:

I contacted the website's help desk and told them that the product was being sold illegally. They have said that they will end business with the supplier. We will have to see whether or not that actually happens.

I have just checked, and the link no longer works as the item has been taken down.

However, now that someone has found our forum, we may have to be vigilant on other well-known sites, ready to act if they pop up again... not nice, but unfortunately this seems to be the way of the modern internet.

12 hours ago, Maico said:

Who is the actual copyright holder of these models?

Has anyone ever bothered to ask Akiyuki what he thinks about this?

(I'm not a lawyer but ...) I'd imagine that the copyright holder of the models lies with Akiyuki and the copyright holder of these instructions lies with those who authored them. As the website which 9V fortunately spotted was selling the instructions, I believed that it was breaching the copyright of the later.

Akiyuki is aware of this project. Refer to http://akiyuki.jp/en/541#comments. I also think that someone previously mentioned in a thread somewhere (though I can't find it at the moment) that they had communicated with Akiyuki in respect of producing instructions of his models. He indicated he was okay with this being done on the condition that the instructions explicitly recognize/acknowledge that he was the originator/designer of the model.

Regards,

David

Edited by djm