2 hours ago, 9v system said:

@Blakbird @djmdo you have any trouble with the basket shooter module? with mine the blue shooter does not shoot far enough even with the power maxed out so I only have the red and yellow ones working

No, I didn't have any trouble once I figured out I was using the wrong springs.  However, I had too much power, not too little.

4 hours ago, Blakbird said:

No, I didn't have any trouble once I figured out I was using the wrong springs.  However, I had too much power, not too little.

Ok 

can you also add the fast ball sorter to the list as instruction have been done for that module.

6 hours ago, 9v system said:

@Blakbird @djmdo you have any trouble with the basket shooter module? with mine the blue shooter does not shoot far enough even with the power maxed out so I only have the red and yellow ones working

Sometimes I find the blue one struggles to shoot far enough yet other times it is okay. I think sometimes that if the whole shooting assembly isn't quite squeezed together well enough it can impact the range. Though as Blakbird says, I think the strength (or otherwise) of the spring is the most likely factor.

David

Thanks to Theo van Vroenhoven's feedback on Zig-Zag Stairs version 2, I have improved the motor attachment on this module. My first version was really a lazy job, the new one is much sturdier while using the same gears.

I updated my MPD and PDF files on Bricksafe:

http://bricksafe.com/files/Courbet/akiyuki-project/GBC_Zig-Zag_Stairs_v2_par_Akiyuki.mpd

http://bricksafe.com/files/Courbet/akiyuki-project/GBC_Zig-Zag_Stairs_v2_par_Akiyuki.pdf

@Courbet do you want to do some modules from akiyukis first video? some of those modules are very simple and can be made so they are compatible with the other akiyuki modules

BTW I was able to finish the step tower by superfin, it is a very interesting mechanism.

5 hours ago, 9v system said:

@Courbet do you want to do some modules from akiyukis first video? some of those modules are very simple and can be made so they are compatible with the other akiyuki modules

I don't intend to at this time, imho Akiyuki bettered most of what he presents in his first video in his subsequent modules.

5 hours ago, 9v system said:

BTW I was able to finish the step tower by superfin, it is a very interesting mechanism.

Great ! Make instructions for it, I think most of Finn's modules deserve it.

Very inspiring and thank you for all the work in analyzing the design work of Akiyuku into building instructions. I've build the most complex ones of Akiyuki myself to learn and came up with my own GBC creation in the spirit of Akiyuki (I hope).

Edited by Berthil

I.....LOVE....THIS.  

Please make instructions, or perhaps Courbet would like to.  Its both unique enough and visually stimulating to fit right in with the other akiyuki's.  

Excellent Berthil, definitely in the spirit of Akiyuki, I would be proud to build and exhibit this GBC.

We shall begin to see more Akiyuki inspired GBC's thanks to this forum, builders from around the globe, myself included have learnt so much about GBC's & Technic Engineering.

Congratulations on your superb original creation.

Edited by OneMoreRobot

23 hours ago, Berthil said:

Very inspiring and thank you for all the work in analyzing the design work of Akiyuku into building instructions. I've build the most complex ones of Akiyuki myself to learn and came up with my own GBC creation in the spirit of Akiyuki (I hope).

Excellent lovely build. Looks great with the waving colours to grab the viewer's attention.  :classic:

On 2/14/2017 at 1:09 PM, Berthil said:

That's a fantastic build and very worthy of comparison to Akiyuki.  In fact, it is good enough to have its own topic so people can see it rather than being buried 34 pages inside the Akiyuki thread.

12 minutes ago, Blakbird said:

That's a fantastic build and very worthy of comparison to Akiyuki.  In fact, it is good enough to have its own topic so people can see it rather than being buried 34 pages inside the Akiyuki thread.

Thanks, I will do so :)

Hello!

I am a new Member, so please let me shortly introduce myself:

I am a 35 year old male from germany. I am married and in summer, my son will be born.

During my Childhood, I played nearly exclusively with LEGO Technic, up to the time, when party and girls became more important :D

After a long "dark age" period, my love for Technic bricks was re-inflamed when I bought 42009 spontaneously. Up to now, I own a quite nice collection with a lot of studdles and some classic Sets.

And then, I found this Thread.

Holy moly i love it. Count me among the people which were bitten by the "GBC bug". I really want to build those masterpieces of engineering!

I am really in love with the bucket factory. But is it meaningful to start with such a complex module? Or should I first try to build a more simple module like "cup to cup"?

But first of all I need to find out, were to order the thousand of bricks I need (I dont want to disassemble my other technic sets).

Are there any other germans here, who can give me a god hint where to order?

Edited by Frequenzberater

No German, but a someone from Switzerland :-)

I order my parts from Bricklink, Lego (Pick a Brick and Bricks and Pieces) and sometmes from eBay.

If you need more information about ordering bricks then just create a new topic and we can discuss it there. We shouldn't float this topic with buying stuff ;-)

Cheers,

Thomas

9 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

I am really in love with the bucket factory. But is it meaningful to start with such a complex module? Or should I first try to build a more simple module like "cup to cup"?

My suggestion would be to definitely begin with a simpler module. For example, Catch and Release is among the lower part count and the mechanism is straight forward. I've built the bucket factory and it can be a challenge to get it running smoothly for long periods of time (e.g. such as at a public display). If you elect to build Cup to Cup, be aware that buried somewhere in this thread (here we go) is an amendment to the "loading" mechanism which improves the reliability of getting the balls onto the first cup.

Regards,

David

Edited by djm
Link added to amendment post

I was going to sell a couple of modules including Cup to Cup.  Send me an offline note if you are interested.

5 hours ago, Blakbird said:

I was going to sell a couple of modules including Cup to Cup.  Send me an offline note if you are interested.

what ones are you selling?

13 hours ago, djm said:

My suggestion would be to definitely begin with a simpler module. For example, Catch and Release is among the lower part count and the mechanism is straight forward.

I'd second that.. I still haven't finished my ball factory - the timing is quite tricky to get right... and to be honest, I have a lot of fun building smaller, or slightly less complex modules.

I reversed engineered, and built Catch and Release before Blakbird covered it, in his extensive builds of Akiyuki's.. and although I've slightly modified it.. it's still a very reliable module, and a fun challenge to see if you can built it, just from the original video.. it's not very parts-intensive either.. so there's a fair chance you can build it with parts you already have.

Just pull apart all your technic sets - the parts WANT to be used :)  and they'll just gather dust on your shelves! 

zigzag stairs, a possible solution.

after playing around with zigzag stairs I found I you use the 4 crank method and have a shaft at the back making the two sets of cranks turn at the same time, each set of steps can be on its own crank slider allowing for better reliability.

@djm interested in this solution? it works great with mine

On 2/18/2017 at 4:50 PM, 9v system said:

zigzag stairs, a possible solution.

after playing around with zigzag stairs I found I you use the 4 crank method and have a shaft at the back making the two sets of cranks turn at the same time, each set of steps can be on its own crank slider allowing for better reliability.

@djm interested in this solution? it works great with mine

Would you care to post an image to assist in understanding your suggestion?

1 hour ago, djm said:

Would you care to post an image to assist in understanding your suggestion?

Here's a video of it working.