Any more instructions coming out? Still waiting for more

Here are still some in the queue, but I am working on reviews at the moment.

here some progress on the v2 of the basket shooter it works well, who wants me to make instructions for it?

here some progress on the v2 of the basket shooter it works well, who wants me to make instructions for it?

It is a bit too hard to see from the video what the the differences between this and version 1 are. For example; does it

• not use a baseplate
  • have the pivoting control panel, including the shock absorber
  • have the modified entry feeder

Those are features of Akiyuki's Basket Shooter version 2 so it would be nice if you had incorporated them (and any others you may have identified from videos/images).

Regards,

David

ZigZag Stairs reliability question.

Alan and Theo (and anyone else who might have built it). I'd be interested in finding out how you have found the reliability of the ZigZag Stairs module. While I think the reverse engineering resulted in a module which is sufficiently close to the original, I find that I can only get a couple of minutes of "good" running with it. After perhaps 5 minutes (or less), I find the centre axle ends up working loose and then the whole thing jams.

Have either of you run the module for any extended period of time? If so, did you make any further tweaks to the design to improve its reliability? I currently have the ZigZag Stairs down as a GBC module in an our LUG's impending annual show but I'm close to scratching it unless I can improve its robustness.

Regards,

David

After perhaps 5 minutes (or less), I find the centre axle ends up working loose and then the whole thing jams.

Exactly the same thing here!

At the moment my ZigZag Stairs lies (partially dismantled) in a plastic container waiting for a better solution :wink:

It is a bit too hard to see from the video what the the differences between this and version 1 are. For example; does it

• not use a baseplate
  • have the pivoting control panel, including the shock absorber
  • have the modified entry feeder

Those are features of Akiyuki's Basket Shooter version 2 so it would be nice if you had incorporated them (and any others you may have identified from videos/images).

Regards,

David

this is the V2 of the basket shooter sorry if it is to hard to see what is going on, you should be able to see the input and output, there is no baseplate and the model is longer than before, the control panel is the last thing I have to fix

hello all, I found the forum very active over this last day?

blakbird on what you working now? hope to see new instruction.

hello all, I found the forum very active over this last day?

blakbird on what you working now? hope to see new instruction.

I have been working on the bucket wheel excavator review for the last several weeks. Now that that is published, I am working on updating Technicopedia with the 2016 models. After that, I will be able to get back to Akiyuki again.

HELP needed

my basket shooter is not working 100% right, the blue shooter doesnt go back far enough and the balls just backfire everywhere

can anyone help me with this?

building the cup to cup at the moment, going to do the very long ramp that is in the latest version who wants to make instructions for the very long ramp?

Why does my dog hate my spiral lift?

Watch out for DBG technic parts with brown stains .... for sale on eBay. If you can't pass up the deal, they must sanitized!

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum and I'd like to start by thanking Blakbird for all these quality instructions and all those who contributed.

It's a dream come true to be able to build those amazing piece of engineering.

However I wanted to point out a mistake in the design of the crane loader for the train module.

In step 4 on page 183 of the instructions it should be 2x 7L liftarms (rather than 9L), as can be seen on Akiyuki's video.

9L liftarm is too long and thus put a lot of stress on the structure.

I had power problems with this module but was able to run it with a single M motor after this change.

In step 4 on page 183 of the instructions it should be 2x 7L liftarms (rather than 9L), as can be seen on Akiyuki's video.

9L liftarm is too long and thus put a lot of stress on the structure.

I had power problems with this module but was able to run it with a single M motor after this change.

You are right and I got this part wrong on my interpretation of Akiyuki's Crane Loader.

It's great if that very easy modification significantly improves the running of the crane, Blackbird shouldn't have much trouble to update the instructions.

Instructions for Akiyuki's Archimedes Screw Module (Type 1) are now tested and complete and are available here along with a Brickstore parts list.

• 71 pages
  • 995 parts
640x360.jpg

Most of the credit for reverse engineering this module goes to Courbet who did the work making an LDraw file with instruction steps. I had the easy job of formatting the instructions.  I have not built this module, but it is mechanically pretty simple to there is no timing to set up.

thanks Blackbird and Courbet for the building instructions!

Job well done once again

note: since the forum migration, all the presentation links from the first page of this topic are broken... Looking at the new urls, I have my doubt it will be fixed without a manual change of all the links  :-(

5 hours ago, turbopolofr said:

thanks Blackbird and Courbet for the building instructions!

Job well done once again

note: since the forum migration, all the presentation links from the first page of this topic are broken... Looking at the new urls, I have my doubt it will be fixed without a manual change of all the links  :-(

I was just about to say the same thing

I spent several hours today fixing up this topic due to issues caused by the migration, but I guess I missed some.  More work tomorrow.

I'm in the process on building the Fork to Fork module for the GBC display at this year's Auckland Brick Show. I've encountered what appear to be two minor issues with the current build instructions, so thought to post about them here.

1. On page 21, step 20. There is an extra 1x10 plate in the part list which is not used in the step. Perhaps it is due to the same plate being placed in the same spot twiice?
  2. On page 37, step 29. The rear 3L Technic pin needs to be a 2L Technic pin so that it does not protrude into the "internals" of the framework. As a 3L Technic pin, it ends up occupying the same physical space as the black gear from page 115, step 31.

Regards,

David

As per my immediately previous post, I've been getting some GBC modules ready for my LUG's Brick Show. One of the modules I pulled out of storage was Akiyuki's Cup to Cup. One of the challenges I found when running this module is getting the ball to reliably load from the spiral lift into the first cup. The build instructions I wrote reflected the original design of Akiyuki's i.e. using a Technic #4 angled connector. Sometimes the balls load adequately into the first cup but at other times the load fails and the ball drops back to the bottom. I found the less level the table, the less reliable the loading mechanism was.

I recalled from when I first wrote the build instructions, there were actually two different designs for the loading mechanism. I had chosen the one from the original design as it was much easier to see how it was built in the images which were available. The images available for the second loading mechanism were too unclear for me to be able to discern how it was built.

Fast-forward to now. In readying the Cup to Cup for the show, I became a bit frustrated at the unreliability of the loading mechanism. So I resolved to revisit the images of the second loading mechanism and see if I could work out how it might be assembled. Suffice to say, I'm making this post to identify that I have managed to come up with something akin to said second mechanism. I have tested the assembly and I am now getting 100% successful loading of the balls into the first cup.

The solution requires some fairly minor changes to the rear wall of the elevator, after which it will look something like this:

rear_elevator_wall.png

I have produced an LDraw and a PDF file which contain just the rear elevator wall element of the module, should you wish to incorporate this loading mechanism into your build. The parts which are different in the second loading mechanism are coloured red in the LDraw and PDF files, to highlight the changes. Obviously the expectation is that they would be built in Dark Bluish Grey and Black, as appropriate. It should be noted that Blakbird improved the slopes used in v2 of the build (see page 14). The LDraw and PDF files are still using the original slope from v1.

Regards,

David

Edited by djm

On 9/20/2016 at 1:49 AM, Floyd said:

However I wanted to point out a mistake in the design of the crane loader for the train module.

In step 4 on page 183 of the instructions it should be 2x 7L liftarms (rather than 9L), as can be seen on Akiyuki's video.  9L liftarm is too long and thus put a lot of stress on the structure.

You are absolutely right, this was an error. 

On 9/28/2016 at 6:14 PM, djm said:

I'm in the process on building the Fork to Fork module for the GBC display at this year's Auckland Brick Show. I've encountered what appear to be two minor issues with the current build instructions, so thought to post about them here.

1. On page 21, step 20. There is an extra 1x10 plate in the part list which is not used in the step. Perhaps it is due to the same plate being placed in the same spot twiice?
  2. On page 37, step 29. The rear 3L Technic pin needs to be a 2L Technic pin so that it does not protrude into the "internals" of the framework. As a 3L Technic pin, it ends up occupying the same physical space as the black gear from page 115, step 31.

You are right on both counts.

I have made the changes to the instructions and the parts lists of both models and will upload them later tonight.

Yesterday I finished  Archimedes Screw - Type 1 and I must say that it works flawlessly!
It was a real pleasure to build it and it looks really nice as well.
I choose to build the screw entirely in Trans Light-Blue, a Dutch BL store had 60 of the required panels in stock for only 12 cents a piece.

A short video can be found in my DropBox:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28179105/Bestand 15-10-16 15 11 37.mp4

I really like this Akiyuki Project! I built 12 of the 27 modules already and am planning on a few more!
Thanks again to Blakbird and all the other contributors to make this possible for us humble builders! :wink:

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:33 AM, Theo van Vroenhoven said:

Yesterday I finished  Archimedes Screw - Type 1 and I must say that it works flawlessly!
It was a real pleasure to build it and it looks really nice as well.
I choose to build the screw entirely in Trans Light-Blue, a Dutch BL store had 60 of the required panels in stock for only 12 cents a piece.

A short video can be found in my DropBox:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28179105/Bestand 15-10-16 15 11 37.mp4

I really like this Akiyuki Project! I built 12 of the 27 modules already and am planning on a few more!
Thanks again to Blakbird and all the other contributors to make this possible for us humble builders! :wink:

can you show me the other modules you have built? can you post your video on youtube?

thanks