hello, blackbird will publish your changes on the crane train, pdf?

someone will you reproduce it archimed screw v1 and v2?

in 2015 Akiyuki video japan brickfest has 2min 30, we see a new module, which is starting to reproduce it? I find it great.

a big thank you to all who participated in this project.

hello, blackbird will publish your changes on the crane train, pdf?

I was not planning to. I am hoping that not everyone has the power problems that I had so it will not be necessary.

someone will you reproduce it archimed screw v1 and v2?

in 2015 Akiyuki video japan brickfest has 2min 30, we see a new module, which is starting to reproduce it? I find it great.

For modules which have different versions that have changed over time, I was only planning to do the most current version. I consider the model you referenced another version of the step module. However, this project is not just about me. If others have interest in those modules and wish to send me LDraw files, I would be happy to make instructions.

blackbird thank you

courbet you are starting to reproduce?

when I see a speed or you have played the other I said that you will seem simple.

but I link or shown in more detail the creation of Akiyuki missing

but I link or shown in more detail the creation of Akiyuki missing

Was anyone aware of this footage?

I've certainly never seen it before... and only 65 views on youtube.. not many others!

looks like someone digitally created (although no idea how accurately) quite a few Akiyuki modules almost 3 years ago!

I've certainly never seen it before... and only 65 views on youtube.. not many others!

looks like someone digitally created (although no idea how accurately) quite a few Akiyuki modules almost 3 years ago!

I do remember seeing this but I couldn't find it again when I tried to look for it

I stumble upon, I had set favorites to be on the back.

because like you I have never seen since.

I think what gives a lot of information about the modules that still was not reproduced in pdf.

and then it's a French school that makes it;)

glad to see you like this video, he could serve in the posting.

does anyone notice superbird28?he is also a talent engineer that has taken inspiration to akiyuki .

I did not know the video either. It would not have been that helpful for the Elevator as the gearing and rods are not detailed. It might give a starting point for the Zig-zag stairs though.

@yoyo08190, I'm building Fork to Fork module right now, I may have a try to reproduce the step module you speak about afterwards since they share the same input.

After a whole bunch of work doing photography and texture mapping on the planets, I was able to come up with this! Sure looks a lot better than plain hemispheres.

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

After a whole bunch of work doing photography and texture mapping on the planets, I was able to come up with this! Sure looks a lot better than plain hemispheres.

Great work!!!

Great work indeed - Thanks.

Looking forward to building this one.

Instructions for the tall version of Akiyuki's Spiral Lift Module are now tested and complete

This module is tricky to configure. The tracks need to be carefully adjusted up and down until they are well supported by the rollers or balls will fall through.

Further to Blakbirds words of caution about configuring the Tall Spiral.

I completed this module over the weekend - it looks and runs very well indeed and is an excellent companion to the standard version.

As important as it is to take care when setting the tracks it is also important to align the drive sprockets on the shaft.

Since on this module the tracks are acting like two Plastic Modular Belts (PMB) running on common drive shafts - sprocket alignment may cause problems if not set-up correctly.

Since the sprockets are 10 tooth - these are considered an odd number in PMB speak - the drive shafts (Axles) are square with four drive sides therefore 10 divided by 4 is uneven (2.5).

This means the sprocket teeth need to be aligned correctly - you will notice when adding more than one sprocket per shaft the teeth may or may not align - keep moving the sprocket one notch on the axle until they are aligned.

Unaligned sprockets cause the belt to run rough and sometimes jump on the sprockets.

OMR

26605622563_2b8d0b7baa_z.jpgIMG_1647 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

Edited by OneMoreRobot

Hi guys,

I'm looking to build the catch and release, but this diagram below is somewhat confusing to me,

In particular the 2x4 plate is attached on top of the 12x4 plates, but somehow, in diagram 3 the slope pieces are also attached on top of the black plates?

40Gm1EV.png

Edited by yhjohn

Hi guys,

I'm looking to build the catch and release, but this diagram below is somewhat confusing to me,

In particular the 2x4 plate is attached on top of the 12x4 plates, but somehow, in diagram 3 the slope pieces are also attached on top of the black plates?

The blue slopes have recesses on the underside that the 2x4's fit into

It looks great, very nice work on the planets Blackbird!

Those you have chosen look familiar to me!

The blue slopes have recesses on the underside that the 2x4's fit into

Ah ok thanks. I don't have the blue panels yet neither have I own one before. Thanks for that!

Hello everyone,

I have reproduced one of Akiyuki's "lost module": Step v3 or, as I call it, Lime Step (not applicable to the one I filmed though) :

I believe it morphed into Fork to Fork and that's the reason it never has a proper video.

I borrowed the "ferris wheel" from the Fork to Fork but not the gearing : they are different and this module is faster.

This module is very reliable but the output, being light and fragile, is very "un-akiyuki".

A MPD file will follow soon, in a day or two.

I have reproduced one of Akiyuki's "lost module": Step v3 or, as I call it, Lime Step (not applicable to the one I filmed though) :

I believe it morphed into Fork to Fork and that's the reason it never has a proper video.

Nice work! To me, this one seems like an earlier version of the step module rather than fork to fork, but there are similarities to both.

Nice work! To me, this one seems like an earlier version of the step module rather than fork to fork, but there are similarities to both.

Thanks!

Earlier or later? To me this module seems post Step-v2, an attempt to make a step module as light as possible, with a result reliable enough to make Brickfest but not sufficiently groundbreaking to get its own video.

Hard to say. I do not think it is an improvement over the Step Module V2 because it loses the excellent 4 phase output ramp. Maybe he just didn't think it was innovative enough for its own video?

Hard to say. I do not think it is an improvement over the Step Module V2 because it loses the excellent 4 phase output ramp. Maybe he just didn't think it was innovative enough for its own video?

are you going to add this one to the list?

Since the first time I saw a GBC model I felt in love for the idea.

Always wanted to build some of Akiyuki's models. Thanks to you guys, now it's possible. I really appreciate all the work you are putting into this!

Since it's hard to get pieces in Brazil (and also expensive to import through Bricklink), I decided to build 4 models at the same time, so I can save in shipping. I'm doing many small orders from local sellers here in Brazil and when I can't get more from them, I'll order from another countries.

Luckly I've been managing to get most of the pieces here. So this is my status now:

IAckSdv.png

My idea is to finish those models by this year and start to go for bigger ones!

Thanks again for organizing and sharing all this!

I've been compiling 2 BrickStock parts lists. I plan to post them once we have a complete set of instructions. Still waiting on modules 1, 3 and 23. These lists include both variations of the spiral lift so in the ultimate list, you will be able to build both.

The Complete Akiyuki GBC Collection.

This list contains all the parts needed to build any one Akiyuki Machine at a time according to the PDF instructions posted here. This one currently weighs in at 13,993 pieces.

The Ultimate Akiyuki GBC Collection.

This list contains all the parts needed to build ALL the Akiyuki machines listed in this post until now. This one weighs in at 35,624 pieces.

Once we have models 1, 3 and 23 up here I will release the list with the version number reflecting what the last model number on that list is. For example once we have the last 3 models complete both parts lists at version 23 will be uploaded. I'm also working to streamline the list a little. There are instances of 8x16 tile with tubes on the bottom and 8x16 tiles with tubes only on the bottom sides. I've merged those so that only 1 type of part needs to be ordered. If anyone can think of reasons why one must be used over the other, then let me know and I will revert that change.

Edited by TheRebricker

The Complete Akiyuki GBC Collection.

This list contains all the parts needed to build any one Akiyuki Machine at a time according to the PDF instructions posted here. This one currently weighs in at 13,993 pieces.

That's the path I have chosen, and it's the reason why you don't see more than 2 modules at the same time in my videos.

Are you willing to add one more to the list?

Here is a MPD file for the Lime Step module only seen at Japan Brickfest 2015.

No big improvisation was necessary this time, except the use of 1x2 Technic bricks with axlehole fixed on every rod. Without it, the module was less reliable, dropping 1 ball every 20 or so. Did Akiyuki used the same building method? I don't know.

Also, in my video you can see balls getting stuck on U-turns sometimes, I have since made correction to the output slide and it does not happen anymore.