the motor connection is a total unknown. I'm not aware of any images of the left hand side of the original module. I built this module with no gears and the motor connected directly to one of the axles. I powered it with a LEGO rechargeable battery box and on a low speed setting. You should be able to achieve something similar if using the train controller. Don't run the motor too fast as the balls jump all over the place.

As a GBC display coordinator I hate it when people do this - it means I can't run another module off the same controller, unless that module also has low power requirements. If you're just building for yourself then you can of course do whatever you want, but if you're intending to partake in a display, please give some thought to adding some gears so that you can run from a fully-powered motor.

Owen.

How did you dog manage to do that?! Do you have a Great Dane or something of that size?

He is a large dog, but not that big. I have no idea what kind of contortions were required for this particular deposition. He worked hard at it.

I think your dog added their MegaBlocks extension to the module! :cry_sad:

The output ramp is much less effective after his modifications.

That is why, if you buy old sets from eBay, the first thing you need to do is sanitize/disinfect/wash thoroughly .... :)

This certainly occurred to me. No more holding parts in my mouth. This module will get hosed down, disassembled, and run through the dishwasher.

Hello everyone,

Here is a MPD file of Akiyuki's Archimedes Screw Type 1 as seen in his videos of Brickfest 2015 and 2016.

The current version is quite different from the module which is seen in one of his first standalone video, being less crude and much more spacious now. Although the frame has been completely redesigned, I like the fact that Akiyuki kept the DBG + yellow color pattern that he used on the prototype as a kind of testimony. Be warned, this module is designed around the old ridgeless 4x3 Panel for which 57 are necessary.

This time (being asked to) I've also generated a draft PDF instructions file which you'll find on Bricksafe (search for Akiyuki Project). While I was at it, I've also done draft PDF for Pinball and Wheel & Steps, not up to Blackbird's high standard though.

GBC_AST1.zip

Edited by Courbet

Here is a MPD file of Akiyuki's Archimedes Screw Type 1 as seen in his videos of Brickfest 2015 and 2016.

Thanks Courbet! Have you actually built this module in real bricks to try it out? Just hoping it can get tested before final instructions are released.

Thanks Courbet! Have you actually built this module in real bricks to try it out? Just hoping it can get tested before final instructions are released.

It works quite well :

It works quite well :

Glad to hear (and see) it. I have updated the first post.

Glad to hear (and see) it. I have updated the first post.

Great! I will do v2 of the module then

I have ordered the skate parts, I will also try to build the Type 2 according to Akiyuki's 2016 video.

hello all, I built the cyclodial drive module, there are already some time by cons I still have the same concern does not stop the wheel from locking.

he someone you already played? have you had the same problem? thank you in advance

öhm BWE this topic is not about akiyuki's projects in general ;) Just hist GBCs will be addressed here. And Blakbird is not reverse engineering everything alone. He has help.

Great, now if you don't mind you can reverse engineer this blackbird :tongue:

http://akiyuki.jp/en/works/441

A bit off topic, but I believe reverse-engineering Akiyuki's 6 Axis Robot Arm is probably not that hard, and a lot easier than the Ball Cleaner or the Container Transporter (how I wish I could build that one) for example. When you examine it, you realize the motors are actually very close to the turntables they activate - no convoluted gearing here. And thanks to the very nice video (as always), you see the arm from every possible angle. Pictures have good definition too. Programming the Robot is probably another story, but i would say if you own 2 EV3 there is no good reason not to try. Me ? I own none.

A bit off topic, but I believe reverse-engineering Akiyuki's 6 Axis Robot Arm is probably not that hard, and a lot easier than the Ball Cleaner or the Container Transporter (how I wish I could build that one) for example. When you examine it, you realize the motors are actually very close to the turntables they activate - no convoluted gearing here. And thanks to the very nice video (as always), you see the arm from every possible angle. Pictures have good definition too. Programming the Robot is probably another story, but i would say if you own 2 EV3 there is no good reason not to try. Me ? I own none.

Mechanically it would probably not be that hard to reverse engineer and build, but all the magic is in the programming. This thing doesn't just drive each motor individually, it can do complex things like move the output in a straight line which requires driving all the motors at continuously varying rates. It is quite impressive. However, as has been noted this topic is only about the HGBC modules. If I was doing Akiyuk's other creations, I think I would do the harmonic drive which is just incredible.

If I was doing Akiyuk's other creations, I think I would do the harmonic drive which is just incredible.

The build looks quite simple, and the modelization looks like a nightmare!

Mechanically it would probably not be that hard to reverse engineer and build, but all the magic is in the programming. This thing doesn't just drive each motor individually, it can do complex things like move the output in a straight line which requires driving all the motors at continuously varying rates. It is quite impressive.

And for the fun. The most challenging part of the problem is precission. The math behind are ramp functions, Trigonometric calculation and multiplication of transform matrizes in honogenoues coordinate frames. Which is easy makeable in modern programmibg languages.

Mechanically it would probably not be that hard to reverse engineer and build, but all the magic is in the programming. This thing doesn't just drive each motor individually, it can do complex things like move the output in a straight line which requires driving all the motors at continuously varying rates. It is quite impressive. However, as has been noted this topic is only about the HGBC modules. If I was doing Akiyuk's other creations, I think I would do the harmonic drive which is just incredible.

Here is a good start for the mathematics involved. http://robotics.stackexchange.com/questions/344/with-a-6-axis-robot-given-end-effector-position-and-range-of-orientations-how

If I was doing Akiyuk's other creations, I think I would do the harmonic drive which is just incredible.

I never thought that would be possible in LEGO. It's hypnotising... :sweet:

@blackbird can you send me the ldraw files for, Cup to cup, invisible lift, spiral staircase, marble run and bucket wheel tower so i can do some updates to them

thanks

9v system

I have initial plans on the Beam sorter, and I think I have most of the parts now. Perhaps I can make that my next project since it seems the GBC projects are being well supported now.

I have built the Beam Sorter, but I guess this is not the thread for it. Works pretty reliably and despite it being "Slow" it allows me to sort other Lego while it sorts beams. Now I need to build the Axle sorter. I think someone was working on it, but I don't recall who. I am reworking my LDD file of the Beam Sorter, I will then test build it and shoot videos. I'll pass the LDD onto BlackBird who will work his magic on it and we could have a useful machine for the avid Technic collectors!

Refined ZigZag Stairs (version 1)

zigzag%20stairs%20v1.png

I had a chance to run the ZigZag Stairs (version 1) for a period of time over the weekend. I refined the draft build as a result. The most significant changes were;

• to amend the connections between the axles. As originally drafted, the axles tended to pop out of the 2L 0.5 liftarms
  • reposition the longitudinal centre axle offset by 180 degrees. If provides for better clearance for the left hand longitudinal axle
  • rework the motor positioning. It is now parallel with the module as opposed to perpendicular to it. After further studying Akikuyi's video, the motor orientation now aligns to that in the original. Per Owen's suggestion, moreover this provided the opportunity to decrease the rotational speed using gears.

The build instructions and Ldraw file are available for download.

Regards,

David

Edit: Stairs, not Lift.

Edited by djm

I had a chance to run the ZigZag lift (version 1) for a period of time over the weekend. I refined the draft build as a result. The most significant changes were;

Did you mean zig-zag stairs? That's a different module than zig-zag lift.

Did you mean zig-zag stairs? That's a different module than zig-zag lift.

Yes, sorry. I'm an idiot. Corrected the updated post.

David