1 hour ago, tismabrick said:

Interesting findings. How do you actually know that the motor housing is 2 bricks and 1 plate high? From the image you provided I would not be able to tell how high it is.

In that last image, you can see the two 1 x 4 Bricks. Then above those two, there is a single plate. e.g. you can see the line between the bricks.

I also use the vertical Technic liftarm as a guide. e.g. where the bricks line up with the holes. This isn't perfect, as you are not looking at the module directly on, but it can help.

Can someone help me troubleshoot Akiyuki Spiral Lift?  Every time I try to rotate the column a little bit the spiral black gears attached to the bottom axle force the liftarm-5s out of their sockets.  How are these supposed to rotate freely without gradually pushing the liftarms off?

5 hours ago, ixodie said:

Can someone help me troubleshoot Akiyuki Spiral Lift?  Every time I try to rotate the column a little bit the spiral black gears attached to the bottom axle force the liftarm-5s out of their sockets.  How are these supposed to rotate freely without gradually pushing the liftarms off?

you need to make sure that there is an even amount of slack on each side, you should be able to advance one side a couple of turns ether direction, so you should be able to get it set so the lift arms dont come off by the worm gears

Video of it in action. Nothing exciting to see though.

Still bugs me that you can see a slight pause every now and then. Still not worked out what causes it.

So the adjustment of the motor base didn‘t help. To bad. I had to loosen the motor drivetrain a bit to make it run smoother. Therefore I hoped that the adjustment will solve that issue.

Edited by tismabrick

It helped a little bit.

The key issue is that there are an odd number of forks and they are operating uphill. Thus when you get the set of 4 moving 4 balls uphill, that is the highest point of stress, movement wise. Of you hold the fork run flat, it moves a lot easier.

@Ankoku i think i have found a new module i have not seen before

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

the module in the red circle , looks like some sort of spiral lift module

@9v system Yeah, it is a straight up spiral lift with transparent blue cylinder in the middle and clear transparent liftarms. That said, there doesn't seem to be much after it. Maybe it is just one of the modules he uses to help testing?

It is a shame the video is in such potato quality. Sure, it is from 2013, but that is no excuse for 360p.

I get the feeling that it is just the front part of the Stepper Module v2 without the other 2 parts connected. e.g. just the spiral lift and the yellow and grey off-ramp.

If I was going to do a video of a circuit, I would probably miss that one out, as it really requires and overflow system, which it doesn't have at the moment.

34 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

@9v system Yeah, it is a straight up spiral lift with transparent blue cylinder in the middle and clear transparent liftarms. That said, there doesn't seem to be much after it. Maybe it is just one of the modules he uses to help testing?

It is a shame the video is in such potato quality. Sure, it is from 2013, but that is no excuse for 360p.

I get the feeling that it is just the front part of the Stepper Module v2 without the other 2 parts connected. e.g. just the spiral lift and the yellow and grey off-ramp.

If I was going to do a video of a circuit, I would probably miss that one out, as it really requires and overflow system, which it doesn't have at the moment.

yea i was thinking that as well, it has the black thing on the end for the connection to the next module as well

Spiral Lift v2 tuning question....

The balls are spilling from the red hose right in the middle of the system, mostly when there are multiple balls on that side at once.  The weight of the balls pulls on the tubing and they slip past the tube, about 2/3 of the way along the long part of the mechanism.

Any ideas for how to improve on this?  Do I need to cut down the tube one notch so it is more taught?  Any other suggestions?

GBC Tilt Shift question...

In step 86, what is the double ended ball joint connector actually connected to?  I cannot make it reach the preinstalled ball connector.  In the image it doesn't show what it connects to.

Does anyone have a Studs file for this?

9 hours ago, ixodie said:

Spiral Lift v2 tuning question....

The balls are spilling from the red hose right in the middle of the system, mostly when there are multiple balls on that side at once.  The weight of the balls pulls on the tubing and they slip past the tube, about 2/3 of the way along the long part of the mechanism.

Any ideas for how to improve on this?  Do I need to cut down the tube one notch so it is more taught?  Any other suggestions?

i will answer for both of these questions as i did some of the work for the spiral lift and the instructions for the tilt shift

for the spiral lift, i would suggest inserting 7l axles into the tubes this gives them strength

for the tilt shift i need to update the instructions but that black ball joint connects to the underside of the panels

4 hours ago, 9v system said:

i will answer for both of these questions as i did some of the work for the spiral lift and the instructions for the tilt shift

for the spiral lift, i would suggest inserting 7l axles into the tubes this gives them strength

for the tilt shift i need to update the instructions but that black ball joint connects to the underside of the panels

Thanks!  The 7l axles is a good solution, I will try it later today.

For the tilt shift, I can't seem to figure out which holes on the underside it should connect to.  Everything I have tried causes the other ball joint to pull the 2l thin piece off the rotating mechanism.

Thanks for your help, eager to get this one done!

On 1/5/2021 at 1:52 PM, ixodie said:

Thanks!  The 7l axles is a good solution, I will try it later today.

For the tilt shift, I can't seem to figure out which holes on the underside it should connect to.  Everything I have tried causes the other ball joint to pull the 2l thin piece off the rotating mechanism.

Thanks for your help, eager to get this one done!

@ixodie - You can find the stud.io file here on 9v system's bricksafe page: https://bricksafe.com/pages/gbcbuilder/akiyuki/dunes-tilt-shift-gbc

@9v system - Thanks a lot for the stud.io file and uploading it - I found it very useful in seeing the other sides of the module and where some parts go.

When I ran this module, I found one of the 1x2 thin liftarms was pulled off easily. I would suggest using different parts on step 26 - a technic pin with tow ball (part 6628) and a 1x2 thick liftarm with pin hole and axle hole (part 60483). It does the same job

Edited by Ankoku
Added user tags and made URL clickable.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, slopemodified said:

When I ran this module, I found one of the 1x2 thin liftarms was pulled off easily. I would suggest using different parts on step 26 - a technic pin with tow ball (part 6628) and a 1x2 thick liftarm with pin hole and axle hole (part 60483). It does the same job

For the life of me I cannot get this thing to tilt properly.  I replaced the 1x2 with 60483 as you suggested, which is much more reliable.

I have the tow ball positioned as in the photo, but the tilt does not complete properly.  I studied the .io file and it looks like it is in the right place.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

288451128_ScreenShot2021-01-07at3_54_19PM.jpg.b9f6315c540f30844aa709f060360c04.jpg

8 hours ago, ixodie said:

For the life of me I cannot get this thing to tilt properly.  I replaced the 1x2 with 60483 as you suggested, which is much more reliable.

I have the tow ball positioned as in the photo, but the tilt does not complete properly.  I studied the .io file and it looks like it is in the right place.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

288451128_ScreenShot2021-01-07at3_54_19PM.jpg.b9f6315c540f30844aa709f060360c04.jpg

i think it needs to be moved up to the next white pannel

Yes and one hole to the right as well.  The instructions are unclear.

Finally got some nice movement out of this one.  I imagine if you had recirculation and a lot balls this could be very interesting.

@Ankoku i have just started to build the spiral staircase module, and im thinking of building the fork to fork after it, will you be pblishing an updated instruction for this one as well as step V2?

@9v system Yeah, I wonder if the strength of the motor makes it smoother.

I always wonder if doing an even number of forks would actually be way better and more even. Again, what is going on in that video is an odd number of forks.

On 1/7/2021 at 6:53 AM, slopemodified said:

@ixodie - You can find the stud.io file here on 9v system's bricksafe page: https://bricksafe.com/pages/gbcbuilder/akiyuki/dunes-tilt-shift-gbc

@9v system - Thanks a lot for the stud.io file and uploading it - I found it very useful in seeing the other sides of the module and where some parts go.

thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed it

Lift triggered by a stuck ball v1.2

Based on instructions by @9v system

Main mods: 1 stud shorter in width, new beams arrangement for the floor, floor 2 plates higher on input side

Looks good, can you post a closer image or video of the red input stepper unit, might be useful for a Train GBC.

Edited by Doug72

1 hour ago, Doug72 said:

Looks good, can you post a closer image or video of the red input stepper unit, might be useful for a Train GBC.

posted in 

@dunes I noticed your video dump. Thanks for the mention. Good work!

One day, not any time soon, I want to completely redo the stuck ball modules and have those 4 channels fed by 3 flip-flop gates, spreading the balls equally and on a steep enough incline to make sure balls don't get stuck. It will take away from the simplicity of the module, but the way it currently works bugs me.