Blakbird

[GBC] The Akiyuki Project (2010 - 2020)

Recommended Posts

Just now, Doug72 said:

Ver 2 train car can be slowed down using z20 thin tan gears  and a M motor as shown in BBC train thread

I have used this in my through rotary upper module.

ah ok, i dont think a saw that mod. i hope i can fix up the v1 train and get it working well

@Ankoku have you seen the mechanical container transporter @Berthil is working on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 9v system said:

ah ok, i dont think a saw that mod. i hope i can fix up the v1 train and get it working well

 

See page 35 GBC Train thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, 9v system said:

thanks will defiantly have a look

Here's an image of the Ver 2 slow version, originally made by tOmster. and slight mod by me using a 20T DBGgear.
The thin 20T tan gears can bump slightly over point / track switches.

50157695368_db86e738fb_c.jpgIMG_7785

Edited by Doug72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

Here's an image of the Ver 2 slow version, originally made by tOmster. and slight mod by me using a 20T DBGgear.
The thin 20T tan gears can bump slightly over point / track switches.

50157695368_db86e738fb_c.jpgIMG_7785

interesting, the courbet version has 3 8t gears from the motor to the drive axle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 9v system said:

interesting, the courbet version has 3 8t gears from the motor to the drive axle

Dou you have an image showing Courbets version ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doug72 said:

Dou you have an image showing Courbets version ?

yes its  in the type 2 train instructions on the first page of this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always used the original Akiyuki Type 2 version, didn't realise Courbet version was different to Akiyuki version.
I have made a summery of the different type 2's that can be used:-

        Version                            Motor type           Output speed of axles                   gearing train     overall gear Ratio

1/ Akiyuki original version         M motor         1.66  x motor speed    = Fastest         20 -12-12          1.66 step up
2/. Courbet version                   M motor          Same as motor speed                        8-8-8-12-12       1:1
3/ tOmster / Doug72 version    M motor         output speed 1:0.6    = Slowest          12-20                  0.6 step down
4/ Doug72 version                    L Motor           1.66 x motor speed    = Fastest          20-12                 1:1.66 step up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2020 at 10:24 AM, 9v system said:

@Courbet could i please have the files for the type 1 train system? i want to update the train motor to the new version with the L motor

@9v system I don't share my MPD files anymore, sorry about that.
And besides, what's the point? 
Type 1 Train, especially without the Crane Loader, was improved 100% with the type 2 version (including look and reliability).
Also the discussion about my version vs Akiyuki's one makes no sense to me.
My version was an approximation of his work, with very limited data available at the time (2 videos from Brickfest Japan).
Since he has published his own pack of instructions for free, mine are simply irrelevant and should be removed from the main list imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Courbet said:

@9v system I don't share my MPD files anymore, sorry about that.
And besides, what's the point? 
Type 1 Train, especially without the Crane Loader, was improved 100% with the type 2 version (including look and reliability).
Also the discussion about my version vs Akiyuki's one makes no sense to me.
My version was an approximation of his work, with very limited data available at the time (2 videos from Brickfest Japan).
Since he has published his own pack of instructions for free, mine are simply irrelevant and should be removed from the main list imho.

any reason why?

also your version of the train works better as i used it last year at brickvention, it prefers to run slower.

i would really like to update the type 1 train because it worked well at brickvention with the crane and the L motor unit, its been on my to do list for quite some time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heres some good shots i have of the train,i have circled some of the changes

type%201%20train%202.png

in the photo above you can see the L motor circled in orange, the part in yellow i havent seen before other than this video , i believe this keeps the cart on track which was an issue i had with mine as the container would sometimes fall offtype%201%20train%20changes.png

in this photo you can see the underside of the train is different and the purpose of the white 2x2 tile in blue is to keep the wheels from sliding in and out of the technic brick, also a 1x5 liftarm can be seen behind the white technic brick, when i did this on my train it was so strong i could stop the motor without slipping the gears. this would solve the power issues with the crane @Courbet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 9v system said:

@Doug72 with the Courbet version you dont have the issue with the gears hitting switch points

Now converted to 3 x8T gear design and ran OK but train would not reverse !
Due to the extra gear in the drive chain the axles were  running wrong way, and trip beams were in wrong position
Simple - fix just had to change the small black pole c/o switch on the PF switch to the other direction and reverses OK now.

Tested with my new unloader module with fresh batteries and a 30 ball load & works well.

Edited by Doug72
Updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heres my progress on the type 1 switch

640x480.jpg

as you can see it is no longer on a baseplate, which makes it modular for transport, and the hopper stabilizer is added to which stops the car from jumping the hopper off

@Doug72 im glad it works for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 9v system said:

@Courbet did you have any issues with the differential in your crane loader? in mine it was binding quite a bit

I don't recall any problem with the differential. There was reliability issues but no stressed parts iirc. 
Anyway my Crane Loader has had a very short life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Courbet said:

I don't recall any problem with the differential. There was reliability issues but no stressed parts iirc. 
Anyway my Crane Loader has had a very short life.

i had to remove the differential on mine, did you see the updated switch i posted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2020 at 5:05 AM, 9v system said:

@Lego_GBC_NL do you have any photos of your switching device for your type 1 train that selects between the crane and simple loader?

@9v system unfortunately no clear and close-up pictures that will be very helpful I'm afraid... used it only once for an Akiyuki layout at the end of 2016. After that I took apart the complete train module and everything related to it. Not that it didn't work, but it simply took up too much space. The crane loader is still one of my favorites GBC modules though. The switching device was nothing fancy by the way, I guess there's a 100 ways to accomplish this. What I remember is that basically I duplicated part of the switch module (instructions Courbet/Blakbird) which is connected to the train track on one side. Then, by means of some simple gearings and a conveyor belt, it was connected to the unloader module on the other end. Quite straight forward, but it worked and it was nice to be able to use both loaders at the same time :classic:

Besides what is shown in the video I took, below are some pictures I retrieved:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

 

Edited by Lego_GBC_NL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings all i have now finished a file for the new version of the train type 1 based off the 2015 japan brickfest video as well as the 2012 video, this version has a ton of toque with enough strength to stop the motor, that problem with the two 4 axle with stops has also been solved by adding a 2x2 tile with a 1x1 plate in front of the axle.

@Doug72feel free to add this to the train thread

thanks again to @Courbet for doing the instructions for this module

640x480.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 9v system said:

Greetings all i have now finished a file for the new version of the train type 1 based off the 2015 japan brickfest video as well as the 2012 video, this version has a ton of toque with enough strength to stop the motor, that problem with the two 4 axle with stops has also been solved by adding a 2x2 tile with a 1x1 plate in front of the axle.

@Doug72feel free to add this to the train thread

thanks again to @Courbet for doing the instructions for this module

640x480.jpg

@9v system image now added to the GBC Train tread, please check I have the info correct.

 

Edited by Doug72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you post a link to the topic. When I click the one above it leads to an error.

 

Update: 

Correct link found: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/162511-gbc-akiyuki-train-system-mods-and-improvements-new-modules/

But where are the instructions? I only see an image...

 

 

 

 

Edited by tismabrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tismabrick said:

Can you post a link to the topic. When I click the one above it leads to an error.

 

Update: 

Correct link found: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/162511-gbc-akiyuki-train-system-mods-and-improvements-new-modules/

But where are the instructions? I only see an image...

 

 

 

 

there is an io file in the folder on my bricksafe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.