hello everyone, following almost 2 years without posting. I come back to tell you about my desire to sell all my gbc modules. if you are interested come by private mail. I have owned almost all of them, you can see them by typing yoyo08190 on youtube. I want to share it with the communot rather than dismantle it.

Your work will be missed.

You were the only other person who did the revised Cup-to-Cup module.

9 hours ago, yoyo08190 said:

hello everyone, following almost 2 years without posting. I come back to tell you about my desire to sell all my gbc modules. if you are interested come by private mail. I have owned almost all of them, you can see them by typing yoyo08190 on youtube. I want to share it with the communot rather than dismantle it.

going to miss you but i may be interested in a module can you list the ones you have please? are the built with new or used pieces?

Hi i have looked at some of ur works and am interested to purchase them

On 6/15/2020 at 8:00 PM, yoyo08190 said:

fellow GBCers. Any1 who has built the Akiyuki ball factory mind sharing the estimated cost?

oh yeah. I was wondering if it was actually that expensive or are people actually able to build it at cheaper prices?

You can potentially make it slightly cheaper by going with a colour other than Dark Bluish Grey.

That said, the thing is huge. The cost is reflective of that.

2 hours ago, Navity said:

oh yeah. I was wondering if it was actually that expensive or are people actually able to build it at cheaper prices?

In my experience Rebrickable is always too high with it's prices so probably cheaper but could be different in Singapore. Also look on LEGO Bricks & Pieces (also after a week) for availability and prices of parts and keep comparing with Bricklink.

Edited by Berthil
typos

As a general rule, Bricks & Pieces is more expensive for standard pieces, due to the prices often being set by the amount of plastic used. If the piece is rare, it can be cheaper on B&P and it is generally cheaper for tiles. It can be a bit random.

New module, kinda.

I feel a certain pride in the fact that it is rather similar to my mod in regards to stopping balls from loitering around at the back.

All instructions in the Blackbird thread were reverse engineered without trying to earn money on them. His latest GBC modules Akiyuki sells instructions for himself, no community work. If a recent module is not working properly he should be contacted for support to correct the commercially sold instructions so the module works properly or clear up any questions about them. Selling instructions also brings support responsibilities. These instructions, or part of the instructions, may not be copied according to Akiyuki' s terms, I don't see how we can contribute without reproducing (part) of the commercial instructions? So I don't see a purpose for this thread. Sorry, that's my opinion.

was there something wrong with the old thread?

Threads on forums don't 'run out', and as long as the conversation keeps flowing, there's no reason they can't go on.

and if the topic is the same (in this case, Akiyuki modules), then it's better to be in one spot

The older thread is a very useful tool as it still does have the newer modules and also dose include discussion on and modifications to Akiyuki's commercially based GBC modules. 

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for the enthusiasm!

However, to keep things clean, I will merge this with the original topic. I am also working on a way to edit the first post of that topic.

@Ankoku has permissions to edit the first post of this topic! Thanks for helping out.

2 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

was there something wrong with the old thread?

Threads on forums don't 'run out', and as long as the conversation keeps flowing, there's no reason they can't go on.

and if the topic is the same (in this case, Akiyuki modules), then it's better to be in one spot

I agree with everything that you have said. Since Ankoku now has permission to edit the first post of this topic, I feel as if we can definitely continue the discussion as normal in this thread. 

2 hours ago, HRU_Bricks said:

The older thread is a very useful tool as it still does have the newer modules and also dose include discussion on and modifications to Akiyuki's commercially based GBC modules. 

I agree with everything that you have said as well. Since Ankoku now has permission to edit the first post of this topic, I feel as if we can definitely continue the discussion as normal in this thread. 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for the enthusiasm!

However, to keep things clean, I will merge this with the original topic. I am also working on a way to edit the first post of that topic.

I am glad that you were looking into being able to do so. That was one of my largest concerns with this original thread. 

43 minutes ago, Jim said:

@Ankoku has permissions to edit the first post of this topic! Thanks for helping out.

I am very happy to hear that this has now been figured out. Thank you very much for looking into this and for working to find a solution to this growing problem. 

Edited by Ethan M

Well, let's continue then, thanks @Jim
A tremendous amount of work has gone into reverse engineering the non commercial modules. That what's got me started so again a thank you for everybody involved and especially @Blakbird

Edited by Berthil

6 minutes ago, Berthil said:

Well, let's continue then, thanks @Jim
A tremendous amount of work has gone into reverse engineering the non commercial modules. That what's got me started so again a thank you for everybody involved and especially @Blakbird

Indeed, which is why I think this is the best way forward.

I will basically just be updating the front post. Providing links to Train System thread, EV3 thread etc. So people can easily find what they are looking for.