On 7/20/2021 at 9:08 PM, Ankoku said:

They are selling the files created by Akiyuki himself as well.

i saw that as well, i found this site through one of the copied sets instructions which one of my friends sent to me

On 7/20/2021 at 5:04 PM, djm said:

Given that website is using LEGO as part of its name, you may want to consider informing LEGO itself - they do not take kindly to misappropriation of their name as part of a website.

David

yea i was thinking of the best way to get it taken down, this might be a good option

has anyone got an MPD file of the planets and invisible lift? i need them for a layout plan im doing in stud.io

thanks

If you mouse over his name, he last visited 8 hours ago :P If you click on his name you can see what he has been posting.

5 hours ago, Ankoku said:

If you mouse over his name, he last visited 8 hours ago :P If you click on his name you can see what he has been posting.

his last post was from 2020, thats why i thought i would ask, i really want to do the V2 version of the screw type 3 as its missing from the project, would be great if i can get the file of the V1 so it makes it easier for me. i will PM him

also have you been able to finish the ball factory? im currently building the V2 of it as i have the V3 version, what were some of the major changes you made to make it more reliable?

Edited by 9v system

The original v2 is fundamentally wrong. So basically, I changed everything. If you look at the v3 thread, you can see many of the changes which were done because they were either wrong, or done because the entire thing was set at the wrong height.

3 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

The original v2 is fundamentally wrong. So basically, I changed everything. If you look at the v3 thread, you can see many of the changes which were done because they were either wrong, or done because the entire thing was set at the wrong height.

thanks, i will have a look at the changes

Slider = Completely wrong.

Bob = Little bit wrong.

Wheel = Wrong height.

Drop tower = Wrong height and the slide left to right is wrong.Also, how the counter weight and pull down mechanism is done is completely wrong.

Buck lifter = Wrong, which makes it have an odd motion. This requires changing to both how the gears are position and the lifting mechanism.

Pistons = Wrong.

Unload Tower = Different in design. Bucket grabbing pieces = wrong.

That is a quick summary.

6 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

Slider = Completely wrong.

Bob = Little bit wrong.

Wheel = Wrong height.

Drop tower = Wrong height and the slide left to right is wrong.Also, how the counter weight and pull down mechanism is done is completely wrong.

Buck lifter = Wrong, which makes it have an odd motion. This requires changing to both how the gears are position and the lifting mechanism.

Pistons = Wrong.

Unload Tower = Different in design. Bucket grabbing pieces = wrong.

That is a quick summary.

thanks just read through all the changes you did, i have already done the chain drive mod with the extra 1x3 thin liftarm, does the height of the bucket wheel cause a many issues? i found my older factory i built in 2015 didnt have any issues in this area.

Well, the entire factory needs to be 1 plate higher. The wheel height is just changed accordingly.

Basically, it is one of those things where I never would have been able to fix it, if it wasn't for the original work done. Would have been too daunting for me. That said, the mistake with the height had ripple effects across the whole thing.

The slider was wrong because there was no way to see it. I managed to work out most of it via slow motion screen grabs etc. but in the end got photos and confirmation from Akiyuki. So that one was mission impossible.

11 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

Well, the entire factory needs to be 1 plate higher. The wheel height is just changed accordingly.

Basically, it is one of those things where I never would have been able to fix it, if it wasn't for the original work done. Would have been too daunting for me. That said, the mistake with the height had ripple effects across the whole thing.

The slider was wrong because there was no way to see it. I managed to work out most of it via slow motion screen grabs etc. but in the end got photos and confirmation from Akiyuki. So that one was mission impossible.

yea i saw the slider changes, looks like it should work well now with very little issues, one of my friends was having some issues with the bucket placer so i was able to help him out

This highlights the height difference:

800x450.png

This shows the gear position difference:

800x450.jpg

I think it was the wall on the right of the render which made me realise the height of everything was out, as there was either a reasonable photo of video screenshot of it, where you could distinguish the individual bricks.

@Ankoku interesting changes, does the new linkage that pulls the pulls the shiffer in and out still have issues with binding? 

also is the 1x14 technic brick needed in front of the pistons? or is it just extra support?

In both images, they aren't my mods. They are what Akiyuki has on the latest iteration of his Ball Factory v2. I am basically, apart from adding of a few tiles, just replicating his exactly. A lot of changes have occurred since 2015.

I have never had the slider bind to be honest. There is extra bracing to stop bending. You can see what he has done here:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Ankoku/akiyuki-shifter

13 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

In both images, they aren't my mods. They are what Akiyuki has on the latest iteration of his Ball Factory v2. I am basically, apart from adding of a few tiles, just replicating his exactly. A lot of changes have occurred since 2015.

I have never had the slider bind to be honest. There is extra bracing to stop bending. You can see what he has done here:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Ankoku/akiyuki-shifter

ah ok, i also had issues with the ball dropper binding on the axles and it took forever to get it working right, it used to keep pulling the axle out of the connector sometimes, did you have this issue too?

Nah, the dropper is super smooth. Basically the mechanism for moving it left to right was wrong. Which produced a lot of unnecessary torque. I fixed that and it made it run without any issues. e.g. you run it by rotating the axle earlier in the drive chain and it doesn't really offer any resistance. That was before replacing the runner axles having tested them with the axle straightness tester.

When I say "Fix", I just mean make it the same as the Akiyuki one.

4 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

Nah, the dropper is super smooth. Basically the mechanism for moving it left to right was wrong. Which produced a lot of unnecessary torque. I fixed that and it made it run without any issues. e.g. you run it by rotating the axle earlier in the drive chain and it doesn't really offer any resistance. That was before replacing the runner axles having tested them with the axle straightness tester.

When I say "Fix", I just mean make it the same as the Akiyuki one.

i noticed it has an extra plate behind the lever that rotates 180 degrees, does that extra plate layer reduce some of the strain on that part?

This should be correct in respect to the top part of the dropper.

800x450.png

Back:

800x450.png

The main thing with the ball factory is to try and keep all the components disconnected and hand crank everything. To make sure the resistance is minimal.

Edited by Ankoku
Images had a piece the wrong way round!

The bottom section. As you can see, there are a lot of height changes.

800x450.png

I am literally doing this as we post here, which is why it is a bit drip feed.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:53 AM, Ankoku said:

This should be correct in respect to the top part of the dropper.

800x450.png

i think that piece is around the wrong way in this render.