@9v system That is way chunkier than I was expecting! More gears too!

Managed to figure out the initial drive assembly. I am sure this is what you were trying to explain to me, but my brain just wasn't figuring it out.

800x450.png

Just noticed the dropped ball in his photos :P Guessing the grabber dropped one.

3 hours ago, Ankoku said:

@9v system That is way chunkier than I was expecting! More gears too!

Managed to figure out the initial drive assembly. I am sure this is what you were trying to explain to me, but my brain just wasn't figuring it out.

800x450.png

Just noticed the dropped ball in his photos :P Guessing the grabber dropped one.

that looks pretty spot on to what i see in the photo. should reduce the jerkiness off the conveyors

Another great build by Akiyki and what he did at the end took it to the next level of thinking. 
Good thing is you can but the instructions to build it --> https://akiyuki.jp/works/1967 

Other than the whole thing being fantastic, I really like the ball feeding section. It is very simple and looks as though it wont jam easily.

pw200403.jpg 

Edited by HRU_Bricks

That‘s a really nice GBC module. I guess I‘m gonna buy the instructions.

Edit: Just bought it.

Edited by tismabrick

@9v system Do we have a good side view of this section?

800x551.png

I am busy correcting the IO file for the ball factory.

Interestingly, he seems to have light bluish grey tiles under the conveyor belt? I have a photo where you can see it. I thought it might be 1 either side, but it seems to be 3 wide, under the whole belt.

unfortunately no, they look like 2x4 tiles in the middle of the belt but this is just a guess.

got all the parts for the strain wave gearing too, really looking forward to building it

Bit dark, but this is my implementation of the know transmission.

800x450.png

It is supported by a couple of 1x2 Bricks with Axle Hole.

One of the things you notice, is that pretty much every photo from the 2012 period has differences, as he keeps improving things.

@9v system Congrats! That is a mammoth task!

I am glad I don't have to do the Ball Factory v2 from scratch, but every single bit of it needs changing. So it is quite the ordeal.

1 minute ago, Ankoku said:

@9v system Congrats! That is a mammoth task!

I am glad I don't have to do the Ball Factory v2 from scratch, but every single bit of it needs changing. So it is quite the ordeal.

@jeroen did the file and i did the instruction steps so it was a combined effort

800x600.png

been working on the V2 basket shooter, almost finished, just need to do the last set of LAs 

thanks to @djm for the file

Edited by 9v system

6 hours ago, Ankoku said:

What are the improvements?

no baseplate, standard input and output with black thing on it, ratchet, clutch gear, L motor

Just noticed that the back of Catch & Release here is completely different and over engineered in comparison to the Akiyuki original. Image is from 2015, but remains the same in 2018.

Catch_and_Release_Back.jpg

Makes me wonder if all that extra LEGO/Bracing in the instructions available here is actually needed.

Okay. Bit more investigating. The instructions here seems to sit somewhere between his original version and his updated one. e.g. in his original version, he has the extensive bracing:

gbc_catch1s.jpg

But later on, he remove it. The instructions here reflect the changes to the position of the motor, the drop area, the inlet ramp etc. but doesn't reflect his redesigned back area.

2 hours ago, 9v system said:

looks like i found another suspicious website useing the instructions from this project https://legogbc.com/2018/07/11/乐高gbc图纸大全-2015版/

Given that website is using LEGO as part of its name, you may want to consider informing LEGO itself - they do not take kindly to misappropriation of their name as part of a website.

David