On 1/18/2021 at 4:07 AM, dunes said:

Lift triggered by a stuck ball v1.2

Based on instructions by @9v system

Main mods: 1 stud shorter in width, new beams arrangement for the floor, floor 2 plates higher on input side

looks great, glad it works well from my instructions, i like the mods to the input area so i might make those changes to the instructions myself and the balls getting stuck was a problem for me as well

Aron

@9v system Wow. That is impressive. I will get the front page updated on there. Will also draw attention to it on the front page here. There are always a few people who want to do the ball cleaner.

3 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

Great work guys! 

thanks its been a big task but i hope we see more modules in the akiyuki style in future

9 hours ago, Ankoku said:

@9v system Wow. That is impressive. I will get the front page updated on there. Will also draw attention to it on the front page here. There are always a few people who want to do the ball cleaner.

yea i was impressed when @jeroen finished the file

i found this version of the tilted rotors with a ball catcher on it which collects dropped balls 

ps. i reached 1000 posts

On 2/4/2021 at 2:57 PM, Berthil said:

Here is my version of the Container Transporter with detachable gearbox:

@Berthil are planning on doing instructions for it?

31 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

@Berthil are planning on doing instructions for it?

Not anymore. Didn't get a lot of response on it and had trouble getting it reliable enough for events although it was looking promising. I don't want to create instructions for something that isn't reliable. In fact, I've already taken the module apart, took me two nights :) All that remains is the video.

hello all,

is anyone selling any Akiyuki modules at the moment?

just looking to see what is for sale to add to my collection

3 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

I wonder a bit that you are still not complete :D

yea im still missing some, im building the tilted rotors at the moment with the new type 3 turntables and so far its a lot more stable

I took this module out of the warehouse after a long time and ran it.
The movement is not smooth, but the running is not bad.

Thank you.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:10 AM, Berthil said:

Not anymore. Didn't get a lot of response on it and had trouble getting it reliable enough for events although it was looking promising. I don't want to create instructions for something that isn't reliable. In fact, I've already taken the module apart, took me two nights :) All that remains is the video.

:pir-bawling: I did offer to help make instructions from photos...

What was the nature of the unreliability, if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by aeh5040

5 hours ago, aeh5040 said:

What was the nature of the unreliability, if you don't mind me asking?

The yellow timing switches blocked against each other sometimes messing up all the timing.
Been busy with it half a year and got it working but when trying to fine tune it for events with error on error I entirely lost my cool and threw it on the floor. The End :)

On 3/8/2021 at 12:37 AM, 9v system said:

i just brought the parts for the rebuild of the invisible lift module after seeing @Berthils first video of this module

@plingboot did you ever finish your version of this module?

I did and it works 'ok', but I found that just moving it around is enough to cause issues (ball dropping on the lift). Really careful timing set-up seems to be so crucial to my particular version of the build. I think I could probably get it working really well if I had time (lots of hours) to sit and fettle it. But at this moment its sitting in a cupboard with a 90% complete ball factory, a 20% complete pneumatic ball factory and other modules in various states of chaos. 

I'd really like to get it all finished and working, but simply don't have the free time unfortunately.

As an aside this kinda reminds me that I was going to post up the work I'd done in Bricklink Studio to try and reverse engineer the pneumatic ball factory. THIS and THIS

Again, I ran out of free time to fully complete this, but if anyone wants to use my files as a stating point for a community effort to get the modules working and plans ready to share - that would be good with me.

…and finally has anyone done any work on reverse engineering THIS chaps modules - some of them are quite amazing. I've asked him if he'd sell instructions, but I've never had a reply. It's not like I have time to build them, but I'd like to at least have the instructions in my file and an excuse to buy even more technic bricks.

1 hour ago, plingboot said:

I did and it works 'ok', but I found that just moving it around is enough to cause issues (ball dropping on the lift). Really careful timing set-up seems to be so crucial to my particular version of the build. I think I could probably get it working really well if I had time (lots of hours) to sit and fettle it. But at this moment its sitting in a cupboard with a 90% complete ball factory, a 20% complete pneumatic ball factory and other modules in various states of chaos. 

I'd really like to get it all finished and working, but simply don't have the free time unfortunately.

As an aside this kinda reminds me that I was going to post up the work I'd done in Bricklink Studio to try and reverse engineer the pneumatic ball factory. THIS and THIS

Again, I ran out of free time to fully complete this, but if anyone wants to use my files as a stating point for a community effort to get the modules working and plans ready to share - that would be good with me.

…and finally has anyone done any work on reverse engineering THIS chaps modules - some of them are quite amazing. I've asked him if he'd sell instructions, but I've never had a reply. It's not like I have time to build them, but I'd like to at least have the instructions in my file and an excuse to buy even more technic bricks.

interesting, thanks for the update, did you happen to make a file for the invisible lift by any chance? i would love to see a video of your one running