@Filipe128 Not a problem at all. 

Your build looks really good, can you share the build file?

I decided to go with the Powered up for 3 main reasons 1. I have enough motors and hubs, 2. Lego released multi hub programming in the app and 3. I did not want to have to buy  a 2nd Ev3 brick as well as the 3 additional motors.

It was a challenge to use the xL powered up motors but with the right gearing down and a variation of what Akiyuki did with his new design I made it work. The build for the robot arm is complete and now I am working on the peripheral parts and the code (improving it) Here is a quick video - https://bricksafe.com/files/HRU_Bricks/robot-arm-mindstorm--technic/20200921_200336.mp4 (I'll be deleting it in a few days)

Here is the file. It is not 100% accurate in the bottom part because it was just impossible to see. If anyone improves it please share it back!

@HRU_Bricks The cost of the EV3 components + the cost of the shock absorbers is also dragging me away from building this, so the Powered Up solution is very welcome.

From what I saw in the video, your version looks very good and compact, Looking forward to your post in the GBC thread.

Edited by Filipe128

Hi! I'm new here and just stumbled on this great thread thanks to watching Beyond The Brick's video featuring Akiyuki's GBC modules.   I'll certainly be coming here often for knowledge and inspiration for building GBC modules for my next projects.

Edited by ninoguba
Removed some part of my post that can be viewed as off topic to this thread.

Hi @ninoguba

In all honesty, rather than posting the video here, you should post it as a thread all by itself within the Technic forum here. There will be lots of people interested in it, outside of the Akiyuki GBC people.

Also, you will get a lot more interest and feedback that way.

33 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

Hi @ninoguba

In all honesty, rather than posting the video here, you should post it as a thread all by itself within the Technic forum here. There will be lots of people interested in it, outside of the Akiyuki GBC people.

Also, you will get a lot more interest and feedback that way.

I understand, however my post was really in response to a recent question asked related to Akiyuki’s robot arm he used for his gbc.  I apologize if it somewhat off-topic.

And by the way I really appreciate  all the great info you all have collected here in this mega thread. Kudos!

@Ankoku i created this render today, i think it would make a good header for the first page as its bland without one

800x600.jpg

theres a bigger version in my bricksafe if you need it

More appropriate here than the general GBC thread.

Quite impressed this guy was able to recreate this in LEGO.

Not the smoothest, but better than expected.

Hi everyone, I am Bird! First, I would like to say thank you to you all especially, TheRebricker, Berthill, Blackbird, KrisBix, Quanix and the great Akiyuki for information and instructions posted here. It helps me learn tons of things and build many mechanisms more easily. After I did research on GBC for a month in this summer, I decided to make my own version by integrating LEGO Ball Factory, Invisible Lift by Akiyuki and Pneumatic Ball Factory (3D Module "4-Axis Palletizing Robot“ and 2D Linear Module "Pick-and-Place“) created by Quanix together. I did modified and adjusted several mechanisms so that all components can work together synchronously. I hope you guys like my version of Ball Factory. Enjoy!

Edited by Bird_Anatta

I saw this the other day, but didn't want to post it, as the creator may wish to.

You have gotten the Invisible Lift working well!

You should do another video focussing on the parts which you have personally added. So people can appreciate your work!

Hello

I have some big troubble with the red shooter on my Akiyuki Basket Shooter module. Maybe some of you know how to solv it.

When it was newly built I didnt have any problems at all, it started sometime later. The problem is that the spring is too soft. I turn the dial and it hits the end and it is still to soft. On top of that, when the dial have hit the end (max shooting power), the spring gets stuck when it is supposed to recive a ball. Then the ball cant get on the light reflector properly and gets shot in another direction.

Ive tried to change the spring and rebuild the entire shooter to no avail. Sometimes the shooter works for a moment when I shake it a little or check for to much friction. Is it a known problem or am I building something wrong? Maybe its a part that is in the way that Ive missed?

On 10/3/2020 at 3:59 AM, 9v system said:

this might be a good one to do as well

img_1664.jpg

Where can I find instructions for this one?

On 10/3/2020 at 3:59 AM, 9v system said:

the output part is @OneMoreRobot design, i will see if i can make a file for it

I just wanted to take a minute to Thank everyone that has come through these 109 pages and contributed to what is here now.  When I first started collecting for these modules I had a 6 month old and no space (living in the city).  I now have a almost 6 year old and a very large empty basement.  I would also like to thank Berthil for his continued work on GBC modules both Akiyuki and his own designs (rainbow wave, powered marble run, tensegrity, ball factory redo).  I believe I have 30 modules that the greater area of Wisconsin will eventually benefit from seeing in action!

Agreed, this is definitely a great thread.  I'm working on catch and release right now, and will circle back to complete other ones I've missed.

On 12/9/2020 at 5:01 PM, nychase said:

I would also like to thank Berthil for his continued work on GBC modules both Akiyuki and his own designs (rainbow wave, powered marble run, tensegrity, ball factory redo).

Thank you and have fun! :)

On 12/10/2020 at 3:01 AM, nychase said:

I just wanted to take a minute to Thank everyone that has come through these 109 pages and contributed to what is here now.  When I first started collecting for these modules I had a 6 month old and no space (living in the city).  I now have a almost 6 year old and a very large empty basement.  I would also like to thank Berthil for his continued work on GBC modules both Akiyuki and his own designs (rainbow wave, powered marble run, tensegrity, ball factory redo).  I believe I have 30 modules that the greater area of Wisconsin will eventually benefit from seeing in action!

thank you, i hope you can post some video of your modules at some point, for modules like the zig zag lift and pneumatic there are updated versions on my bricksafe

@ixodie about the sprial lift, i unfortunately havent had the time to do that output sorry, but its very similar to the one used on the wheel and steps module

@Bird_Anatta any updates on your factory? i look forward to seeing it all running

greetings all

i have been very busy over the past two weeks creating files for these modified Akiyuki modules by Klaus Hansen, a GBC builder from Denmark

im testing the 5 heads one just waiting for the parts to arrive

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

@Ankoku the files for these are on my bricksafe

9v system

On 12/24/2020 at 11:49 PM, 9v system said:

Can you do some 200px wide images and then I will add them to the front page. I will created a "modified" section at the bottom.

Might be worth mentioning what has been modified in each one. e.g. if I wanted to build them, I would want to know why the modification improves it.

13 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Can you do some 200px wide images and then I will add them to the front page. I will created a "modified" section at the bottom.

Might be worth mentioning what has been modified in each one. e.g. if I wanted to build them, I would want to know why the modification improves it.

sure, can do, i had added some 200px renders of the peanuts and heart chain for the front page

Okay, so I have spent a bit more time recently trying to fix Fork-to-Fork. It was making the clutch gear slip, so some things were obviously wrong.

For the most part, the clutch slip issue was more an issue with my own build than the instructions, but in fixing it, it has highlighted a number of other differences between the instructions and the original.

First off, the rotating guider for the fork axle.

In the original, there was no way of knowing how it was done. So Technic, Axle Pin without Friction Ridges Lengthwise were used.

640x450.jpg

That said, whilst initially messing about with it, I switched them for Technic, Axle 3 with Stud as this seem like a more stable approach, even if it did add a bit more fraction.

In watching another vid by Akiyuki with the Fork-to-Fork module, you can actually see what he used, which was the Technic, Axle 3 with Stud. This may have been a later modification of his.

640x389.jpg

I also noticed that the main wall for the wheel, in the original version, uses 2x Panel 1 x 6 x 5, which may look better, at least from the front.

Wheel_Plate.jpg

This doesn't really impact how it runs.

He also doesn't have a bush holding one of the gears in place. In the instructions, both gears have a bush next to them. Removing the bush could help with adjusting the timing of the wheel without having to take the wheel off. That said, the wheel is very easy to take off. I am going to trying using it without bush, but it isn't a notable change.

Finally, there is one big difference. The motor housing seems to be at the wrong height in the instructions. If you look at it, it even looks wrong, axle wise, as the axle which drives the wheel is tilted down.

Motor_Height.jpg

Here you can see it is 2 bricks high.

In the original, you can see it is 2 bricks and 1 plate high.

640x414.jpg

Fixing this, I do believe, make it run better.

That said, my issues were mainly my own fault.

I thought I would mention the various things I came across though.

Interesting findings. How do you actually know that the motor housing is 2 bricks and 1 plate high? From the image you provided I would not be able to tell how high it is.