@9v system I would suggest making a post for all your work on the v1 train stuff, then have a link from the Akiyuki Train Mods thread on the first page via @Doug72.

A most on the front page of the Technic section rarely lasts more than a day, before it disappears, so it is hardly an issue and makes for an interesting post anyhow. Then you have complete control and a prominent link from the threads which always bounce back to the top anyhow.

@HRU_Bricks Great work on the robot arm, looks very smooth.

On 8/8/2020 at 2:54 AM, 9v system said:

thanks to @Lego_GBC_NL i have produced a file for the loader switch, it is quite simple and runs of the unloader unit by the 24t gear and a universal shaft

@9v system Nice! Funny to see a digital file/picture of something I created personally :classic: Now, years later, I wish I had made the thing look more beautiful, like all the Akiyuki modules. Like this it looks quite simple and boring I must say :laugh_hard:

Anyway, hope the switch will do the trick in your train layout as well!

3 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Curious variant:

i saw this as well, i dont understand any of the explanation though, the two bucket dumpers is interesting

@Ankoku do you have access to the mpd files for the modules in this thread? i really need the ones for the type 1 train, the crane, simple loader and unloader

dont worry i have found them thanks

Edited by 9v system

On a side note, Akiyuki has uploaded a new video, but I am not going to post it, as it is not GBC and it is just more of the previous video with the mechanism applied to something. The mechanism was worthy to add here, so you can think about using it in a GBC. A rotary engine video? No so much.

So, it seems it was created to test some software. TeamViewer - Internet of Things.

He is using the machine learning/visual recognition aspect of it.

It is looking for 2 white balls. Any other combination is classed as wrong. 2 white balls goes in one hopper, the rest in another, probably recycled back in the system.

He like the fact that LEGO gave me a real-world environment within which to test it.

https://www.lac.co.jp/lacwatch/service/20200814_002247.html

On 8/18/2020 at 11:47 PM, Ankoku said:

So, it seems it was created to test some software. TeamViewer - Internet of Things.

He is using the machine learning/visual recognition aspect of it.

It is looking for 2 white balls. Any other combination is classed as wrong. 2 white balls goes in one hopper, the rest in another, probably recycled back in the system.

He like the fact that LEGO gave me a real-world environment within which to test it.

https://www.lac.co.jp/lacwatch/service/20200814_002247.html

interesting, i just prefer to watch all the mechanics of it, not really into software as such

I love the pure mechanics solutions to things.

That said, it is an interesting use of real AI (rather than a decision tree) and a nice way for LEGO to provide the guy with a means to test it.

Akiyuki's ball sorter was a: Orange or White? Question, where the environment where that decision is made, is very controlled.

Here you have it looking at a bucket, which could have anything in it and just looking for a single white ball. Anything else is binned.

I am going to build the ball sorter. Partially because I like the idea of doing the Ball Factory, where there is always 1 orange, 1 white ball in the bucket.

Here is also some mechanics, I'm almost done with creating a mechanical control box for the Container Transporter. So NO EV3. One motor, 4 speeds, 3 drive axles, 8 different timing moments. Something different than '100 or so'  unused gears for a Bugatti or Lamborghini. Will be fully testing it when hooked up to the module but I expect no problems. Click to see the video.

50274500458_58162c544d_z.jpg

Edited by Berthil
typos

Did you get inspired by this?

It is going to be really cool to have two different approaches.

Can't wait!

I know that module but was already planning to make the original container transporter mechanical before Riku posted his module. The module from Riku has 4 phases as it turns all containers holders at once and for me personally his version is too far away from the Akiyuki version when it comes to design and function. Nevertheless an excellent and admirable effort from Riku as this is really not easy to do. The fact that the mechanical master himself has decided to use an EV3 should point out clearly that it is very hard to make this module 100% mechanical. I'm very pleased with my control box, it gave me headaches for many evenings but am fully confident it will work. All 8 phases are exactly the same as the original version and I have changed the original module in such way that it has no worm gears and have left out a few heavy springs, it runs super light. I also tried to make it pleasing to watch by putting the control box in front of the module and work with colors. Orange for switch, yellow for timing, red for drive.

Edited by Berthil
typos

You have done a really good job converting the container module to mechanical a version it is no easy task.

It is definately a lot easier to use Ev3 and Powered up (albeit new challenges can arise with programming ).

Are you looking to do some instructions or share a Stud.io file.I am looking forward to building it.

I don't think Akiyuki ever considered doing it as a purely mechanical endeavour.

I look forward to seeing it in action! Will be great! 1 motor for all things is always the dream!

heres my first trial type 1 train layout (crane is not finished yet)

it worked mostly well had the L motor version of the train as well

however i had problems with the loader switch, it keeped jumping forward 1 tooth every half turn,

@Lego_GBC_NL did you have this issue?

800x598.jpg

5 hours ago, 9v system said:

heres my first trial type 1 train layout (crane is not finished yet)

it worked mostly well had the L motor version of the train as well

however i had problems with the loader switch, it keeped jumping forward 1 tooth every half turn,

@Lego_GBC_NL did you have this issue?

@9v system No, although it's quite some years ago, I don't recall having any issues with the loader switch. In terms of gearing it's quite straight forward. The switch doesn't do a lot (very slow movement if I remember correctly due to the gearing down), so I think it doesn't even have to be that precise. As long as the train track gets switched at some point during the time the train car is connected to the unloader.

Nice to see by the way you have a similar setup as I had back then :classic: Brings back memories...

8 hours ago, Lego_GBC_NL said:

@9v system No, although it's quite some years ago, I don't recall having any issues with the loader switch. In terms of gearing it's quite straight forward. The switch doesn't do a lot (very slow movement if I remember correctly due to the gearing down), so I think it doesn't even have to be that precise. As long as the train track gets switched at some point during the time the train car is connected to the unloader.

Nice to see by the way you have a similar setup as I had back then :classic: Brings back memories...

ok, are you able to upload those photos again please? i need to see how many tread links are used as i think this may be the issue

12 hours ago, 9v system said:

ok, are you able to upload those photos again please? i need to see how many tread links are used as i think this may be the issue

@9v system Oops, wasn't even aware I deleted them from bricksafe, must have happened unintentionally when I was dealing with the BF V3 pictures :classic:

I reuploaded them and I edited my original post on page 105 of this thread

Reminder, there is a separate forum for train GBC. Including type1 train system.

Edited by Doug72

So, it all works nice.

Works without issue, although it still isn't very event friendly. You would probably need an overflow system on the down ramp off the spiral lift, in case things go wrong.

e.g. if you get a ball, which, for whatever reason, ends up missing the piston lift, the next ball has a good chance of stopping it ever making it up. At which point it just collects balls on the down ramp.

Will get the instructions up soon.

Made it show that the hopper ramp doesn't have any Technic holes showing.

On 9/18/2020 at 1:45 AM, Ankoku said:

That's great. I want to build it after disassembling my module when your instructions are complete.

i have been working on the akiyuki zig zag module, i designed a new drive system that moves the crank up higher which stops the slider binding

640x480.jpg

What exactly was the issue with the current build?

I built it some time ago and didn’t experience any problem with it.