Thinking about it, I may just make a mods thread and link to that from the original post. Seems far more orderly.

do you want me to do renders of the new modules that akiyuki is selling and use those for the thumbnails?

@9v system  If you can do renders for Peanut and Heart Chain as I don't have a file for those, that would be great!

You can do the render of the stuck ball lifter, it is your project. You will need to create a thread for it though, which I can link to.

10 hours ago, Ankoku said:

@9v system  If you can do renders for Peanut and Heart Chain as I don't have a file for those, that would be great!

You can do the render of the stuck ball lifter, it is your project. You will need to create a thread for it though, which I can link to.

sure will do

i already have a render of the stuck ball done which is in my bricksafe

@Courbet could i please have the files for the type 1 train system? i want to update the train motor to the new version with the L motor

This has literally been keeping me up at night of late.

640x480.jpg

Although it is not identical to the Akiyuki version, it is probably as close as I am going to get. (The 2x3, 2x8 and 1x8 plates are just for illustrative purposes.)

The black gap is because Stud.IO can't do items stacked like this very well. Neither does it, as far as I can tell, support tiny adjustments in position. Thus there isn't much of a way for me to correct it.

Previous attempts to replicate this have been 3 studs thick instead of 4 and didn't reflect the bracing visible in some of his images.

One attempt used this:

4070.png

To address the half plate sized gap the arrows create. Which is a very clever approach. The problem is, this left some ugly holds at the back and you couldn't fit it into a solution which looked akin to what Akiyuki was doing.

So in the end, I have gone with this:

99781.png

Which doesn't fit exactly to what Akiyuki has done, but fixes the gap issue and reflects the bracing. So, for now, that is good enough for me.

The important bit is where the pins are at the back, using 4 x this:

32000.png

It uses 1x 2L and 2x 3L to brace it all together.

Sadly, as before, if you tip the module, all the arrows fall out :P Thankfully, they only take seconds to put back in.

One bit which I still wonder about, is what is going on here:

800x480.jpg

Are those patches of grey and black evidence of plates or just reflections on the lift arm? I have no idea, either way.

@9v system Can you message me or post here a link to your BrickSafe gallery (I am guessing you are using BS).

I have replaced the Catch & Spin and Hockey images. I am using chonky PNG files to make the quality of the render reasonable.

You have done well at getting images out of Akiyuki! Was great to see all those images of the mega ball factory.

Do you have 200px images for Heart Chain and Peanut?

29 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

You have done well at getting images out of Akiyuki! Was great to see all those images of the mega ball factory.

Do you have 200px images for Heart Chain and Peanut?

no but i can quickly do some and yea, i was interested in the mega ball factory

I too was interested. Would have been nice if there had been a video, but I am guessing, due to the pneumatics, it would be a bit clunky.

Do them in your own time.

heres an updated version of the spiral staircase

spiral%20staircase.png

this ones not akiyuki but i updated it as well

Cardan%20Lift%20v2.png

Edited by 9v system

Wow !!! Reuleaux triangles found their ways in LEGO at last !

Although only one previous implementation exists (from Lego Technic Mastery : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTT93moFqfk), I feel Akiyuki's one very accurate and aesthetic (no voids, thanks to cheese slopes), and rather versatile.

And a very mesmerizing mechanism using them.

Edited by Thierry-GearsManiac

@Ankoku this video has some good shots of the cup to cup and type 1 train module which i will start working on. i have asked Courbet for the files so hopefully i will be able to implement these changes

@9v system Is there any reason for wanting to do Type 1 of the train? Just a completeness thing?

I used this video a lot to complete the Type 1.5 Cup-to-Cup module. Apart from a few personal modifications, I think my instructions for it are accurate to the original.

2 hours ago, Ankoku said:

@9v system Is there any reason for wanting to do Type 1 of the train? Just a completeness thing?

I used this video a lot to complete the Type 1.5 Cup-to-Cup module. Apart from a few personal modifications, I think my instructions for it are accurate to the original.

i like the type 1 train and it looks quite reliable from this video

2 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Is the new one less reliable?

no, but i like the type one version too and it worked well with the l motor version but you need to change the loader switch and unloader to make it fit

@Ankoku i did those resized renders as well if you need them

Ah, cool. Was just curious as I may end up doing some train stuff at some point. Am just glad he did instructions for it :P

2 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

Ah, cool. Was just curious as I may end up doing some train stuff at some point. Am just glad he did instructions for it :P

yea same, but the version from @Courbet is not to bad ether in fact the train car is better than akiyukis as the gearing is slower

3 hours ago, 9v system said:

yea same, but the version from @Courbet is not to bad ether in fact the train car is better than akiyukis as the gearing is slower

Ver 2 train car can be slowed down using z20 thin tan gears  and a M motor as shown in BBC train thread

I have used this in my through rotary upper module.

Various Other mods have improved Ver 2, biggest issue is obtaining  the old PF switch.

Edited by Doug72