1 hour ago, Berthil said:

Well, let's continue then, thanks @Jim

:thumbup:

Just now, 9v system said:

@Ankoku if you need any renders done feel free to ask me, i have a few modules to add here

Akiyuki stuff which isn't here already?

Just now, Ankoku said:

Akiyuki stuff which isn't here already?

yes i have an updated zig zag v1 with a new drive that reflects the original video, its rock solid

@Ankoku I have now reverse engineered the Akiyuki workshop module from a previous JapanBrickFest show. I was hoping that I could get my work referenced in addition to the information that is already present there. Would you please be able to do that for me after I finalize the instructions and digital design? Thank you very much in advance. 

@Ankoku i have the file and render done if you need it

also i think we should ad the modules of @FernandoQ here as well as the modules of @Berthil, as these modules are also in Akiyukis style and were inspired by this topic

@Ethan M What module was it?

Yeah, basically if there is an MPD or Instructions for it, that is what wants to go on the front page.

I basically want it so someone comes to the first post and from there, can get instructions/digital file of everything which is available currently. Even things like the new robot arm, if anyone does it.

For everyone, your best approach is to create a post for the module, then I can link to it. So your post has the links to instructions, any information/images you want to add. It highlights who put the work in and is an ideal place for people to ask questions, post mods etc. for that specific module.

@9v system  For that, I would prefer to create a thread for Other GBC. There is a General Discussion thread, but it doesn't have an organised front page. Again, the front page stuff should be for modules which there are instructions for. e.g. I could put PG52 The Sun on there.

I would prefer this thread to be just properly Akiyuki stuff, which has instructions.

The big cog one, yes, the other 2 would be better in a separate thread.

1 minute ago, Ankoku said:

I would prefer this thread to be just properly Akiyuki stuff, which has instructions.

Agree. Or collaborate to create missing instructions. I'm still very interested in the Ball Cleaner. Jeroen Stam has done a lot of excellent work on it, not sure if he is here on EB.

@Ankoku I am going to continue working on that module and completing the information needed to create a post regarding it. Once I have created one, I will be sure to send you a message with the link to this specific post so that you can put a link to it on here. Does that work with you?

@Berthil That is exactly what I was wanting to accomplish. I really hope that we can end up doing so. 

Okay, some basic rules:

It needs to be an Akiyuki module, where you are sure he designed it.

It must have instructions or a digital file for it.

For modules where Akiyuki is selling instructions, that requirement is not needed.
e.g. @Berthil's Peanut.
Or instructions for a module he has done free instructions for:
@FernandoQ's "Cars with adaptive cruise control" mod. (He changed the big cog to be a module in its own right.)

The mods need to be significant, like the two above. Rather than just making something slightly different, or taller etc.

I might create threads for the existing modules, where needed, for mods where mod instructions exist. e.g. Many of the originals either needed fixing or work better with changes. Being able to access those changes in an organised manner would be helpful.

I need a 200px wide render of the module.

I need a link to a topic about it, created by the original creator.
If they have other modules they want to show off, they can stick links to those in their topic.

I will be adding links to the main EV3 and GBC train system threads.
(A perfect example of where mods really help)

I will also add images and links to all the modules Akiyuki has provided free instructions for, or instructions you can buy (This will just be an image and a link to his website article, no direct linking to files).

Let me know if some additional rules need adding/changing.

(I will be adding all the new stuff below the original post. I kinda want to keep as much of the original one as is, as testament to BlakBirds work. I will need to change a few bits of the original, but I want to keep it to a minimum.)

Just now, Ankoku said:

Ah, him then :) Did he do a topic/instructions for it?

no but he posted the instructions on his website for free, you can use my render if you wish

Only issue with your render is that the cogs don't exist in the colours you have used.

What is the link to his site?

2 hours ago, Berthil said:

Agree. Or collaborate to create missing instructions. I'm still very interested in the Ball Cleaner. Jeroen Stam has done a lot of excellent work on it, not sure if he is here on EB.

jeroen has done a file for the ball cleaner if your interested

That would be awesome, in relation to the cleaner. I have no interest in building it, but it is a beautiful machine and it would be nice to have it for people.

Thinking about it, I might put up a generic BrickSafe account to put all the renders, files etc. on. Then share the details with a few users on here. That way, people always have access.

@9v system  Are they 200px width renders?

Just now, Ankoku said:

That would be awesome, in relation to the cleaner. I have no interest in building it, but it is a beautiful machine and it would be nice to have it for people.

Thinking about it, I might put up a generic BrickSafe account to put all the renders, files etc. on. Then share the details with a few users on here. That way, people always have access.

@9v system  Are they 200px width renders?

they are the highest quality renders i can do in stud io i will upload them to my bricksafe and see

i use povray btw

Edited by 9v system

Well, for the front page, they need to be 200px. Taking a big, high quality one and then resizing it down isn't going to look as good as just rendering them at 200px. That is my thinking.

26 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

Well, for the front page, they need to be 200px. Taking a big, high quality one and then resizing it down isn't going to look as good as just rendering them at 200px. That is my thinking.

ok i will render at that size and see what happens