That is the one I have been working on. Which has the height issues.

Thanks for the link!

Another basic example of the difference in height. Here, the box at the back, in the original, has 9L liftarm support bracings. In the reverse engineered version, it is 7L.

640x480.jpg

2 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Another basic example of the difference in height. Here, the box at the back, in the original, has 9L liftarm support bracings. In the reverse engineered version, it is 7L.

640x480.jpg

yes i had the same issue, its too low and the output doesn't allow me to add the black thing on the end

At this point, I get the feeling that the ramp box was worked on first. At some point, it was decided that they wanted a 2 stud width section of the box to slot in the spaces either side.

The problem with this, is that the slots down allow 2 stud width. At that point, everything got weird.

Here you can see what was done to allow that gap to be 2 studs wide.

640x317.jpg

Here you can see the original, where it clearly isn't offset like above:
640x372.jpg

So, this means that right at the bottom of the box, it is only 1 stud wide. Which is simple to achieve.

The back supports for the box get real varied, real quick.

The MPD differs to BlakBirds instructions. The back supports in the release video also different to the back supports seen in his layout later on.

So yeah, that 2 stud wide gap, meant all other parts of the module get offset weirdly to compensate.

So, this is what I think it looks like:
800x600.jpg

Based on this:

Back_Support_2.jpg

This places the back support 2 studs higher than the front.

The way the yellow bricks are held in place also seems incorrect. e.g. in the original, you only have 1 stud place in a Technic Brick which can hold two.

Yellow_Support.jpg

Now in the reverse engineered version, both are used. But all they do is connect to another Technic Brick which has a tile on top. So the positioning is immaterial.

640x275.jpg

I just don't think Akiyuki would use an offset Technic brick and then only use one hole without good reason.

I am starting think that the single pin is connected to something like this:

6541.png

That to me, would make a lot more sense.

So, this is what I think is going on:

640x480.jpg

My theory is on the right. I don't think it is exactly that, but you get the idea.

The most important aspect is that it lowers the whole thing down by the height of a tile.

In the original version by Akiyuki, you can see that the archways deliver the balls inline with the output ramp.

Ramp_Exchange_Original.jpg

Here, in the only video of a built version of the reverse engineered module, you can see a drop between the archways and the output ramp:

Ramp_Exchange_Reverse_Engineered.jpg

I think my theory above might fix that difference.

Edited by Ankoku

Any idea what these bricks are:
Mystery_Brick.jpg

Now if you look at the yellow one above, it is 2 plates. That is obvious. The 2 below though are clearly not 2 plates. In photos and video, they appear different.

Any ideas?

maybe a Slope 30 1 x 2 x 2/3. 

BL 85984

85984.t1.png

and what we see is the back side.

Not sure how it would connect, but I am liking the thinking @dunes.

This is where I have gotten to with the quarter pipe. I can't guarantee this is how it is done, but it is a lot closer. There are still a couple of mysteries I have yet to solve. Including the need for those yellow plate. They are just dummy ones I wedged in for now.

800x600.jpg

I am actually using a Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with 1 Stud with Groove and Bottom Stud Holder (Jumper) to connect the support to the end wall where the Technic, Brick is. No actual need for it Did it because it is there :P I suspect that Technic, Brick is there to support the grey ramp at the bottom which needs to be braced from the side.

Have removed the 2 x 2 Brick from the bottom of either side. This is the part which was requiring the slots be 2 studs wide. Said brick isn't part of the original design and the original design doesn't need or have 2 stud wide slots.

In the original version, you can see the ramp into the quarter pipe is quite thick! It protrudes out past the liftarms.

640x379.jpg

This isn't the case with the reverse engineered version, where the ramp sits inline with the liftarms:

640x480.jpg

I was wonder why the two were different and why the extra thickness was required for the original, as it certainly wasn't for strength.

I think it has to do with this:
Mystery_Brick.jpg

The assumption was that those wedges are 1 stud in both width and depth. When in fact, I think they are 1 x 2.

This would make a lot more sense as there will be more friction to hold it all in place.

The added depth makes those mystery pieces all the more intriguing.

So those top two yellow plates, they could well be 2 x 2 plates.

I don't believe this is correct, but I am putting it out there to see if it triggers suggestions from others which may be correct!

640x480.jpg

A more likely version.

The white plate shows mid-level bracing:
640x480.jpg

The two slopes with their back facing the outside aren't fixed in place by anything.

Starting to get there:
640x480.jpg

The gap between the archways and the off ramp is smaller now.

The added bonus is that everything is rigidly in place now. Well, apart from a few of the bits of the arrows. So it should be very robust.

My current puzzle:

640x480.jpg

Note the gap between the blue Technic Brick and the Tile.

Everything fits perfectly, I just need to work out this section attaches to something. I believe the Dark Bluish Grey Technic brick is part of it. e.g. it is on this side but not the other, yet hasn't really served a purpose thus far.

I also wonder if those yellow plates have something to do with it. e.g. those are just place holders I put there, but they represent something in the original.

Obviously, the blue solution is not the right one.

Any ideas?

This should about do it.

800x600.jpg

It has lost weight in some areas, gained it in others.

Everything is locked solidly into place now, apart from the yellow arrow bit.

Edited by Ankoku

Fascinating development. Of the two yellow slops, one of them is actually connected to the quarter-pipe ramp.

640x480.jpg

This should make things a lot smoother on entry.

The cost difference to convert the original MPD to my version is about £50. Nothing exact yet, as I am waiting for parts to turn up to build it.

Went with converting the MPD instead of the BlakBird PDF instructions. BlakBird made some changes.

@Quanix-Germany I ran across the video of your Version 3 pneumatic ball factory. Is there any possibility that you have, or will create a parts list and instructions or an lld or stud.io file? I would love to build this version and it is a work or art. Thank you from sunny Florida.

3 minutes ago, rskamen said:

@Quanix-Germany I ran across the video of your Version 3 pneumatic ball factory. Is there any possibility that you have, or will create a parts list and instructions or an lld or stud.io file? I would love to build this version and it is a work or art. Thank you from sunny Florida.

@rskamen

I re-engineered most of the v2 (all of the major components and the control circuit) and started work on the v3 (but it is on hold for now). If there is any chance of getting the newer v3 that would be handy

Edited by HRU_Bricks