18 minutes ago, Courbet said:

Akiyuki could have designed his module with all the containers at the same level, but it would have necessited either a higher lift at the input or a longer lever arm for the clamp at the output, in both cases increasing the strain on the XL motor.

thats the reason im thinking he did it that way as well

how well does this module perform in a layout? does it get rid of enough balls for the input hopper to not overflow?

im looking to display this module at next years brickvention in jan

19 minutes ago, 9v system said:

thats the reason im thinking he did it that way as well

how well does this module perform in a layout? does it get rid of enough balls for the input hopper to not overflow?

im looking to display this module at next years brickvention in jan

It takes approximately 11 seconds for a cycle, and the lift can handle 11 balls at once so yes it might sustend the 1 ball per second rate.

But it might be a little too much in the long run, especially for the scissor lift who will stop working if it's overloaded.

1 hour ago, Courbet said:

It takes approximately 11 seconds for a cycle, and the lift can handle 11 balls at once so yes it might sustend the 1 ball per second rate.

But it might be a little too much in the long run, especially for the scissor lift who will stop working if it's overloaded.

i dont follow the standard anyway so i will proberly run it slower than that but i will have to make sure the module i put before it is the fast ball sorter

7 hours ago, HRU_Bricks said:

@Juroen

I have made some modifications to the original ball lift in the cleaning m/c and it appears to have less issues and resistance than yours. The lift is slightly lighter at the far end and added 2 gear reductions. 

Video: https://www.bricksafe.com/files/HRU_Bricks/gbc-ball-cleaning-machine-project/Ball Lift.mp4

IMG20190714175225.jpg

Seems to run ok!

I received some photo’s from Akiyuki this week. I made some minor adjustments to my ball lift, so I now have a 100% exact copy of his design. It does make a difference though in which direction the motor runs. In one direction it runs smooth and in the other direction it has slightly more resistance.

Remember to upload his images somewhere.

Almost feel as though you could add an elastic band in there, suspended from the top.

@Courbet very nice work on the container transporter! I'm looking forward to the building instruction. Not to build it myself but see how it works and determine if a fully mechanical version is possible as I want all my modules fully mechanical. Probably not possible as Akiyuki is a mechanical genius himself so there is most likely a reason why an EV3 was used. 

On 7/9/2019 at 1:13 AM, Courbet said:

Finally, I have reproduced the Container Transporter thanks to the pictures @9v system provided a little while ago.

I'm still waiting for a bricklink order to complete, program and run it.

For the moment, I have a strange feeling about it: I think I have been quite faithful on this module (more than Planets for example), but I fear it won't run smoothly nor reliably.

I hope I'm wrong about it.

I'll post on the Akiyuki Project (EV3)/(NXT) thread when I'm ready.

I too am keen to build this one and even just picked up the NXT set for practically nothing!. Defiantly would be interested in the design file or instructions

7 hours ago, Berthil said:

@Courbet very nice work on the container transporter! I'm looking forward to the building instruction. Not to build it myself but see how it works and determine if a fully mechanical version is possible as I want all my modules fully mechanical. Probably not possible as Akiyuki is a mechanical genius himself so there is most likely a reason why an EV3 was used. 

Thanks Berthil!

The whole thing is a 8 phases cycle, so it's complicated but  @sawyer klegr did it, didn't he?

On 7/14/2019 at 8:26 PM, Berthil said:

It could be possible to make it mechanical, it would depend on the sequence. Some of the lifting and turning mechanism could be pneumatic along with pnemo-electric control. 

I think it is just a timing thing. For whatever reason, he has them spinning in both directions, which isn't needed. If they all spin in the same direction all the time, you have a single direction of flow. Since you have that, all that matters then is timing for when things move and not move. That you can do with a myriad of mechanisms.

It isn't easy, but it is very doable.

Kinda wish he had asked what the inspiration was behind the Catch & Spin GBC. How he came up with the mechanism that makes it work.

I noticed he had changed the name of his normal channel.

Guessing it will be one for prototypes and another for final releases.

Surprised he didn't go for 8 slopes :P

This also seems amiss:

640x721.jpg

There is nothing stopping that connector from spinning on it's one pin. It ends up being braced by what is placed on top of it, but a single normal pin works there, fixing it in place.

@Ankoku i noticed the same thing when building mine about a month ago. , i think the instructions for the fork module have a similar error

I still need to work on Fork-to-Fork to make it smoother. I did do some fixes on it where it varied from the original.

It will be fascinating to see all the mistakes I make doing the instructions for The Sun and Cup-to-Cup. It is going to be messy.

3 hours ago, 9v system said:

@Ankoku i noticed the same thing when building mine about a month ago. , i think the instructions for the fork module have a similar error

I recall posting about the following errors in the Fork-to-Fork:

Nicely remembered.

Finished off the Stuck Ball Triggered module.

I have to say, I am kinda disappointed. It feels more like a prototype, rather than a finished module.

The hopper doesn't work very well, as was shown in the original video. Although it feels worse when it is your own. It is heavily dependent on more balls dislodging ones which have gotten bored.

The main issue though, is that mine at least, has balls dropping down into the undercarriage quite a bit. I need to video it to see what is going on, but it is common place, which is a shame.

I think this could be a no.1 contender for a complete redesign.

Was looking to see if Akiyuki actually used it at any events or in his own circuits.

He did, once, just after creating it. It too dropped balls.

640x321.jpg