14 hours ago, Ankoku said:

이 남자는 @Berthil 의 새로운 v3 Ball Factory를 포함하여 Akiyuki 모듈을 많이 사용하고 있습니다.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_fwjMWDyMQLoWyf7DE8odg/videos

Hi~ Everyone!

I've surfed forum and get to know Akiyuki's GBC by accident. I downloaded the instructions and could make all the GBC module of The Akiyuki project.

I am really thank you guys who helped to make the instructions. 

Finally, I have reproduced the Container Transporter thanks to the pictures @9v system provided a little while ago.

I'm still waiting for a bricklink order to complete, program and run it.

For the moment, I have a strange feeling about it: I think I have been quite faithful on this module (more than Planets for example), but I fear it won't run smoothly nor reliably.

I hope I'm wrong about it.

I'll post on the Akiyuki Project (EV3)/(NXT) thread when I'm ready.

Great to hear. I was never that fussed about watching this module in action, it was a bit slow, but enjoyed the mechanisms involved. It will be cool to see a fan made version!

Keep up the good work! Will be interesting to see if it does work well or not.

6 hours ago, Courbet said:

Finally, I have reproduced the Container Transporter thanks to the pictures @9v system provided a little while ago.

For the moment, I have a strange feeling about it: I think I have been quite faithful on this module (more than Planets for example), but I fear it won't run smoothly nor reliably.

fantastic work, i look forward to seeing it finished

22 hours ago, Courbet said:

Great to hear! This one was also still on my to-build-list... nice to see that some of the older modules of Akiyuki are still being reverse engineered and get the attention they deserve (Container Transporter, Ball Cleaner,...) :grin:

@Courbet, I've built several modules for which you made the 3D model/building instructions, so I'm sure you'll get things running smoothly in the end and quality, reliability and performance will be superb as usual! :thumbup:

Already a big thanks (again) for the work done, hope to see a video soon!

Thank you!  It's funny you all talk about 'work' done? To me it's like doing a crafty puzzle, so I spell this 'work' with the letters F-U-N.

The programming part might be be less fun though - I have to remember how to deal with that stuff, hoping it still runs on my PC.

Anyway, I will provide building instructions whatever the outcome.  It might take some time, I will try Stud.io for this one.@Berthil has showed us it's the best tool now, especially for a mostly black module.

On 7/8/2019 at 7:13 PM, Courbet said:

welcome back Courbet !

and glad you were able to reproduce this masterpiece. I remember you were close to do it one year ago when we discussed about it.

In a hurry to see the final result !

18 minutes ago, turbopolofr said:

I remember you were close to do it one year ago when we discussed about it.

Indeed, but it was hopeless until @9v system  brought Akiyuki's pictures.

A little teaser:

CT_WIP.png

1 minute ago, Courbet said:

A little teaser:

CT_WIP.png

fantastic work, i would really like to build this one, i also have the old style motors too, the thing that worries me is that is need so many yellow shock absorbers which are expensive

On 7/1/2019 at 3:45 AM, Juroen said:

In between building a compressor for my Akiyuki ballcleaner, I’m tweaking some parts of the Akiyuki ballcleaner design. The first stepper is an exact copy of the Akiyuki design. However as you can see in this video there’s a problem with the vertical movement. When the stepper is moving up, the motor struggles to get it to the top due to the weight of the stepper. With a XL motor I have the same problems. When I hold this part horizontally it works just fine. Also tried some different gear ratio’s. I was thinking of using some kind of counter weight, does anybody have any experience with this kind of stepper?

I am finding something similar with my build although it is not as prominent as your issue. When the rotation is on the upswing, the 2x 10m axles slightly rotate around the center point which then creates then creates greater friction on the 12m axles causing it to slow and require more torque. Try to slow it down some and that should make for smoother rotaton

17 hours ago, Courbet said:

A little teaser:

CT_WIP.png

That is a lot of lift form the scissor lift. Any chance of some close ups of the mechanism

1 hour ago, HRU_Bricks said:

That is a lot of lift form the scissor lift. Any chance of some close ups of the mechanism

There is nothing cyclic in the lift mecanism of the Container Transporter. A 4L liftarm rotates 90° to get things up, then rotates in the reverse direction to get things down. When the lift goes down, it compresses the yellow shock absorber which in turn helps the lift when it goes up.  

BTW the gears in the pictures are linked to the 4L liftarm. and if you turn them too far you break everything - no clutch at all... 

Edited by Courbet

Check out my video of Akiyuki's Container transporter.

I have to say it's a relief that this module works better than I thought while building it. I spent a lot of time on the tuning phase, getting all the mecanisms to work properly. On the other hand programming the NXT was a breeze.

I'll do a proper presentation when I publish building instructions. There is a lot to say about this module.  

You did it again! Truly amazing! Seems to be running flawlessly and smoothly once again! :sweet:

I've got some questions, but perhaps better to first await your official presentation, building instructions and parts list. Some questions might already get answered that way.

Thanks for sharing the video and for the work done (read: F-U-N :tongue:)! Ooh.... and of course welcome back Pepsi (although indeed showing less interest in GBC as before)! :grin:

Is the box on the right of each spinner sitting higher than the one on the left? e.g. when it is in the resting position.

19 minutes ago, Lego_GBC_NL said:

You did it again! Truly amazing! Seems to be running flawlessly and smoothly once again! :sweet:

I've got some questions, but perhaps better to first await your official presentation, building instructions and parts list. Some questions might already get answered that way.

Thanks for sharing the video and for the work done (read: F-U-N :tongue:)! Ooh.... and of course welcome back Pepsi (although indeed showing less interest in GBC as before)! :grin:

Thank you! Feel free to ask anyway.

13 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

Is the box on the right of each spinner sitting higher than the one on the left? e.g. when it is in the resting position.

There is a 1 stud level difference between each of the 3 fixed spinners (and also between the 2 height-adjustable ones)

7 minutes ago, Juroen said:

Looking great! Another Akiyuki mystery solved!

Thanks! Too bad there is not much left. 

fantastic work on the container transporter Courbet, it seams to work well.

1 hour ago, Ankoku said:

Any reason for the difference?

i think it has to do with the fact the containers need to fit under the the loader part for the scissor lift

45 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

That shouldn't be needed for the 2nd and 3rd set though. I am just really intrigued.

the unloader at the end requires it to grab at the bottom of the container

Akiyuki could have designed his module with all the containers at the same level, but it would have necessited either a higher lift at the input or a longer lever arm for the clamp at the output, in both cases increasing the strain on the XL motor.