7 hours ago, Jonas said:

Unfortunately, they do not exist.

Thank you for your reply. You did a fantastic job on your wheel lift and ball moving module. I will study it as best I can and maybe try to replicate it. Any additional photos or something that may help?

Ankoku, thanks for your input. I have instructions for Akiyuki's wheel lift. Just trying to combine a few elements that I like. All this from a 73 year old Lego newbie that has built a total of two (2) technic models. The 42030 Volvo Wheel Loader (modified) and the 8043 Excavator (Jurgen Ultimate - completely by ordering all parts).. This forum continues to amaze me.

When you have built this, then you can call yourself a man:
8455-1.png

That model left my fingers and thumbs destroyed.

It might be worth searching for: LEGO GBC Wheel on YouTube. There are quite a few on there and to be honest, just looking at a still of the wheel is all the instructions you need. I have tried a few designs by doing that. Obviously, this is tricky when you don't have many parts to work with.

You may want to look into buying some old Technic sets off eBay. When you aren't interested in a pristine box etc. you can get them for a reasonable price. I ended up buying a number of white Technic Space Shuttles. The less iconic sets which were sold at a mid-range price point tend to be quite common and cheap 2nd hand and thus a good choice for parts.

Those space shuttles provided many parts for the Akiyuki Pinball machine.

Edited by Ankoku
Smaller, better image.

7 hours ago, rskamen said:

Any additional photos or something that may help?

There is a separate video on this module in my channel. Anyway, the module is rather simple compared to Akiyuki's original part.

Thank you Ankoku and Jonas. My parts inventory is growing as I am mis-ordering and over-ordering parts while I learn the part name, number, and how best to use Bricklink. It's all a wonderful learning experience. I was thinking of buying the Bucket Wheel Excavator 42055 strictly for parts. I don't want to build it as the excavator. I am running out of room for the few models I built and what I intend to build. Will have to develop a storage/sorting system for parts. I will keep researching the wheel lift, but I need to start the Ball Factory first. My plan is to begin after the end of October when I return from some traveling.

These are my first 2 Lego projects since I last built with my children 45 years ago. The Volvo Wheel Loader 42030 is modified with Efferman's steering. I updated it with an S-Brick so I could use the IR receivers and controllers for the Excavator. This was my first build and rather daunting at the start. The Excavator is set 8043, but built as a modified Jurgens Ultimate. This I built all from parts ordered on Bricklink and BrickOwl. I followed the instructions downloaded from the web. 

Excavator 8043.jpg

Volvo 42030.jpg

We should probably move comments like this to a different thread. Including my own.

I didn't mind the steering solution they came up with for 42030. It wasn't that smooth, but much like with the ball factory, I learnt something new from the solution they went with. It also highlighted how strong the servo is.

When doing the inventory BrickLink purchase for the ball factory, I actually did it all by hand. It was exhausting. I also found sellers by hand as well. Now, I import the parts lists and use many of the tools on offer in terms of automating seller choices. That said, I still remove the odd item, to see if I can reduce the overall cost by a significant amount. I also, once sellers have been chosen, check out their inventory, to see if they have anything else I feel I may need in the future, or really obscure stuff.

@rskamen  I should mention here, since I got caught out by it myself, that you will want to use something like https://bricksafe.com/ to upload images and post them here. You will still get a thumbnail and every. That said, you will avoid hitting the very small EuroBricks attachment limit. e.g. the limit is for all images ever. Rather than a limit on any one image.

All of the images of my ball factory, are uploaded to and linked from BrickSafe.

Ankoku, good idea about using Bricksafe. I am still pretty new to all of this and learning as much as possible from folks like you. I am only a few specialty bricks short of everything I need to start the Ball Factory. May begin one or 2 modules before I travel in October.Thanks

Hi,  I just finished my train module with loader and unloader, it runs well for several mins and all of sudden, it stoped work. Even the train unit by itself is not running, I changed the battery and still it only run for a little bit. Any one has the same problem or any one know what is happening. Many thanks!

29 minutes ago, Lixia75 said:

Hi,  I just finished my train module with loader and unloader, it runs well for several mins and all of sudden, it stoped work. Even the train unit by itself is not running, I changed the battery and still it only run for a little bit. Any one has the same problem or any one know what is happening. Many thanks!

hi there,

can you tell me what version you version you have built? i have v1 complete and working at the moment so i can help you if you post a video of what is happening.

thanks

55 minutes ago, 9v system said:

hi there,

can you tell me what version you version you have built? i have v1 complete and working at the moment so i can help you if you post a video of what is happening.

thanks

Hi, 9v thank you, I tried to upload the picture but I guess it limited the size. I possible need to put them on the brick safe first as mentioned by Ankoku earlier. 

I just built electric version. I am lucky that the problem I mentioned earlier has been solved, I found out it was due to the fiction between the wheel and the  other part, I removed the other part and problem solved. But I do have another new problem :-). The train box can not fit in the unloader smooothly, I do not know if it is because I do not have Slope 45 2 x 1 Triple with Bottom Stud Holder and Slope 45 2 x 1 Double - with Inside Bar. 

And I found when train unit was released, the unloader was lifted a little (maybe less than 2 degrees. I do not know is it because of this. Is this lifting normal after releasing the train?

59 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

@Lixia75 You may want to take the question here:

Hi, Ankoku, thanks for the reminder, I downloaded the instruction from the beginning of this post, 1 of 30 modules. Thanks for those guys hard work for the inverse engineering. So I asked question here! But thank you for the reminder! I believe I will have more questions to ask about this train module and I will go there. 

Today I paid for the Hockey lift instructions via Paypal but didnt receive any download link until now. Contact Formular in his site is also not working :sad:

Edited by Frequenzberater

To: Frequenzberater

Try to look at your SPAM/Trash bins. I found my instructions there.

7 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Ball cleaner?

@Ankoku Yes, I think this is one is quite a challange for me to build as a first GBC module.

Anybody got an idea on below green traced tile, how this is done? I’m not sure if this tile is split in 6-7 studs or full length 10-12 studs.

For the tile on the right I already have a modified square tile with 2 studs on top.

Edited by Juroen
Pictures no longer available.

2 hours ago, Juroen said:

Anybody got an idea on below green traced tile, how this is done? I’m not sure if this tile is split in 6-7 studs or full length 10-12 studs.

For the tile on the right I already have a modified square tile with 2 studs on top.

73D2E4AB-7A55-4BEB-B7F2-359B462F90F6.jpe

57C015D7-055F-40FD-A6F0-3DD3A30A311E.jpe

this part was hard to figure out but i believe akiyuki used this technique on both sides of the ramp as there is no way the tile can be one piece

1 hour ago, 9v system said:

@Courbet i have a cad file of an akiyuki style module but i need it made into pdf instructions, could you help me please? i can send the file to you.

I can give you tips but I don't make building instructions of models that I have not built physically.