Are you able to provide the length of ribbed hoses?

Approximate lengths are in the parts list but, as always, you should cut to the length you need.

Thanks, but I had only been using the PDF, not the bsx file, until now.

For anyone else interested, 6x 17L, and 3x 7L

Approximate lengths are in the parts list but, as always, you should cut to the length you need.

Are you able to provide the length of ribbed hoses?

It is 17 stud hose length, quite hard to get in red, but I was able to get some

Re Spiral Lift GBC, started building this today after it was posted, collected the parts some time ago - glad I did.

Anyway, cheers Blakbird and a big thank you to my friend 9v System for his effort.

OMR

Re Spiral Lift GBC, started building this today after it was posted, collected the parts some time ago - glad I did.

Anyway, cheers Blakbird and a big thank you to my friend 9v System for his effort.

OMR

Thanks, are you able to email a video of the spiral lift and basket shooter working?

@blakbird I'm building the basket shooter with the image that was found on the blog.

I thought of the crane loader as version 2 of that module which is why I didn't include the older version.

Oh, I get what you mean! Thanks for answering.

Here's another site that has instructions for the train loading and unloading modules.

http://www.moc-pages...r=moc&personid=

There are two unloading module instructions which mirror the unloading station. Two people have got different instructions for the actual train module. There are still no instructions for the reversing station and the track changers, but are easy to implement once you have studied the loading and unloading stations.

Thanks rasikaa, will definitely look into that!

Hello everyone,

I have build and made a file of Akiyuki’s Elevator using MLCAD like I did with Archimedes Screw a couple of weeks ago. My knowledge of MLCAD has improved so this time it’s a MPD file (zipped), with steps and rotation and a building sequence that make sense - hopefully less work for Blackbird ;-)

I have designed it as close as possible to the original as seen in 2011/09 Akiyuki’s blog entry. Nevertheless, some parts are never seen (the output from the XL motor for example) so my model might not be 100% Akiyuki.

Some more remarks:

- I didn’t find a way to add a clutch gear, and really don’t know if there was one in the first place, but imho the shock absorber prevents it.

- It is important to use a smooth axle joiner inside the transmission driving ring and to orientate it with the least friction like in Sheepo’s sequential gearboxes.

- it takes some time to adjust the length of the string and of the vertical rod, but once done the module works very well.

@Blackbird : I have reworked my Archimedes Screw file as a MPD as well with steps and rotation, tell me if you're interested or if it's too late.

I have build and made a file of Akiyuki’s Elevator using MLCAD like I did with Archimedes Screw a couple of weeks ago. My knowledge of MLCAD has improved so this time it’s a MPD file (zipped), with steps and rotation and a building sequence that make sense - hopefully less work for Blackbird

Excellent! I will put it on the list.

@Blackbird : I have reworked my Archimedes Screw file as a MPD as well with steps and rotation, tell me if you're interested or if it's too late.

It is not too late. I had already done the same thing making the file an MPD, but I had not added any building steps yet. I have been too busy working on supercars lately.

Here is a zipped MPD file of Archimedes Screw, with a building sequence... but still no ribbed hoses !

Hello everyone,

I have modified my MPD file of Akiyuki's Elevator by adding an indexer as seen in his Marble Run (and other more recent) video.

It's a simple addition, it really helps controlling the ball flow if you add another GBC module after it (like a... Marble Run perhaps?), the only drawback being that some balls get stuck in corners, only to be dislodged by the next batch.

GBC_Elevator_with_Indexer.zip

This might be interesting anyone willing to make a yellow invisible lift?

What part is that for the cup to cup?

What part is that for the cup to cup?

I wondered that too, as the cup seen in the video isn't available in yellow so it appears to be something else. I can't see anything obvious in the BrickLink catalog. I've posted a question as a comment on the video in youtube. Hopefully there will be a reply.

Regards,

David

Any more work to be done on this project?

I might start the ball cleaner, could be a realy good one.

Lego Technic Ball Cleaner today I tested the first part, in my opinion the most complex - valve timing and everything works very well other part will be the introducer device balls :classic:

Video:

I know Blackbird is busy with big white cars now but I'm still hoping my 2 previous mpd will get his treatment eventually.

In the meantime I'm working on Akiyuki's Crane Loader module, though I'm not sure I will succeed.

As a warm up, I have reproduced Akiyuki's GBC train as seen in the latest available video (Japan Brickfest 2015), is someone interested in that one ?

I have reproduced Akiyuki's GBC train as seen in the latest available video (Japan Brickfest 2015), is someone interested in that one ?

Yes please - a must have for show layout

decided to do one of the smaller/easier modules over the last 2 nights

Needs a little bit of tweaking - I'm thinking of altering the scoop arm hand a bit, so the sides are all 3l thin liftarms, so the sides are smoother - seems to get snagged on the pin hole a bit..

it's quite quick in one of the motions.. not sure if it's my valves, or cylinders

and only 1 minor error in the instructions that I could see :)

I thought there was a major error early on.. but I'd just used the wrong size thick liftarm!

and I think I'll extend the support frame a bit.. just to make it a bit more solid - or just attach it to a baseplate..

I would love to see some of these put out by the LG as sets

As good as this would be I highly doubt it would happen due to the amount of tweakin these modules have to have to get to work. They would have to be refined to the point where they can work out of the box

This thread is really awesome !

Thanks Blackbird and GBC community for all the hard work!

I'd like to take the opportunity of this thread to introduce my Website that will progressively centralize most of the GBC modules , hopefully wih a maximum of buiding instructions: http://www.planet-gbc.com

you can also have a look at:

If you wish to extend the challenge of making comprehensive set of instructions, just go to this section: http://www.planet-gbc.com/?page_id=961. Planet GBC lists the modules currently lacking of building instructions

Turbopolofr

Edited by turbopolofr