This week I have built the mountain. It consists of 5 modules and about 6000 parts. It is more than 2,50 meters long and weights more than 20 kilograms

24826436ei.jpg

24826448mh.jpg

24826502iw.jpg

24840780uq.jpg

24840769mr.jpg

24840776qf.jpg

At the moment I am positioning the ropeway-system. Next i will adjust the mast and the front part of the mountain. Afterwards a new station entry mast will be build, just like in the valley station. In the end details such as long walkways between the station and the mast will be added - after ordering the needed parts ;)

I really hope the ropeway still works after all this changes. Especially the robotic system with its sensors is very susceptible for mistakes. And rebuilding half the station and changing its whole geometry does not reduce this risc...

But we will see :)

I hope you like it.

well, i defenitly like it :thumbup: . This is a crazy huge build and i would never be able to do something like that!! Did you use real life mechanisms to make everything work right?

That's massive... wow.

I'm wondering - wouldn't it be better to use some non lego structire to augment the mountain a little higher? This, eventhough it's breathtaking, look a bit subtle since the actual elevation of the ropeway is so small. Maybe it's a 'lack of space' issue?

Thanks.

@roppie11: yes I oriantated myself at the original ropeway and its techniques. I tried to rebuild them as close as possible.

@krisandkris12: well, in fact my ropeway has not the biggest elevation. But this is not the most important point for me.

Especially the elevation between the mountain station and the mast, as it can be seen on the last picture, is quiet small. But this is just like the original ropeway. You can see that on the following foto:

DSCF2025.JPG

Oh yea, The 'final' slope before entrance to the top station looks spot on. I was more like talking about whole travel and the impression from it. But in fact, great impression is already granted given how special this model is :)

:cry2::cry3::wall::ugh: --- I grew up in the rocky mountains. Some of the best skiing in the world.... or at least in the Americas. Miss it greatly. I have moved all around since then, currently situated somewhere in the states that it doesn't really even snow. Damn I miss skiing. This is a greaet build but really made me miss skiing.

The steel construction between mast and mountain station is finished, including all the walkways.

Some impressions:

24932984jw.jpg

24933020hn.jpg

View from the station to the mast:

24933007xw.jpg

Walkways and working platform on top of the mast:

24933017qb.jpg

View from the mast to the mountain station:

24933070wq.jpg

The trafo for running the wheels went into the mountain:

24933042ob.jpg

A gondola passing by:

24933073ry.jpg

Next I will try running the ropeway with one gondola and adjust everything. But I am scared of testing it with all 4 gondolas more and more, I just do not believe that the programming still fits to the system...

That's amazing. I like the acceleration/deceleration in the stations, just like the real thing. The only thing missing is a couple of hundred minifigs with skis fighting to get it :grin:

Great build, absolutely amazing!

(I once started to try and build something like this myself, but I quickly got overwhelmed :sweet: )

I guess I forgot to show you pictures of the new foundation of the mountain station, so here they are.

at first the disassembly:

25164240uz.jpg

then I added about 200 technic beams and hundreds of pins to stabilize the 60 bottom plates:

25164326fx.jpg

The new, more original foundation. The front part includes spindels for the 4 carrying ropes and also the weight which keeps the right tenson on the pulling rope:

25164148ib.jpg

On the left the new weight, on the right the old one. Both have exactly the same weight.

25164136aj.jpg

The other part has some nice decals. I really like its proportions and overall look...just like the real thing.

25164212ra.jpg

25164458dm.jpg

I especially like this picture:

25164825eu.jpg

25164798cb.jpg

I spent the last days building the turnstile module. Yesterday the last sensors arrived, so I was able to assemble and programm everything. And after the first test I can say that the module works fine.

It contains 6 touch sensors, 3 micromotors and one RCX.

25291743vb.jpg

25291764bx.jpg

[media]

[/media]

A friend send me leds for the position lights on top of the mast - that was a really cool surprise :)

25291597ov.jpg

I modified them a little to make them look more like the red balls on top of the original mast. Unfortunately 2 leds are connected to one cable, so I was not able to install the new parts there yet...

25291624eb.jpg

25291710fr.jpg

[media]

[/media]

I also installed another motor to the conveyor system to get enough power for the two wheels between the curve and turnout. So totally there are 21 motors and 4 RCX in use now. When I tested the system after this modification the gondolas hit against the turnout and some gears broke, of course the ones just in the centre of the station... I really do not know why the gondolas blockade, I did not change anything in this area. I hope i can find and solve the mistake soon, but this seems to become difficult...

The old mechanics:

25291365ni.jpg

25291391lx.jpg

The two tires on the left are now powered by the lower m-motor:

25291466au.jpg

I hope you like the news. I will try to fix the problem in the conveyor system as soon as possible.

This is not something you see here on EB. While you have tons of wheels it doesn't look to be a a vehicle after all :grin: Keep improving your creation!

Thanks!

Here are some more details.

Signal lights on the turnstiles:

25369525iu.jpg

And a control panel, which is mounted in both stations in the original ropeway. It can be used to control all funtions individually:

25369653hb.jpg

25369562kb.jpg

25369625xp.jpg

It looks to massive I think, do you have ideas to improve it?

And an original "Zeta" gandola in scale 1:32. It can be connected to the Lego gondola drive, but it does not fit into the valley station unfortunately. It should look quite nice to see all 4 of them running in the system...

25369641iq.jpg

Edited by PistenBully 600

A new video, I got the Zeta to run and it runs even smoother than the Lego gondolas:

[media]

[/media]

But unfortunately the fully automatic operation with all gondolas does not work at the moment. Within every testdrive, there are new problems. The last 20 trys failed...but I will keep improving it untill it runs perfect again.