Well I have not built a model for a while. This is the fist one all year.

I have had plans to do a c model to the 42038 snow vehicle since it came out but since there have been at least a couple of other c models made to this set, One very good one by Buster Haus, I put my plans on hold a while.

The model has the following features.

Doors open close.

Front blade raise and lower via twin in cab lever. spring loaded to hold in up or down position.

Front blade adjustable to 5 positions left to right...with locking pin.

Front blade tilt via linear actuator running off PTO.

Central gearbox behind cab to switch between front and rear PTO.

Rear groomer raise and lower via twin lever next to rear tray . spring loaded to hold in up or down position.

Rear groomer tilt via linear actuator running off PTO. can adjust between rake only, rake and scrape, and scrape only.

Small crane behind cab can turn lift and winch.

Enjoy :)

800x428.jpg800x562.jpg

See all the pics at my bricksafe http://bricksafe.com...38-snow-groomer

Cheers Henry

Hi Henry

Very nice c model. Looks like a official lego model , how many parts are left from building this? And can you post a pic from the underside please.

Sieg

Great model! The proportions are excellent and nothing looks out of place.

I was looking at the two exhausts over the cabin and thought they would be linked to the linear actuators. An idea I may use for a future project.

I was looking at the two exhausts over the cabin and thought they would be linked to the linear actuators. An idea I may use for a future project.

Hi, The bevel gear behind the cabin is for turning the crane. The other bevel gear inside the rear tray is for the front and rear PTO i.e. the linear actuators. you can switch between front and back via the gearbox. the switch for the gearbox is here. not so easy to see a bit out of focus.. 800x600.jpg

Edited by rumpletump

This is the best alternative model built out of set 42038 I've ever seen. It's definitelly better than A model. Good job! :thumbup:

Has anyone been able to reverse-engineer this MOC from looking at the pictures, or has anyone tried in the first place? I've tried, but as I don't have very much experience with freebuilding with Technic, all I was able to get was the superficial stuff.

45 minutes ago, Huaojozu said:

Very nice! Definitely at least B model tier, if not A. Any hope for instructions?

Not from the creator, he said elsewhere that he sold this set and never made instructions beforehand.

6 minutes ago, cadre said:

There is another Snow Groomer from 42038 here with an lxf file.

I have seen that, and downloaded the lxf file. However, I also wanted to build this particular model.

On 11/15/2015 at 4:23 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

Nice! Well proportioned and not many pieces left... What more can you ask for in a C-model? :thumbup:

Instructions. Speaking of. Are there any instructions. I would love to build this! Very well done!