Sign in to follow this  
AardWolf

Linvale Falls

Ladies and gents, here is my most recent build for the Colossal Castle Contest XIII and for Lands of Roawia's LC 20. I present Linvale Falls:

22987359382_7935288bdc_c.jpg

22582468028_fff5c09aa1_c.jpg

22379605243_37c2fc42fb.jpg

Such a solid build, that makes me a little bit jealous in every possible way but only in a good healthy kind of jealous way :laugh:

Now that's a nice build! One of the best waterfalls I have seen so far. Besides, nice details on the layers of earth :)

Wow ! Great waterfall ! I love it !

I am a bit jealous of it as I want to build this kind off waterfall for my own medieval city :laugh: ...

I will surely borrow you some of your techniques :tongue: (and I will need more pieces...)

Great job ! :thumbup:

Great build and awesome waterfall. That rockwork is also very cool as it looks quite different from what you usually see. :thumbup:

The waterfall is beautiful and the whole scene looks great. I'm impressed with the rockwork and the layers in the soil help break up all the grey while looking pretty realistic. The bridge is nice and detailed, but taken as a whole, this just shows why Lego needs to produce more than just light and dark variations of grey! The vegetation looks fine except where it suddenly turns to bare dirt; I'm sure you had some reason for this but I think it would look better if it extended to the edge. My favorite parts are the dark grey "wet" rocks and the thin stream falling to the right of the main falls. This is one of the best waterfalls I've seen in Lego form, and the detailed building style you've shown in this, the big ship, iron furnace, etc is extraordinary. Excellent work!

I've been toying with the idea of building a huge historic bridge along a waterfall - immediately downstream, actually - and this is a good reference. Keep it up.