22359222963_28e99f9c44_b.jpg

"Damn ol' man! This was the last time!" Cedryc the Innkeeper came running out of the Leaking Barrel. "Where me coin? I've got enough dopey boozers here, I don't need a bilking wizard!" The old man mumbled an unintelligible song and tottered along the path. "I swear it to you, Perry, Coin now, or that door will remain closed for ya." The wizard stopped his waving walk immediately, pricked up ears and eventually turned around:" Cedryc? Is that you? Ah...my old ears. I thought I heard someone. What can I do for you?" "Don't take me for a fool- You heard me. Just foot the bill."

22562044577_5ab8b5910b_b.jpg

Peregryn Ratchett, the purple wizard straightened up, trying to pose with great dignity, and said:" You are in luck today, Mister Barliman. For I am a wizard, and not one of those smirking charlatans, who try to confuse the more simple men with their conjuring tricks. Nor I be one of those who speak with somber voice, moaning and talking of dark things to come, only to frighten the good rural men. I am a real wizard, and real wizardry is my craft. So speak, how can I serve you?"

"Oh no! Not again! I know your wizardry. What's with that 'enchanted frying pan` you gave me last time? You transfigured my daughters cat. Every time I put it on the fire it starts screaming miserably. And I cannot lay a fish in it without it vanishing."

"Meeeoow", the frying pan made a purring sound in Cedry's hand. "It takes great knowledge to cast such a spell. You should be aware of my skills. Once kings asked for my advice and many a noble lord beseeched me to grant him a glimpse into his fortune." "Ha! Fortune! say you what: If you really can let me have a look into future, then I forget about the bill."

Perry made a meaningful expression:"So be it. But you shall be warned! Even a small glance into a man's future could drive him mad. Neither do I have the possibility to destine the time and place of the vision, nor can I influence what you will see. Now we need something...a looking glass, ah, the kitten will do. Hold up the pan."

22991523261_d967911231_b.jpg

The purple wizard held his hand upon the frying pan, mumbling spells in a obscure deep voice, his eyes closed. Suddenly the bottom of the pan seemed to dissolve, and a sallow green light shimmered through. Then the vision came:

vision1.jpeg

22968023652_09a240913b_c.jpg

vision2.jpg

22967003082_17a04868a7_b.jpg

"Meeow!" The frying pan flew away and hit on the ground, now being the kitten again. "What? Where? Why??..What?" Cedryc, the poor Innkeeper cowered on the ground, still starring into the pictures, which now were burned into his mind. "Hm...That was not right. The effect was by far too strong. My poor Cedryc, I am afraight these things were not destined for your eyes. I warned you that I have now influence on it." Perry felt very sober now. He sank into deep thoughts about what he had seen:" Great things are about to come. War is coming to these lands again. The Black Spire's forces are on the rise. And the fate of the East, and maybe of all of Historica now depend on very few who are still bolt enough to challenge Lord Raavage. I must hurry. It seems that I have a part to play again in the greater story."

"What are you talking about?? What did you do to my eyes? Just get out of my head!" "I feel somewhat guilty for your current condition, though I did warn you. Maybe I can effect some other magic to help you out? But hurry, I' am busy now. I have to care about greater things than an Innkeepers daily worries." "Leave, just leave for king's sake! Forget about the bill- just go! What insanity to open a tavern in the bloody Darklands! I'll go back to Albion!" Cedryc ripped of the door and stumbled inside.

"You are right, my dear friend. There is no time to waste. I must go now. Hopefully it is't too late."

22792388090_632eb0ddf3_b.jpg

So this is my first contributin for our collaboration about the Nocturnus resistance. I hope you will like Perry Ratchett, the purple wizard. He will have a lot of screen time in future stories. I'm not so happy with the pictures of the vision. Originally I had something more nebulous in mind, but I wanted to finally post the story. Enjoy!

Edited by Jacob Nion

Great idea with the wizard hat from the witch figure. I love it.

Good tavern structure too.

Good work with the story and the pictures.

You sure did put a lot of effort into it.

And all this on a small baseplate.

Nice build all around, and I really like the story. The wizard also looks great, the witch's hat works great there. Looking forward to seeing perry again!

Great build and good story !

This wizard is a great character I think. Looking forward to see more of his story.

Excellent build, I especially like the wizard fig and the groundwork!

Great story also, looking forward to future parts :classic:

While the shape of the house is very nice, I can't help thinking that the uniform colors are a little bit too distinct compared to the rest of the build (especially the all black roof).

Yes, I like Perry Ratchett. :grin:

What a great creation of yours, both MOC and storyline. :thumbup:

It's been some time since we fought together in the civil war. And you've put out some fantastic MOCs in the meantime. And this is one of them.

That's pretty awesome! The landscape is very Nocturnian; very spiky. :P Love the inn, and that last vision pic, the dark version of the white tree, was pretty epic. Great work, Jacob!

Sweet build! The taller house looks superb, and that tree... :wub: Great landscape and use of perspective in the 'vision' pictures too :thumbup:

The MOC is good, but the idea of seeing the future in a pan is just amazing, and that future itself even a bit terrifying!

I like the build, but more impressed with the photo editing and story. Hope you come back in a few months and we see this inn burned to the ground or the inn keeper captured.

Great idea with the wizard hat from the witch figure. I love it.

Good tavern structure too.

Good work with the story and the pictures.

You sure did put a lot of effort into it.

And all this on a small baseplate.

Nice build all around, and I really like the story. The wizard also looks great, the witch's hat works great there. Looking forward to seeing perry again!

Great build and good story !

This wizard is a great character I think. Looking forward to see more of his story.

Excellent build! And I also, as its been said, love the use of the witches parts for a wizard.

Wow! That is one impressive MOC! Good work, Jacob!

That ground is awesome. I like how you use all those slopes but it still looks natural :classic:

I absolutely love that wizard!

Great job on this one. It has a small footprint but there is so much going on. Nice!

Thanks, glad you like it. I wonder why nobody came up with that head piece for wizard earlier.

Excellent build, I especially like the wizard fig and the groundwork!

Great story also, looking forward to future parts :classic:

While the shape of the house is very nice, I can't help thinking that the uniform colors are a little bit too distinct compared to the rest of the build (especially the all black roof).

Yes, I would have liked to use some other colours too, but my collection is not yet ready for this kind of landscapes.

Yes, I like Perry Ratchett. :grin:

What a great creation of yours, both MOC and storyline. :thumbup:

It's been some time since we fought together in the civil war. And you've put out some fantastic MOCs in the meantime. And this is one of them.

Thank you. So I assume you got the joke with the name. Then you will know what kind of wizard Perry will be ;)

Terrific work! Like I said on Flickr, I really like that curved doorway and tree. :wink:

Lovely colour scheme!

thank you!

Sweet build! The taller house looks superb, and that tree... :wub: Great landscape and use of perspective in the 'vision' pictures too :thumbup:

The MOC is good, but the idea of seeing the future in a pan is just amazing, and that future itself even a bit terrifying!

Awesome build! I love the wizard, and some great (if troubling) vision scenes!

Thanks. Originally I planned to make the vision more complex, e.g. giving the pics a round shape so that it would fit into a pan. But When all builds are finished, you just want to post it..

I like the build, but more impressed with the photo editing and story. Hope you come back in a few months and we see this inn burned to the ground or the inn keeper captured.

We shall see. But I'm sure the Innkeeper will pop up in some builds in the background.

"Great things are about to come. War is coming to these lands again. The Black Spire's forces are on the rise. And the fate of the East, and maybe of all of Historica now depend on very few who are still bolt enough to challenge Lord Raavage. I must hurry. It seems that I have a part to play again in the greater story."

I will mark these words, maybe it's time to make my own preparations... :wink:

So, as the others have already said: there is a whole lot to like about this build! The inn itself (I do like the all black roof!) looks great, has many interesting angles and that barrel detail. Lovely tree with the lilac leaves and thorns around the trunk. I love Perry (in fact I also planned on getting that CMF witch to make a purple wizard, but you were ahead of me :tongue:)!

But the thing that really sets this apart from other builds is the great story, with many in-brick scenes (matching expressions!) and even visions! :oh::thumbup:

I am not that fond of the terrain with the bigger slope pieces, personally I think plates and cheese slopes look just fine, but this is obviously of minor importance! Amazing work, Jacob, keep it up! :classic:

Another gorgeous build, Jacob - and what a forebooding story!

While I prefer the less "fantasy" style of your Skavenport builds, this is great too. Groundwork, tree, and inn all have some great techniques, especially the tudoring!