22528015864_5697a6b7e5_b.jpg

Poe's X-Wing3 by

Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

22528021824_d686684f2d_b.jpg

Poe's X-Wing4 by

Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

22986879421_7d18087e48_c.jpg

22353091844_388272cf3c_c.jpg

I got rushed a bit at the end getting this ready for BrickUniverse Dallas and I've got a lot of improvements in mind. But, I'd love to hear what y'all think and your thoughts on how I can make this better. Mainly, I'm struggling with the weight and sturdiness of the wings. I'm also not happy with the front section's slope or the gaps in the front of the engine. Regardless, I hope y'all like it and kudos to

thehornedrat for beating me to the punch

Edited by goatman461

Oh

My

God..

That is truly a thing of beauty!!!!

Maybe slighty more taper on the front lower wings and thicker engine outlets, but its breathtaking, overall!

Hot tamales! Nearly impeccable! The original set's thrusters look a litte too, well, little at this scale. Seriously though, the best UCS Poe's X-Wing I've seen.

Nice, you finally completed it! Is the fuselage to proper scale too?

Its just so hard to make the engines.

Is it more swooshable and more sturdier than mine? The brick built wings certainly look more solid that plate built ones that's for sure!!

I want to see more black 10240s!!!

Edited by thehornedrat

Those wings are just beautiful! The thrusters are quite small, and I think the nose could use some more work to taper more towards the front, but overall a fantastic model.

Thank you everybody. I'll keep an eye out for another thruster solution.

@thehornedrat - definitely not swooshible. the brick-built wings are a bit heavy, especially with the big guns which also cause a little drooping. the mechanism I used to open and close is also a bit fragile and it requires extra bricks to be added to stay open at the correct angles. It did however hold up very well this weekend at BrickUniverse Dallas and was approved by Lord Vader himself...

22651864469_4674790703.jpg

Vader Approved by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

Next stop is the Dallas Cityscape display between 12/10 and 1/3 at the Galleria Mall

Very nice! I think it looks extra aggressive when the wings are open, and extra smooth when closed.

The back part of the engines could definitely use some more meat on the bones, though.

I like how u snotted the wings and i imagine they would be heavy

do u have any pics of the opening mechanism? is it the same as the 10240? im planning to build my own t70 USc but the white and blue version because i have like no orange peices

Almost doesn't look like Lego... I got the basic Poe X-Wing for my wife this Christmas. Yours is sick. (Funny thoughts enter my mind to change it...)

Thanks for the comments.

@Joe - I don't have any pictures but it's basically 4 of these, the long ends line up flush and 2 of the short ends are pinned from the top and 2 pinned from the bottom. there is no gear mechanism. the wing positions stay in place by bricks or plates bracing them at the correct angles.

Thanks for the comments.

@Joe - I don't have any pictures but it's basically 4 of these, the long ends line up flush and 2 of the short ends are pinned from the top and 2 pinned from the bottom. there is no gear mechanism. the wing positions stay in place by bricks or plates bracing them at the correct angles.

Ok thanks

on the one im building i just used clicky hinges and thhey are no where near strong enough i might try this

thanks again

I completely forgot to comment on this! I must say, goatman, this is definitely one of your best. The sleekness and the wing details are stunning!

Thanks Tyrus.

I made some modifications and displayed this at an elementary school family night last week. I used stud shooters for the engines and shortened the guns.

24880631233_3674768b5a_b.jpgShorter guns. Thicker exhaust. by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

I had to leave the wings closed because my braces on the bottom wings weren't holding. But, everything did stay straight and together through many hours of table shaking. I hope to bring it to BrickFiesta in Houston this summer, so any suggestions for improvements are always appreciated.

This is awesome! I love the engine ducts! Great job on the model you have really captured the T70 X Wing! Lego should definitely make a UCS T-70 X Wing!