CopMike

EB Xmas Raffle 2015 - Your ideal Christmas tree entry thread

And the raffle is CLOSED :devil:!

As always so many great entries :wub: ! And a lot of you return year after year!

A quick count gets me 209 - a new record :wub: :wub: :wub: ! And there will be 6 winners each day = 144. So 144/209 gives you almost 69% chance of winning!

Is there going to be an early sneak peek at the prizes like last year?

Any updates on the prizes yet? :blush:

As you have seen so clearly - NO!

That´s because I wanted to be able to try to get the figs from the second half year sets and I haven´t gotten them to me yet!

BUT - I can say that this "might" be one of them:

dim009.jpg

and this one could pop-up:

dim010.jpg

What about this one?

sh184.jpg

The truth will soon be revealed!

My entry to this great raffle :)

23296306762_23731583fc_z.jpg

My wife also wanted to share her tree, although she is not a memeber, and this is not part of my entry :)

23036820669_7196772696_z.jpg

Edit below:

Awh, it would seem I was to late...

But then I think I must have missunderstood the time, as I thought 10pm GMT was in another 40mins or so...

Ah well, next year I shall be quicker...

Edited by Merlin

Christmas is great, but with all the snow, cold weather, and slush, we can get pretty sick of the weather sometimes, even though snow is very pretty. Thusly, I think many of us would be willing to forgo the lovely snow this year and head for... Santa Atoll! The most festive (and admittedly tiny) island on Earth! Also, there's sun, surf, and rum for all! So this Christmas, don't stay home, don't go to Christmas Island, go to Santa Atoll! Now with 99% more rum than Christmas Island!

Photos (Imgur): http://imgur.com/a/BUKn6

Edited by ManInATopHat

I missed the deadline anyway, but most conversion sites I've seen say it should've closed at 5 (my time) and not 4?

Wait, 144 Winners? This could be the first contest I have ever won... a Christmas Miracle!

Wait, can someone win twice?

Edited by LegoPercyJ

Not in the same year. Many people have won in successive years. CopMike would have a lot fewer entries if you could only ever win once.

This is Boba Fett's ideal Christmas tree (aka the most random tree he could find). As always, Fett is looking to get paid.

That is my signature minifig for those of you who didn't notice who Fett is bartering with.

img_2032.jpg

I know this was late, and had the time messed up because I live in New York, I apologize. Would appreciate it I could be entered in this raffle, if not, good luck to all, and great MOC's by all the participants.

Edited by Legoking

<p>Thanks as always for this lovely event Copmike. Here's my last minute entry:

My ideal Christmas tree reminds me of happy Christmases past, like this one which I built years ago this season:

22781482763_a12dc61c55_n.jpg_20151129_193047 by Kodiak Sanders, on Flickr

WAIT WHAT. AW NO. I DIDN'T SEE WHAT TIMEZONE THE CLOSING WAS. Darnit. Ah well. Good luck to everyone else. Thought I had over an hour left, turns out I was nearly three hours late.</P>

Edited by ultron32

Wait a second... okay, there's something wrong here. 10 PM GMT is 5 PM ET. EST is UTC-5. Alright, fine. But I know for a fact that I put my entry up before then. Why would I have put it up afterwards? I went to the site thinking I still had time, then saw it was closed. I didn't think it through and just went okay whatever. But no, now that I think about it, it's not right. Here' the email I sent to myself (from phone to laptop) with the images from my entry. You can see that time stamp is 4:24. Based on that, my post made it to the site at 4:41, not 5:41. Do the clocks on EB not follow daylight savings? Because here the clocks went back Nov. 1st. Something's wrong here, Mike.

EDIT: Resolved! Didn't know the EB clocks ran an hour ahead. I'm stupid. Thanks again, Mike.

Edited by ManInATopHat

Wait a second... okay, there's something wrong here. 10 PM GMT is 5 PM ET. EST is UTC-5. Alright, fine. But I know for a fact that I put my entry up before then. Why would I have put it up afterwards? I went to the site thinking I still had time, then saw it was closed. I didn't think it through and just went okay whatever. But no, now that I think about it, it's not right. Here' the email I sent to myself (from phone to laptop) with the images from my entry. You can see that time stamp is 4:24. Based on that, my post made it to the site at 4:41, not 5:41. Do the clocks on EB not follow daylight savings? Because here the clocks went back Nov. 1st. Something's wrong here, Mike.

It's a long standing issue here on EB and pretty well known. The clocks run one hour off and it's too much work to fix it. To mitigate it, I changed my personal time zone one over to correct for the site error. Here's the link to this stuff, see post #5. :

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71241#entry1320196

Edited by jluck

No.

Not in the same year. Many people have won in successive years. CopMike would have a lot fewer entries if you could only ever win once.

Got it. :thumbup:

Neat! I hope the Dimensions figs come with their bases, but I'll be happy either way. :grin:

Secret prizes can be fun. You don't know until you open the package. :wink:

Oh yeah, i so agree with you.

And looking at just the few revealed "could be" prizes so far, this is gonna be great. Well, even more great than it already is.

So many lovely entries. I have some 10 favorites already. So much thought and work putted into these builds. :wub:

So good for the christmas spirit !

Very cool of this contest to be a yearly thing with such generous prizes each time. Thanks for hosting CopMike. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

So, the prizes are secret or are winners allowed to pick?

I'm fine either way. Waiting is half the fun with Christmas really. :wink:

Oooh, those possible prizes look very interesting.

Good to know I entered on time.

Thanks for hosting this contest! :grin:

My entry to this great raffle :)

Edit below:

Awh, it would seem I was to late...

But then I think I must have missunderstood the time, as I thought 10pm GMT was in another 40mins or so...

Ah well, next year I shall be quicker...

Well shit... looks like I screwed up this year. Just got around to building my entry, seems as though I've converted my times wrong! :cry_sad: I thought 10 GMT was 5 EST, turns out it was 4. And so, here I am a half hour late. Crap. Oh well, here's my entry anyways. I think it's pretty funny so enjoy it, I'll go and sulk in a corner now. :cry_sad:

You two guys are in. I screwed up the time (maybe again this year :look: ) so I´ve included your entries.

So 209 entries - hooray :wub: !

209 entries, wow. That's a lot! Thanks for hosting this, I should have said that earlier, hehe.

You two guys are in. I screwed up the time (maybe again this year :look: ) so I´ve included your entries.

So 209 entries - hooray :wub: !

Weeee, thank you :)

And the raffle is CLOSED :devil:!

As always so many great entries :wub: ! And a lot of you return year after year!

A quick count gets me 209 - a new record :wub: :wub: :wub: ! And there will be 6 winners each day = 144. So 144/209 gives you almost 69% chance of winning!

As you have seen so clearly - NO!

That´s because I wanted to be able to try to get the figs from the second half year sets and I haven´t gotten them to me yet!

BUT - I can say that this "might" be one of them:

dim009.jpg

and this one could pop-up:

dim010.jpg

What about this one?

sh184.jpg

The truth will soon be revealed!

Looking good :-)

I won the unikitties lot last year, my daughter still loves them.

Oooh, the doctor is such a great figure.

Barely had time, but couldn't miss out on a tradition! Thanks for hosting another year of this!

advent2015.png

Sorry you're disqualified. It says tree, not trees. :tongue:

Our Christmas tree this year is going to be full of baubles containing tiny Disney Princesses (and other characters, too).

Snow White and Bambi will do the honours for this years raffle - thank you for organising it again, Mike! :wub:

23313314291_3992740545_c.jpg

I'll post all the figures closer to Christmas :)

I'm looking forward to it.

Steve

Sorry you're disqualified. It says tree, not trees. :tongue:

Mine is one tree! It just looks like two trees on top of each other. It's really one tree. I claim it. Mine is still in. Boom.

Thanks again, CopMike, for this fun thing!