jaapxaap

Free Build: The Sapphire Inn (CCC entry)

Hey all!

I just completed a new freebuild! (Or, actually i build this for the CCC, but it fits really well in Nocturnus... and I van post it here as well as use it as an entry) It's a haunted Inn, located somewhere in the dangerous deeplands of Nocty... and probably it isn't safe inside the Inn as well...

I haven't made a story yet,so you guys will have to do it with the pics for now :)

22925940376_5aba22ac92_z.jpg

22951959525_081f92f5ea_z.jpg

22533649168_e06bdf6512_z.jpg

I also made a video about the playable function! Not that high quality, but it shows how well this function works out :)

22330866453_0616cac4c4_z.jpg

I hope you guys enjoyed my build!

C&C welcome!

Cheers, jaapxaap

Very good build.

Nice play function

Maybe the Ghoul/Ghost should also leap forward in some way.

Maybe attach him to a pole, moved through the back of the house?

Where's the purple?!?!? :grin::wink:

On a more serious note, I really like those eyes stuck on the walls and the little play function. Not so sold on the trans-blue bits.

Nice build! My favorite part in this build is how the roof curves :classic:

This is seriously impressive! I love the details, you really did some nice work here. Keep it up!

Thank you guys!

Maybe the Ghoul/Ghost should also leap forward in some way.

Maybe attach him to a pole, moved through the back of the house?

I have actually thought about it, but i don't really have much space left in the house because of my timber technique.

But the real point why I dienst work out the idea is that i builded the function with a policeofficer minifigure... and aten i finished the chimney and half of the roofs I bought the 'spooky minifig' wich turned out to be higher than a normal figure, so actualy she can't go through the hole of the door :/

Where's the purple?!?!? :grin::wink:

On a more serious note, I really like those eyes stuck on the walls and the little play function. Not so sold on the trans-blue bits.

I'm actually a bit bored of the purple... wanna try new colours/ colour combinations.

The trans-blue are sapphires... but It's really hard with the trans blue, cause it will look like water pretty easy...

And I'm still trying to give it more a 'gem'-feeling...

Great build. I like the blue better than the purple too, more realistic in my eyes. I also changed the title a bit as I was just about to move this to the main forum ...

Excellent inn, jaapxaap, the dark blue roof is great, and for some reason I really like those eyes all over! :grin: Superb rock-work and neat function as well! :thumbup:

Great work here jaapxaap, especially with the roof and the function! Nice use of dark blue too! :thumbup:

the roof shaping is nice (it reminds me a lot of LDs inn who also had a dark blue roof and similar shaping). And of course I love the eyes in the walls :wub:

Very nice build, as kabel said, I like the dark blue a lot and it seems a little more natural than the purple, although nocturnus isn't necessarily natural! A very nice CCC entry that fits here nicely. Mine turned out quite the opposite, I have an inn for GoH finished, but when I read the CCC descriptions I added a nice little ghost so it fit there as well!

Gorgeous colorscheme, and parts use :wub: Those black flex tubing parts are especially clever, and I love the function you included :thumbup:

Congrats on being blogged on The Brothers Brick too :classic:

Very well done, here! Love the feel and the colors! And while the whole could be called a bit messy (I'm not so sure about those eyes...) I really like the techniques used here! Very well done!

I know someone asked this all ready, but purple is your thing. Where's the purple? But seriously great job on the building and bottom half stone work.