Iria

Elves: Episodes and Media Thread

Great, they were lovely.

Only I'm not onboard with the whole 'talking to the camera' thing. There are no camera's in Elvendale, so who are they talking to??

Reminds me of the South Park episode where Jersey is trying to take over the USA. In it Sheila starts talking to a invisible camera, and when asked what she's doing she says "it's a Jersey thing".

So is this, like, "an Elvendale thing" now? :wink:

I wonder when the full length episode will be released. I can't wait.

Update: I just looked at the 'explore' part of the site and found a bunch of cool stuff, go check it out!

http://www.lego.com/...s/elves/explore

Personally I can sort of justify it by assuming Emily might've brought a camera with her to Elvendale for those videos. After all, it's not like it's a time-travel scenario where she can't bring modern technology with her (in one of last year's shorts, she even had an MP3 player), and I can imagine that the Elves would be amused enough by the technology to come up with dumb things like this. :P

Update: I just looked at the 'explore' part of the site and found a bunch of cool stuff, go check it out!

http://www.lego.com/...s/elves/explore

Oh, awesome! That section wasn't there when I checked the site this morning! The comic's a bit rudimentary (some of the text boxes aren't pointed at the characters very well), but still a cool way to convey the story for people who haven't read the book or seen the TV special (the latter of which isn't even out yet).

The App section has been updated too! When I checked earlier the video wasn't there and the app wasn't on the U.S. app store yet, but now both those things are fixed!

Personally I can sort of justify it by assuming Emily might've brought a camera with her to Elvendale for those videos. After all, it's not like it's a time-travel scenario where she can't bring modern technology with her (in one of last year's shorts, she even had an MP3 player), and I can imagine that the Elves would be amused enough by the technology to come up with dumb things like this. :P

Exactly, I agree. Plus in the episode Crib Notes, Emily had a video camera. She recorded each character talking about their home, so obviously she brought the camera to Elvendale.

Thanx Lyichir, that's a good way of looking at it.

The Elves just liked the idea, maybe Emily showed them some shows from our world. Tidus loved 'The Dog Whisperer' and started to make his own 'Dragon Whisperer'.

It could be all the rage in Elvendale, talking to, or pretending to talk to, a camera. Because in some shots we see Farran talking, but there clearly is no camera he's talking to in the next shot. So it's just a funny things the Elves do since they met Emily.

The new LEGO Elves TV special "Dragons in Danger to Save" will be airing in the United States this Sunday, March 6 at 9:00am EST! :D It's one hour long so it shouldn't feel as rushed as last year's TV special "Unite the Magic".

The new LEGO Elves TV special "Dragons in Danger to Save" will be airing in the United States this Sunday, March 6 at 9:00am EST! :D It's one hour long so it shouldn't feel as rushed as last year's TV special "Unite the Magic".

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to it.

What an awkward-sounding title. Still, I can't wait!

I thought so too, but I guess it's part of the riddle in the movie, so they jumbled up the words in order to make 'em rhyme.

Great to hear it's gonna be an hour long.

Did anybody notice that some information on the official site has been removed? For a couple of days there were pages for Ragana, Gust and the Dragon Queen Elandra, but now they are gone.

One picture on the Ragana Character page showed her as a kid, with other kids (including Johnny Baker (still a terrible name)) in the background. So I guess we'll be seing at least one flashback in the upcoming movie.

I thought so too, but I guess it's part of the riddle in the movie, so they jumbled up the words in order to make 'em rhyme.

Great to hear it's gonna be an hour long.

Did anybody notice that some information on the official site has been removed? For a couple of days there were pages for Ragana, Gust and the Dragon Queen Elandra, but now they are gone.

One picture on the Ragana Character page showed her as a kid, with other kids (including Johnny Baker (still a terrible name)) in the background. So I guess we'll be seing at least one flashback in the upcoming movie.

I noticed. :sad:Some of the images are still available if you can guess the URLs, and I would expect the same to apply to Ragana's, but I haven't had much luck figuring all of them out. But I do remember the shot of Johnny Baker, who from the looks of it was one of the only elves who wasn't teasing Ragana for her weaker magic. Almost looked like he might have had a crush... :blush:

I noticed. :sad:Some of the images are still available if you can guess the URLs, and I would expect the same to apply to Ragana's, but I haven't had much luck figuring all of them out. But I do remember the shot of Johnny Baker, who from the looks of it was one of the only elves who wasn't teasing Ragana for her weaker magic. Almost looked like he might have had a crush... :blush:

Yeah you're right about Johnny. I saved the pictures before they were gone, but somehow I'm never able to post them here. Could somebody enlighten me?

Google has cached versions of the removed character pages: EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason the cached links literally just stopped working for me. :sceptic:

Ragana

Elandra

Gust

Also, the LEGO Club website has a new article that reveals Ragana's full name is Ragana Shadowflame.

And to top things off, there are two new character videos on YouTube: one for

and another for
! Edited by Aanchir

The special was cute. Ragana was a bit more over-the-top than I thought she'd be, but it was fun. It was also neat seeing all the random extra Elves throughout the episode. I wonder how old all the elves are since they were in the same class as Ragana (although Azari was oddly missing). Strange also that they didn't recognize her.

Wow, the new Lego Elves special was amazing! Great story, great acting, great pacing, great music, great animation... it's a huge improvement over the rushed and slightly stilted special from last year.

For anyone curious, the actors for the new characters are Vincent Tong (Tidus), Racquel Belmonte (Sira), and Heather Doerksen (Ragana).

The LEGO Elves special was everything I expected it to be and more! A huge step up from last year's TV special, which I already thought was great in its own right. Fantastic writing, animation, voice acting, humor, action, and music. I loved all the new characters and locations. It makes me excited to see more webisodes, and to get my hands on some of the sets! Disney Channel inserted some commercial breaks in odd places but other than that I've got no complaints. :classic:

I hope this special is later put up on YouTube like last year's was, though I'd also be content with it just being put on Netflix.

The new Lego Elves special was magic ! Great decors and animations.

So many good ideas for Mocs !

Edited by Euphorine

Gah! Reading your comments, I really want to see it already D:

Same here. Now I really can't wait. Hopefully it'll pop up on Youtube or the official site soon.

I enjoyed the special as well. My son and I watched it together. The graphics were beautiful, seeing more of Elvendale was delightful. Can't wait to get my hands on the sets. I would love to expand some of them, to look more like they did in the special. Too bad my wallet can't handle that right now. Maybe someday. I hope the special is uploaded to youtube soon. I'd like to get screenshots of Elvendale.

My son and I had been pronouncing Sira wrong this whole time. We were saying it like S-eye-ra, haha.

If you want you can see the Lego Elves Special TV on my Facebook here.

https://www.facebook...58441087755040/

The audio quality is a bit wonky but at least I can finally watch it! <3 Thank you! <3

edit: Oh no... it's broken right after Sira starts talking aout her airship :(

Edited by FortNerd

If you want you can see the Lego Elves Special TV on my Facebook here.

https://www.facebook...58441087755040/

Thank! You! :thumbup:

The audio quality is a bit wonky but at least I can finally watch it! <3 Thank you! <3

edit: Oh no... it's broken right after Sira starts talking aout her airship :(

Mh, for me it worked just fine, I could see the whole thing.

It was great, way more world building, and travel scene's. Made Elvendale more of a real place to me.

But where was Dusti, from the 'Ragana, Jynx and Dusti Character spot'? That also had a lot of shots not from the movie, something to look forward to in the next ep- or webisode.

Sorry for the poor quality of the video. Normally, I don't have Disney channel USA. I'am French. I managed.

I think the special Disney TV movie, is the beginning webisodes. Dusti appear perhaps after in webisodes.