Iria

Elves: Episodes and Media Thread

I'm fairly sure the "Dragon Queen" is in fact the Love Dragon, since that's the one character we know to be captured and Regana is pretty clearly an antagonist.

I agree Lyichir.

We'll find out on January 26th when the book is released who the Dragon Queen is though. I'm definitely picking up a copy of this one, sounds intriguing.

I got a paper catalog and had a closer look at that tiny teaser of a castle. It looks like our Dragon Queen is struggling against a beam of green energy, or perhaps green poisonous water, same as in the poisoned spring in the Fire Dragon set.

The Lego Elves website has been updated with a teaser site.

http://www.lego.com/en-gb/elves/teaser

Follow Emily to Elvendale

Once again March brings new magic to Elvendale – but this time much darker powers grow near…

In the meantime you can get to know more about Emily Jones, the four Elves and what they are up to in Elvendale.

The artwork is amazing. There's a new view of the dark castle in the background.

Edited by OmShanti

Found this great image of the new dark castle with the love dragon chained up. I just adore the design of this castle.

24047705780_f95970d2cb_z.jpg

"The Dragon Queen" book is out. It definitely feels like they're going to make another animated special to base it on. I'm personally looking forward to how they do Regana, Tidus, and Sira (even if they're only called "the witch," "the Dragon Trainer," and "The Sky Captain" in the book, annoyingly).

I'm definitely going to pick up the book tomorrow, it sounds intriguing. It would be so awesome if they did another special, although a full length feature would be better. It's too bad the side characters are not referred to by their names.

New LEGO Elves 2016 teaser videos have been released on YouTube! The titles and descriptions are in Italian, but only the last of them has narration, while the others just have English musical tracks... including a sample of a new song!

What a great find, thanks for sharing! Those videos get me really hyped for the new episodes. The new song is great. The dragons are amazing. Ragana looks so sinister, I love it.

What a tease these are, I want to see more! Looks like we'll finally get to see some real battles in this theme, woo hoo.The new song works well with this year's story line. The new characters all look great too. Sira Copperbranch the Sky Captain (green haired girl), has a bit of a Steampunk look to her. She almost fits right it with this year's Ninjago sets.

Posting these video images here for reference, so I don't have to keep going back and pausing. (Regana looks delightful insane)

24156832904_b5014f4e7d_n.jpg

24691487391_21a69162e6_n.jpg24156830564_2058d345ed_n.jpg

Loving these new trailers. The animation is still a bit rough at some points, but much improved from last year's mini-movie, which is good to see. The only thing that frustrates me is that it's not clear if they got any new voice actors to voice the new characters. Not knocking on those voice actors' skills — they generally do a good job ensuring the characters don't sound exactly the same. Still, it'd be nice to bring in some new talent as well.

Sira's airship looks way cooler in the Sira & Tidus video than in the set. The set's not awful for a polybag (it's got some creative building techniques, in the very least), but it could really do with some controls. I hope maybe Sira appears in a future year of sets with a larger and more impressive airship. Maybe she and Aira could even build one together. :classic:

Not sure how accurate this is, but Christoffer Høyer (who composed "If You Dare to Believe") has posted on his website that "The first Lego Elves film was released in March 2015, airing in 30-50 countries on Disney Channel, Netflix etc….Three more films will be released in 2016."

Edited by Aanchir

Not sure how accurate this is, but Christoffer Høyer (who composed "If You Dare to Believe") has posted on his website that "The first Lego Elves film was released in March 2015, airing in 30-50 countries on Disney Channel, Netflix etc….Three more films will be released in 2016."

Hmm. I wonder if it will be a longer movie split into three ~25min segments, which be excellent. Last year's movie was nice, but far too rushed. With ten sets this year, three additional characters, and a more complex story there is certainly enough material to make a three part movie.

Has this book been mentioned yet? I think it has, but this looks like a new cover.

http://lego-elves.bl...activity-book-2

The title translates to Dragon Adventure

Edit: http://www.booktopia...0241272527.html

Ooh thanks, I'll update the links in the first post soon. That is a nice mini lego set that it comes with too. Is that a new colouring for the 4x3 leaf? Or maybe a mis-colouring?

Edited by Iria

Great News! Yeah, Unite the Magic was really rushed. I also got the idea, from watching the trailers, that this years movie might be longer, I saw shots that I couldn't remember from the book.

In other news:

I came across this:

http://www.meisenmaas.nl/magazines/230/lego-elves-magazine/

It's the distributers site of Lego magazines for the Netherlands, and it says that the new magazine will be available on march 17th. It also says that the frequency is 2 twice a year.

Ooh thanks, I'll update the links in the first post soon. That is a nice mini lego set that it comes with too. Is that a new colouring for the 4x3 leaf? Or maybe a mis-colouring?

I had seen a prelim cover for this on Amazon, but this is more finalized! Good to know that the owl it comes with is in fact Owlyver, since the prelim cover wasn't clear which of the two owls we've gotten would be included.

The color correction on the pieces in that book seems a little off—the Reddish Brown parts also look a little faded. So the leaf is probably just Medium Lilac (Dark Purple) like some of the others in this year's sets.

Edited by Lyichir

New Lego Club Magazine came today. It has a Special Elves Edition Yellow Brick Mini Magazine. The minimag has a shorter version of the story from the book The Dragon Queen, with a few screenshots from the movies coming out this year, and a Fire Dragon's Lava Cave pull out poster.

Edit: Sorry for the crappy photos, taken with my ancient phone.

25379868405_524ed4f5f7.jpg25084259740_7c605dc050.jpg

24753144693_07bba35399.jpg25084259470_c0d27bc7e2.jpg

View larger at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138551342@N06/

Great News! Yeah, Unite the Magic was really rushed. I also got the idea, from watching the trailers, that this years movie might be longer, I saw shots that I couldn't remember from the book.

In other news:

I came across this:

http://www.meisenmaa...elves-magazine/

It's the distributers site of Lego magazines for the Netherlands, and it says that the new magazine will be available on march 17th. It also says that the frequency is 2 twice a year.

Thanks for the info. I wish the magazine was available for US fans. It would be nice to be included, or at least be given an option to have it shipped if it's not sold in stores.

Edited by OmShanti

Two brilliant new webisodes have been released on the LEGO Elves website! They take place after the events of "The Dragon Queen", but I don't think you need to have read it to enjoy them.

"Safety First"

"The Dragon Whisperer"

The characters page has also been updated. The five main character pages have new images, and there are brand-new character pages for the three new elves and the two adult dragons. Ragana's cat is named Jynx. I still kind of wish the LEGO Elves site had pages on all the animals and baby dragons!

Two brilliant new webisodes have been released on the LEGO Elves website! They take place after the events of "The Dragon Queen", but I don't think you need to have read it to enjoy them.

Great, they were lovely.

Only I'm not onboard with the whole 'talking to the camera' thing. There are no camera's in Elvendale, so who are they talking to??

Reminds me of the South Park episode where Jersey is trying to take over the USA. In it Sheila starts talking to a invisible camera, and when asked what she's doing she says "it's a Jersey thing".

So is this, like, "an Elvendale thing" now? :wink:

I wonder when the full length episode will be released. I can't wait.

Update: I just looked at the 'explore' part of the site and found a bunch of cool stuff, go check it out!

http://www.lego.com/en-us/elves/explore

Edited by Vampirerichard