Iria

Elves: Episodes and Media Thread

Welcome to the Elves episode and other media discussion thread. Feel free to share & discuss Elves episodes, non-set products, advertising, etc that you find.

2017 Media:

Part 3: The Capture of Sophie Jones

tumblr_oj8jambobo1uld1vho1_1280.jpg

Webisode 18 – Sophie’s Capture

Unknown to Emily Jones, her little sister, Sophie, follows her through the secret portal to Elvendale where she is captured by the evil Goblin King. Emily and the elves have no idea what dark powers they will have to overcome to save Sophie, or the difficult choices they must make if they want to protect Elvendale from the real world…

Webisode 19 – Welcome to Elvendale!

Sophie Jones can’t believe her own eyes! Elvendale is amaaaazing! Magical animals and creatures, landscapes, a squirrel that can speak cat and – of course – dragons. The elves love her, but is Elvendale safe for real-world little sisters?

Webisode 20 – Evil Apprentice

Ragana is looking for a super baaaad evil apprentice to help her out with the odd evil jobs around Elvendale. But is the Goblin King too evil to be her apprentice? He definitely has ambitions of his own…

Webisode #21 – How I Lost My Mother

As a young boy, Cronan watched his mother become consumed by anger after her four elf sisters chose Skyra to guard the portal to Earth. As she was swallowed up by darkness, Cronan vowed to save her.

Webisode #22 – Goblin Talent Show

Emily Jones and the elves have reached the Goblin Village where Sophie is held prisoner. While the goblins are busy putting on a magic talent show it’s time to get creative, distract the goblins and rescue Sophie!

Webisode #23 – How to build a sweet ride

Aira makes a tutorial video as she builds a fantastic Fire Chariot for Azari, a getaway Gondola for Naida and a very advanced Airship for herself to help them track down the goblins. As always anything is possible with a little borrowing magic and the help of her friends.

Webisode #24 – Dragon Tale

Tidus may call himself the Dragon Whisperer, but he still has a thing or two to learn about getting baby dragons to go to sleep. Maybe Emily and Sophie can teach him a trick or two – if he can stay awake long enough to take notes!

Webisode #25 – Teamwork

Cronan charms Emily into taking a trip down the river in Naida’s Gondola. Sophie has a bad feeling about this guy and acts fast to keep an eye on him. As their trip takes an unexpected turn, they need to work together to find their way back. But can they trust Cronan?

Webisode #26 – Sophie’s Point of View

There was a time when Sophie Jones thought the worst thing in the world was to have Emily babysit her. Now she would give anything to be with her sister. She fears for Emily’s life at the hands of the evil Goblin King. Can Sophie keep the amulet safe? And what will the Goblin King do when he finds out Emily doesn’t have it?

Webisode #27 – Queen of the Forest

The Evil Forest wasn’t always controlled by dark powers. As Rosalyn tells Emily and the elves the story of how she became Queen of the Forest, they begin to understand what they’re fighting for – and against. What they must do next seems almost impossible…

Webisode #28 – Potions in motion

Farran and Naida help Rosalyn brew the healing potions they need for storming the Goblin King’s Fortress. Potions are tricky to work with, so of course the two young elves are eager to prove they have what it takes to do it right!

Webisode #29 – Sizeable refreshment

The Goblin King sends Sophie to the Goblin Village and has a big surprise waiting for Emily and the elves when they sneak into the Fortress on a rescue mission. Sophie may not have any magic to get herself out of a tight spot, but she sure makes use of the powerful gift she has! Can the elves finally save her?

Webisode #30 – Bring The Heat

Azari and Aira don't see eye-to-eye on how their new chariot should look. Is speed, bling, flame-throwers or a snack bar the most important thing? They can't stop arguing. Until someone else makes sure they have to!

Webisode #31 –  Goblin Intern

Robelin the goblin goes door to door in the Goblin Village, looking for a job. He's happy to help cutting crystals, building traps, and even planting seeds for evil plants. Not everyone appreciates his hard work, or humble apologies, but who cares? Another big pay day is just around the corner!

Webisode #33 – The Final Battle

Emily, Rosalyn and the elves prepare for the final battle against the Goblin King. It's time to rescue Sophie and save Elvendale and the human world! They have all their potions ready, but in the end, they will need a much stronger magic to defeat the Cronin!

2015-16 Media:

2en5mj6.jpg

2016 Media:

Movie

"Dragons to Save, Time to be Brave"

&

Emily and the magical elves join on a quest to save the Dragons from an Evil Witch.

(Note: Not yet available in all countries.)

Episodes

: Change from Within

Ragana asks the Shadow Fountain for advice. She wants to change. She wants to be nice! With the best of plans, help from her trusty sidekicks Dusti and Jynx, and a little luck, her plans seem to work…

: Crystal Clear

The two adventurous elves, Naida and Sira, embark on an expedition to the Crystal Mines. Sira wants a few nice decorations for the Starlight Inn. But only until Naida uncovers the mysteries of the mines…

: Point of View

Is Elvendale dull, full of beautiful magic or dark powers and despair? Emily, the elves and Ragana see the same world very differently, but who is right and who is wrong?

Webisode #14: Hairy Styles

Emily and the elves get caught in a thunderstorm on their way to the great Elvendale Ball. Skyra helps them with outrageous magical makeovers. With all their magic combined, it should be easy to create the perfect look!

Webisode #13: One is More Fun

Ragana decides to throws a Halloween party at her Shadow Castle to show everyone in Elvendale a dark and scary good time! With Dusti the fox and Jynx the cat on the party committee, she can’t miss.

Webisode #12: No Pain, Just Gain

The young Ragana struggles with her weak powers at the magic school. She refuses to let anyone help her. Then she discovers the Shadow Fountain and makes a decision that will change her life forever.

: The Struggle is Real

Azari promises Sira that she, Emily and all the elves will look after the Starlight Inn while Sira is away.

Webisode #10: Born to do

Aira gets to work with Tidus at the School of Dragons for a day.

Webisode #9: Rumor Has It

Emily and her elf friends want to get to know Sira the Sky Captain and Tidus the dragon trainer better.

Webisode #8: Drag Race

Elvendale’s Annual Dragon Race is on!

Webisode #7: The Dragon Whisperer

What are the Elves going to do about their moody, lazy, grumpy and messy dragons? Is Tidus the dragon trainer really the great dragon whisperer he claims to be?

Webisode #6: Safety First

It’s dragon-riding time, and as always, Farran takes safety very seriously. Azari, on the other hand, has no patience for talk! What could possibly go wrong?

Other Clips & Media

Trailer

Generic Trailer. Join the LEGO® Elves on their latest magical adventures! A dark power threatens to take over Elvendale – it’s time to take a stand…

Apps Game App : "Elves: Adventures in Elvendale". Help Emily Jones and the LEGO® Elves save Elvendale! Discover your magical powers, solve puzzles, and let the story unfold as you play this match-3 game from LEGO! Invite up to three friends to play with you, unite your magic, and rescue the Queen Dragon! Let’s do this!

Comic Read the Lego Elves comic online

Books

The Dragon Queen (LEGO Elves: Chapter Book #2) - Available on 26 Jan 2016

"The dragon queen and her eggs have been captured. Can Emily and the elves hatch a rescue plan?" 128 pg.

Dragon Adventures (Activity Book # 2)- Available on 31 May 2016

"The mystery of LEGO: Elves continues! This book is packed with stories, games, and activities about the elves. Includes a buildable LEGO minifiset." 32 pg.

Magazine Articles

Lego Club Magazine: Dragons, Magic, and an All New Adventure -Mar/April 2016

Art

Introducing Elvendale's first true villain: Ragana

ztuc74.jpg

2015 Media:

legoelves_characters_banner_1128w.jpg?l.r2=-1010692898

Movie

Mini-movie - Unite the Magic

Emily befriends four magical elves that join her on a quest through Elvendale to find the portal back home.

Episodes

Webisode 1 : Crushing It

Emily and the elves are testing if somebody is having a crush.

Webisode 2 : Elves got Talent

Emily and the elves convince Naida to dance again and together they make a new dance routine.

Webisode 3 : Crib Notes

Emily gives you a sneak peek into the wonderful Elvendale.

Webisode 4 : Never Cave

The elves tell Emily a weird story from when they were teeny-tiny kids.

Webisode 5 : Another Kind of Magic.

The elves help Emily celebrate the holidays.

Other Clips & Media

Behind the Scenes "Join us on a journey behind the scenes where the real magic happens. From early concepts and character design, to creating the beautiful LEGO Elves products, ending with the amazing process of bringing Emily, the Elves and Elvendale to life in the original LEGO Elves animated series."

Music Video : If You Dare to Believe. You also download the MP3 here.

Dance Along Video - Dance with Emily and the Elves

Do you want to dance? Sing and dance to the music “If You Dare to Believe" with your friends together with Emily and the elves.

Character Spots

Meet Azari

Meet Aira

Meet Emily Jones

Meet Farran

Meet Naida

Apps

Game App : Unite the Magic. "Are you ready to become part of the magical adventures in Elvendale? Download the free LEGO Elves app, and help Emily and the Elves on their amazing quest! Help the LEGO® Elves find and collect funny, curious and beautiful magic objects in Elvendale. Solve puzzles to recover the magic keys from Red Mountain, Sky Castle, Lava Field, Sparkle Rock and Izdur Ocean, and cast spells to reveal secret hiding places or find clues."

Books

Quest for the Keys(LEGO Elves: Chapter Book #1) - Available 25 Aug 2015

"When a human girl enters a portal into the land of the elves, she's in for an journey full of action, magic, and friendship!"

LEGO Elves: Activity Book #1 - Available 01 Nov 2015.

Packed with puzzles and stories, this activity book includes a buildable LEGO bracelet.

Magazine Articles

Lego Club Magazine Special Edition : LEGO Elves - An Epic New Adventure in a Magical World - Release March/April 2015

The magazine features an article on the Elves and Emily's adventure, her grandmother and the five elf sisters. You can also do a short quiz to find out what elemental power belongs to you. I got wind.

"There were five elf sister whose love was strong. Each belonged to a different element - Fire, Air Earth and Water - expect one, who didn't have any magic powers at all."

Lego Club Magazine Issue #2 : LEGO Elves - Magic is Here if You Dare to Believe

A lot of identical content to the Special Edition magazine above. This one includes a map and instructions to building your own Elves elemental medallion out of LEGO.

LEGO Club Magazine Special Edition : LEGO Elves - Flight For the Final Key! - Release Sept/Oct 2015

Includes some short quizzes, otherwise not much content on the Elves.

Various Elves magazine available in certain European countries only (UK, France...). These magazine tend to come with a bunch of bonus items including posters, postcards and minisets including Enki the panther and Flamy the fox.

Edited by Iria

This is perfect! There's a part in Webisode 5 that I couldn't quite understand and I wanted to ask someone. :classic:

What exactly did Farran say after saying "it's a stick" in the scene where Emily was opening the gift?

It's interesting how Skyra (whom I believe to be a wind elf) is so powerful that she can control what happens in the sky (hence her name Skyra?) and can make snow appear! When I first saw that, I thought she might be a snow/ice elf as she can give the first impression of being a little cold-hearted. :blush:

Did the snow she created awaken the white dragon at the end? Its white and icy design definitely makes me think of ice. I'm not familiar with the concept of elementals, but can ice be a new element to be discovered next year?

The white dragon is clearly an important part of the next year's storyline, as its picture is included on the new box design. I think it would be cool if the dragon turned out to be a fifth elven friend of Emily's who had somehow gotten trapped in the dragon body... I'm not really into dragons, but since I like LEGO Elves, I'm looking forward to what will happen in Elevendale next year.

Edited by Maya

I think Farran says "It's a stick... for when you plant stuff."

I think Farran says "It's a stick... for when you plant stuff."

Oh, that's exactly right! Now that you said it, I could hear it! :blush: Thanks!

It's interesting how Skyra (whom I believe to be a wind elf) is so powerful that she can control what happens in the sky (hence her name Skyra?) and can make snow appear! When I first saw that, I thought she might be a snow/ice elf as she can give the first impression of being a little cold-hearted. :blush:

Skyra is definitely a wind elf. It is interesting she can create snow. Maybe elves of the same element have different powers (Aira= wind, Skyra= weather? or perhaps just ice/snow specifically?). She is cold-hearted, but that's because she lost one of her sisters, who turns out to be Emily's grandmother. Emily does seem to be able to warm Skyra's heart up occasionally.

Did the snow she created awaken the white dragon at the end? Its white and icy design definitely makes me think of ice. I'm not familiar with the concept of elementals, but can ice be a new element to be discovered next year?

The white dragon is clearly an important part of the next year's storyline, as its picture is included on the new box design. I think it would be cool if the dragon turned out to be a fifth elven friend of Emily's who had somehow gotten trapped in the dragon body... I'm not really into dragons, but since I like LEGO Elves, I'm looking forward to what will happen in Elevendale next year.

I didn't even notice the dragon on the box! I think the white dragon is a wind dragon though. Lavender and white have so far been associated with the wind elves + wind animals (Pegasus, Skyra's owl, Aira's bird). So far in the 2016 set images we do see brick built fire, water and earth dragons but no wind dragon yet. So I'm sure this white dragon will play a special role in later sets and maybe episodes. The icyness of the white dragon is a bit confusing. I think LEGO may just be grouping it with the wind elemental. I like your idea about a friend being trapped inside of the dragon's body. That would be a very interesting story!

The Elves' minimovie already revealed the fifth element : love :wub: . It is Emily and her grandmother's element. Kinda cheesy, but alright. Part of Emily's power, I think, is to bring people together and bring out the best in them.

Edited by Iria

I can definitely recommend the chapter book to anyone who has enjoyed the webisodes. It's an adaptation of the TV special, but it goes into a lot more depth about certain things, and the confrontation with Skyra is a lot more dramatic (there's an actual magical fight scene, even)!

Among other things:

• Emily's parents are scientists.
  • Emily is named for her grandmother. Her grandfather's name was Richard Jones.
  • When Emily was a child her grandmother would tell her stories about magical creatures.
  • In the book, Emily doesn't just stumble upon the portal in her grandmother's garden, she is led to it by following Skyra's owl Nascha.
  • Naida doesn't find the oyster that contains the water key on the first try. She has to find the one that is in the most pain due to the irritation of the key in its mouth.
  • Flamy the fox tells Johnny Baker when baked goods in the oven are finished, like a timer (also, Flamy is a he, which settles a question I'd been wondering about earlier this year).
  • The Sky Castle is brimming with energy that supercharges all the elves' elemental powers.
  • After entering the Sky Castle the elves come upon a room where the path is blocked by a soot-blackened waterfall. Naida uses her powers to purify the water and open a path for the others.
  • When Skyra refuses to let the elves open the portal, they try to rush past her to open it themselves, and she attacks them to try and stop them. But even with all four keys it doesn't open. After that, the fighting ceases and Emily realizes she has to help heal Skyra's broken heart.
  • When Emily gets home to her parents, her father asks her how she'd feel about living at her grandmother's old house that they've now inherited, and Emily agrees enthusiastically.

Edited by Aanchir

there's an actual magical fight scene, even!

Once I read that, I was really wishing the mini movie covered it. I guess it was cut because of time restraints? That's a shame.

Edited by legozebra

Skyra is definitely a wind elf. It is interesting she can create snow. Maybe elves of the same element have different powers (Aira= wind, Skyra= weather? or perhaps just ice/snow specifically?). She is cold-hearted, but that's because she lost one of her sisters, who turns out to be Emily's grandmother. Emily does seem to be able to warm Skyra's heart up occasionally.

I didn't even notice the dragon on the box! I think the white dragon is a wind dragon though. Lavender and white have so far been associated with the wind elves + wind animals (Pegasus, Skyra's owl, Aira's bird). So far in the 2016 set images we do see brick built fire, water and earth dragons but no wind dragon yet. So I'm sure this white dragon will play a special role in later sets and maybe episodes. The icyness of the white dragon is a bit confusing. I think LEGO may just be grouping it with the wind elemental. I like your idea about a friend being trapped inside of the dragon's body. That would be a very interesting story!

The Elves' minimovie already revealed the fifth element : love :wub: . It is Emily and her grandmother's element. Kinda cheesy, but alright. Part of Emily's power, I think, is to bring people together and bring out the best in them.

You are right about white being associated with the wind creatures! I was just thinking about lavender being the main color for the wind element, and it didn't occur to me that a white dragon with icy features can be a wind creature.

The fifth element being love may sound cheesy, but I think it makes the theme more relatable for the target audience. After all, love is the only power even ordinary humans like us can possess. :wub:

Webisode 4 is also quite interesting: the four elements cannot be combined unless Emily’s fifth element is there. I wonder if we will indeed see that come into play in 2016.

I still hope there's room for yet another new element to be unveiled in the future.

I can definitely recommend the chapter book to anyone who has enjoyed the webisodes. It's an adaptation of the TV special, but it goes into a lot more depth about certain things, and the confrontation with Skyra is a lot more dramatic (there's an actual magical fight scene, even)!

I thoroughly enjoyed the first LEGO Elves chapter book; Like you pointed out, it gives a lot of great details that the 22-minute mini-movie simply cannot cover. I think I grew to like the characters even more after reading the book. I’m definitely getting the second book when it comes out in January.

Each belonged to a different element - Fire, Air Earth and Water

The Elves' minimovie already revealed the fifth element : love :wub: . It is Emily and her grandmother's element. Kinda cheesy, but alright.

Webisode 4 is also quite interesting: the four elements cannot be combined unless Emily’s fifth element is there. I wonder if we will indeed see that come into play in 2016.

Yes, it summons Captain Planetelf

I guess it was cut because of time restraints?

Time restraints? Shouldn't that be one of the main things covered?

Anyways, I guess the episodes are alright, for what they're going for. But from what I've seen this series is seriously in need of more frames.

Maybe that's why the fight wasn't included?

Edited by gamejutzu

Has anyone checked out the Activity Book #1 yet? It was released earlier this month and is "Packed with puzzles and stories, this activity book includes a buildable LEGO bracelet." The bracelet elements include coloured and several golden studs and round plate elements (with the nature elements printed on them). Strangely, it looks like the artwork on the front differs from the usual Elves art (left):

I'm more interested in the Elves Activity Book #2, which is scheduled for release at the end of March, 2016. It comes with an owl miniset! Which unfortunately isn't shown in the image. It could be a good deal for those wanting an inexpensive way to get the owl ($9 US).

61SVrOE%2BSuL._SX386_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg61nmJWt1XtL._SX385_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Has anyone checked out the Activity Book #1 yet? It was released earlier this month and is "Packed with puzzles and stories, this activity book includes a buildable LEGO bracelet." The bracelet elements include coloured and several golden studs and round plate elements (with the nature elements printed on them). Strangely, it looks like the artwork on the front differs from the usual Elves art (left):

I'm more interested in the Elves Activity Book #2, which is scheduled for release at the end of March, 2016. It comes with an owl miniset! Which unfortunately isn't shown in the image. It could be a good deal for those wanting an inexpensive way to get the owl ($9 US).

I'm quite keen on the idea of the Elves activity book (and might buy it just for the bracelet), but I haven't seen it in stores to make a final decision yet!

Do we know WHICH owl will be coming in the second activity book? Prelim pictures of some of next year's sets feature another owl in what looks like Aqua. Either one could be nice to get if you don't have them already, of course. Though I prefer the practical functionality of the bracelet to be honest.

I'm quite keen on the idea of the Elves activity book (and might buy it just for the bracelet), but I haven't seen it in stores to make a final decision yet!

Do we know WHICH owl will be coming in the second activity book? Prelim pictures of some of next year's sets feature another owl in what looks like Aqua. Either one could be nice to get if you don't have them already, of course. Though I prefer the practical functionality of the bracelet to be honest.

I don't know the availability of the Elves activity books (or other Lego books for that matter) in regular bookstores. They are published by Scholastics and are at least available through Amazon.

Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to find an pic of the owl set. It could be a 2016 owl or the 2015 white owl from Skyra's castle. No idea what other bricks may be included in the miniset either. For the price of the activity book I doubt there are many though, since it already comes with the owl after all.

All of this talk of the Elves books makes me want to buy them. Fortunately for me I can get a deal through Scholastic from my son's school. It would be cool if they offered a different owl than Nascha (Skyra's owl), because I already have the castle; which includes Nascha.

I wish Lego Elves magazine was available in the US. I'm very interested in getting them, but ebay is outrageous. The foil packs that come with them are adorable and I'm sure there's loads of fun info and images in the magazines. Anyone know why the magazine isn't offered in the US?

All of this talk of the Elves books makes me want to buy them. Fortunately for me I can get a deal through Scholastic from my son's school. It would be cool if they offered a different owl than Nascha (Skyra's owl), because I already have the castle; which includes Nascha.

I wish Lego Elves magazine was available in the US. I'm very interested in getting them, but ebay is outrageous. The foil packs that come with them are adorable and I'm sure there's loads of fun info and images in the magazines. Anyone know why the magazine isn't offered in the US?

None of the theme-specific LEGO magazines like that (LEGO Ninjago, LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Legends of Chima, LEGO Friends) are released in the U.S. Maybe kids in the U.S. just don't buy as many magazines? Or maybe it's hard to find a U.S. magazine publisher who's interested.

I got the Elves Activity Book #1. It's only 32 pages long, and the majority of them consist of puzzles and similar activities. It also has a few story pages in the beginning and a couple of comic pages at the end, and the story is based on the mini-movie "Unite the Magic".

The official LEGO Elves artwork is used here and there throughout the activity book, but you will see more additional artwork done by different people. Some of the LEGO books, like this activity book, are produced by AMEET, the Polish publisher, and they often contain artwork specially prepared for their books (not by LEGO). I personally prefer the stunning official artwork done by LEGO, but the AMEET artwork blends in pretty well. The problem is that there are only three or four different versions of the official LEGO artwork of the characters. So you see the same old artwork in this activity book as well as in the two magazine issues.

There are plenty of kids magazines in the US, but I have noticed none of them come with any decent free gifts. If they did, the free gifts would probably get stolen anyway, in huge bookstores or places like Walmart where sales clerks are not watching over the customers. I don't know the real reason these LEGO magazines are not offered in the US, but if they ever come here, they will be sold either without the free toys or the magazines will be wrapped up in plastic.

Among other things:

Thank you for sharing some of the details of the book Aanchir. It was interesting to read the points in the spoilers. It sounds more enjoyable to read than the watching the mini-movie, which I found much too fast-pace and compressed to fully enjoy.

The newer webisodes are getting better in my opinion. The first three were fairly cheesy with references to pop culture and reality TV. The recent webisode 5 was pretty decent with Skyra and a sneak peak at a new dragon. So far webisode 4 has been my favourite though. The idea of combining the Elves' magic with catastrophic results is interesting (plus that crystal cave was beautiful). I think the addition of Emily's fifth element balancing out the powers and allow the Elves' to combine their powers makes sense. I hope we get to see more that plot idea in 2016 episodes and maybe in the 4th wave sets. I'm still hoping for a battle somewhere in this theme. Maybe with dragons involved since we are going to get plenty next year.

The cover of the second chapter book is out. :) It looks fantastic!

9780545852814.jpg

Edited by Maya

The cover of the second chapter book is out. :) It looks fantastic!

-snip-

Great find Maya. That's an interesting title. Is the 'Dragon Queen' actually a dragon? And if so, then perhaps it is Love Dragon that's on the boxes of the new sets.

Here's what I found written about the new book:

"Elves: The Dragon Queen 128 pages

The dragon queen and her eggs have been captured. Can Emily and the elves hatch a rescue plan?"

I wonder if the next castle set belongs to the Dragon Queen, or if it belongs to her captor.

Great find! I assume this will cover the entire 2016 plot, including what might be portrayed in summer wave sets?

^I assume it will cover all of this year's sets. That was the case with last year's book (which also apparently contained story details that weren't present in the videos or set story lines). I didn't buy last year's book but I think I'll get this one. It sounds intriguing.

I think the shadowy character will be the one who captured the Dragon Queen. It looks like she may be a fire elf, too.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's Regana as seen in j2g's post in the Elves toy thread. :) So excited that Elves is getting a villain!

Edited by Hythonia