Jockos

How many sets do you own?

Kinda of a rookie too, I just came out of 2 Dark Ages...

I own 27 complete sets with 75 minifigs according to brickset,but I know I have more that have been scarred throughout the ages

I have been collecting for 11 years (i'm 18), and I have ~90 sets. But then again, most of those are sets I have purchased, and I just got a retail job.

Probably less than 50. Seeing people's framed mini figure collections and seeing YouTube videos of store tours, etc. gives me the itch.

What's disappointing is when they discontinue a nice set before I become aware of its existence and third party sellers' prices are way too high.

6 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

What's disappointing is when they discontinue a nice set before I become aware of its existence and third party sellers' prices are way too high.

For me this was the worst part about the dark age. Seeing all of the cool sets I missed :(

Hi all,

I was just wondering how many models everyone had in their collection?

I currently have 65, mainly Technic (57) the others being Ideas, Architecture etc.

Just thought I would ask as curious

Tom

Just now, TomP said:

Hi all,

Hi, welcome to EB.
This question is a bit more "general", and also, this question/topic already exist, so we'll merge it to the existing one.

1 hour ago, TomP said:

Hi all,

I currently have 65, mainly Technic (57) the others being Ideas, Architecture etc.

Just thought I would ask as curious

Tom

Currently have a lot more unbuilt models than I do built, I could probably build another 100 or so mocs but will most likely be one or two parts short for some of them. No matter how much you have there will always be some piece that you dont have, sometimes its the new piece that you didnt know you needed but it just got released in a new set and you need it now.

According to Brickset I currently have 28 sets that I collected over the past year with a total of 45,000 pieces :wub:  went to the Lego store the other day and saw about 20 sets I would want to buy right now.. ah if only money were unlimited. I would also need to buy a new house if I could afford all of the sets I want. 

I have 400+ sets in ziplock bags (sorted) or displayed, and another ~350 in boxes being bulks. As for the sorted sets I own 300000+ pieces. For the remaining it must be some 150000-175000 pieces.

1166 sets, not too shabby. There is a bit of a low estimate if CMFs are considered as I only added two of a figure if I had more than one of it in my collection. 

I had to make a list for insurance. I have so much now!

Rebrickable/Brickset etc states I have 84, which isn't bad. Mainly City, Creator and Technic, and only the smaller sets at that. Approx 9,800 parts overall.

They've all been long dismantled into the general collection, and therefore into my MOCs. Some of those aren't actually mine and some of them are probably missing many parts if I tried to rebuild them all, but never mind.

Brickset says I have 1710 sets, 3601 Minifigs and 294,131 pieces.

The number of sets is correct. But the number of Minifigs and parts is actually MUCH higher.

Edited by Boettner Builds

According to brickset I have 117.

Its higher than that number because I don't input my for sale items into their database. So probably closer to 150-200

Edited by Criosphynx

Just started my "collection" for more than a year now... I only own 6 sets ?

Edited by G59

Been collecting less than 2 years, so I am relatively new to the game. Anyway thankfully I recognized early on the importance of cataloguing my sets. Also being old school I do it on paper, so I happen to know I have 198 sets totaling 72,004 elements with 443 minifigs. My friends think I have issues. 

I'm not exactly devout when it comes to maintaining my Brickset Inventory.  I don't actively collect mini-figures (I more sort of accumulate them) so I don't bother logging those and the bulk of my collection is raw parts, not sets.  Still, according to Brickset I have:

704 Sets

1114 Minifigures

~376,000 Pieces

The first two numbers are probably 70-90% accurate.  The part count is a seriously lowball estimate, I have individual MOCs in storage that use more parts than that.  After half a century of collecting, I'd guess that the true number is closer to 1.5 Million parts.

I forgot my Brickset password but I think it's about 850. But there are some I don't have listed, and a lot of polybags in that.

I'd say I have 2,500-3000 minifigures.

Who has time to count sets, brick or figs?  I'm too busy looking for good sales, sorting what I buy, then building MOCs or MODs - but not necessarily in that order.

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly