Sign in to follow this  
large88

[MOC] Episode 7 Falcon landing site

This layout was built by me and HJR Holland.

It is based on the leaked set images form the Force Awakens. This location is also seen in the recent trailers.

22941575755_1a408ec87f_c.jpg

22941589855_1ce2cd9341_c.jpg

As posted on Flickr.

Wow, very nice work!

That's awesome

Dude, I've been waiting to see TFA MOCs and this is fantastic! Awesome job with it, I love it very much indeed :grin:

Awesome layout!

Epic scale and set up.

Thanks!

Actually, the Millennium Falcon should be rotated 180 degrees.

But awesome, anyway :laugh:

I know :wink: but the way the layout was set up would have meant that the Falcon would be facing away from the visitors. To avoid getting asked a million times to turn it around I decided to pull a 180 on it...

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Love it!

Thanks!

Totally awesome. Fantastic job there, congrats!

The x-wings' hangars are incredible!

Very nice layout! :wub: :wub:

This is amazing!!! Love everything about this MOC.

Thanks!

Although now we have seen the movie it has become clear there are no Stormtroopers during these scenes.

We planned to display this layout at Dutch Comic Con Utrecht this March. However due to the horrible communication skills of the organizers of this event we were inclined to cancel. There is slight possibility we will display at other events this summer, but nothing official yet :wink:

Holy moly. And you got the blue X-wing already lol!

Edited by Devizz

This looks really cool! There are still some flaws like the very steep hills and the Falcon being the only think completly in scale with figures but hey, it's LEGO and it does look cool! :sweet: The only thing that really bugs me are those X-Wings. I just don't like the set very much (also the blue one should be grey not white :wink:) but that's just me. They don't diminish the overall appeal!

Thanks guys!

The white and blue X-Wing is not the actual set :wink:

This was built way before the movie came out, so we did not have all the details yet. Form the available trailers back then the Resistance Fighter looked more white than grey.

I had to scale down the hangers... My Lego collection would never allow me to build them minifig scale. In minifig scale they would have been big enough to fit the UCS Falcon.

I know, the set is grey anyway. ;)

That's what I meant, it still looks great in Lego, just pointed out that it's not in scale. But then I am absolutely in no position to criticize scale as my own Falcon isn't in scale either. :snicker:

I think there is nothing wrong with mixing scales, that's the case with minifigures and their accessories too, but thinking about it is something I find interesting. Therefore, this was not meant as criticism but as an analysis. :)

Haha I welcome your analysis :wink: I was just explaining the choices that were made during the conception of this layout. Actually I was considering building a hangar in the right scale after I break down the layout later this year :classic:

Incredible! I really like the regular T-70 X-Wing you made, and the hanger bays are very impressive.