Thanks for the interest. I made several of the MOCs above in real bricks (except Tauntaun) and will be posting some work-in-progress pictures of my Echo Base Diorama by next week. I'm also close to finishing the Ion Cannon with good size. I'll be releasing the LDD files in a series starting with the turret.lxf next week. So stay tuned. :classic:

Thanks! Can't wait to add these turrets to my Battle of Hoth!

OK. Here is the link to LDD .lxf file of DF.9 Turret shown on the first page. Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox....et_01a.lxf?dl=0

UluQokn.png

Also, I've found the following excellent pictue of Rebel Combat Speeder and updated my MOC.

uKsmnSJ.jpg

Rebel Combat Speeder V.2

kh28xzm.jpg?1

Here is a sneak peek of my Hoth Echobase MOC WIP.

bxaeM7P.jpg

Sf7InFv.jpg

bEzsz9D.jpg

bE99til.jpg

Edited by YSDWDY

This is such a well made set. Too bad that already existing licenses never get accepted on ideas. Such a shame. Would you mind sharing the files of it with me? I would love to build this. It would make an awesome addition to my hoth diorama. :classic:

EDIT: sorry, I did not read that you were releasing the files to the public in a series. That is so cool of you to do, thanks!

Edited by Darth_Brick360

I'm loving everything you've built here, and will definitely be borrowing some ideas for my own rebel base. I'm also working on a shield generator, though I've decided to take a slightly different approach.

Looking forward to seeing it all develop.

James

"All troop carriers will assemble at the north entrance."

- Princess Leia from Ep.V The Empire Strikes Back.

Here is my upload of LDD .lxf file of Hoth Rebel Troop Carrier (RTC). Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox....y7j7/RTC_05.lxf

q6mIrG5.png

Rebel Troop Carriers are quite prevalent in the background of the interior of Echobase, but somehow completely overlooked in official literature. LEGO did a version in its Assault on Hoth set, but here is mine. It should enhance any Echobase diorama. The front end should be improved with the application of four black square stickers cut out from leftover LEGO stickers.

More information:

http://www.starwars....-rancho-obi-wan

A-clip-from-TESB-400x205.jpg

RTC-publicity-photo-400x473.jpg

Edited by YSDWDY

If only Insult on Hoth had been named Defenders of Hoth instead...

There might have been a lot less complaints.

Well, a little less.

I blame you for the name issues. They didn't want to get accused of stealing your idea. :)

Edited by rollermonkey

If only Insult on Hoth had been named Defenders of Hoth instead...

That's why my initial entry piece was named "Hoth Generator Defense" - a smaller vignette of the complete MOC with some signature elements :-)

I'm rather late to the party but... great work, man! Very good models and nice rendering. Deserve some good photography when finished ;) .

Love this! Thanks a lot for posting the files they are amazing. wish i had the skills to create my own like this, cant wait to build the rest of them if you decide to post them, thanks again!

This is so much cooler than the official "UCS Insult on Hoth", as someone said...I like that combat speeder, that's very much new for me, although I've been a huge SW-fan my whole life basically... :classic:

How could you put 4 shield generator disks? It has to be 3! :tongue:

Jokes aside, this is great. Love every bit of it. Looks fun to play AND is accurate!