Here is my MOC of Hoth Generator Defense.

yMBaf6d.png

This set features the following:

- DSS-02 Shield/Power Generator (791 pieces)

- Rebel Troop Carrier (RTC) (102 pieces)

- Perimeter Defense Trench (787 pieces)

- DF.9 Anti-Infantry Battery/Turret (131 pieces)

- 1.4 FD P-Tower Anti-Vehicle Laser Cannon (90 pieces)

- Medium Repeating Blaster / Heavy Repeating Blaster (46 pieces)

- Brick-built Tauntaun (113 pieces)

- Ice Mountain (432 pieces)

This MOC is intended to be a big playset with the total piece count of 2553 (including minifigures and props).

eMwAnoc.png

o6S1Mlh.png

Svtxcid.png

HYVmzNV.png

kYjgWqs.png

eBe3TKf.png

Ee9478a.png

qLwlKRH.png

trench1.jpg

Photo source: the force.net

I311KwG.png?1

Added tripod mounts to repeating blasters for standalone use.

radar-laser1.jpg

Photo source: rebelscum.com

RebelHMG.jpg

Photo source: stardestroyer.net

This is now also my Lego Ideas project:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/121776

Also check out my bigger Echo Base MOC v.1.0:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/421468

post-105466-0-00423200-1447246598_thumb.png

Edited by YSDWDY

Yes. Hopefully it will have a quality at least equal to Ewok Village. I look forward to getting a K-3PO and an Orange Astromech Droid for my Echo Base Command Center MOC.

Awesome job! I love all the detail you put into this. I hope we see the Hoth set coming use some similar assets to what you have created. :classic:

Looks very cool! I love it!

Some of your pictures a way too large by the way. The maximum size is 1024 wide. Can you embed smaller versions of the images? If you use BrickSafe or Flickr, you can upload the hires versions and embed the smaller ones.

I also recommend trimming the whitespace in some of the pictures!

Good luck with your project

That brick built Tauntaun looks so cute!

As an ideas project I have my doubts... Its too similar to what Lego does with the sets...

As an ideas project I have my doubts... Its too similar to what Lego does with the sets...

It will simply be a NO. Guidelines state that TLG won't release sets which are related to a current theme (or a rule like that).

OK. Sizes reduced as suggested.

This is only a part of my bigger Echo Base MOC which I plan to display in about a year's time. So its entry in the Lego Ideas is only a side project. At the least, it is a way of establishing that these are my ideas. Anyway, something like this is what I expect to see from a Lego Echo Base UCS set.

When I heard that a UCS Hoth set was coming out last year, my idea was to complement that set with the above MOCs. I wasn't expecting much from the UCS anyway, but well now we all know.

To allay some of the disappointments, I'll be releasing .lxf files for the above and more around October this year when I'm done with my Hoth project and display in an exhibition then. The whole set will be huge. I've also made some good designs for a Hoth Rebel Combat Speeder (updated). LEGO just doesn't seem to have any interest in the above MOCs in their Ideas page, so I'll let you AFOLs to have the opportunity directly.

So just wait a few months. :-)

Awesome work and very accurate recreations of the original material. The Tauntaun is super adorable. I look forward to the .lxf files.

Very nice! Your "Hoth Generator Defense" set is everything that we wish the Lego set was - accurate details coupled with a very reasonable piece count. The Taun-Taun in adorable! I am really looking forward to see what additional pieces you come up with. Perhaps a better Ion cannon?

Edited by ecmo47

The Rebel Troop Carrier is really awesome! Love how you did that!

Awesome! The turret designs are genius, the detail is spectacular, and it's just plain awesome! I also noticed it was made in LDD. Is it possible to post the LXF for the turrets if you still have the file and you have time? If not, it's ok, I think I can go on without them :classic: .

Thanks for the interest. I made several of the MOCs above in real bricks (except Tauntaun) and will be posting some work-in-progress pictures of my Echo Base Diorama by next week. I'm also close to finishing the Ion Cannon with good size. I'll be releasing the LDD files in a series starting with the turret.lxf next week. So stay tuned. :classic:

Superb work. Am really looking forward to you releasing the lxf files - I will be building most of this