Sign in to follow this  
PaddyBricksplitter

[MOC] Jabba's Palace Mini Modular House

Hi all,

I've been doing a series of 16x16 mini modular houses. I take a large set and turn it into a little house. Here's my latest effort. Jabba's Palace or rather Jabba's modestly sized town house.

Hope ya like it :D

22879736766_7f30880f52_c.jpg

Very cute once again! Now what? Temple of Airjitzu? :-)

Very cute once again! Now what? Temple of Airjitzu? :-)

Thanks, Now that's a big set. I suppose it's possible. Might do chima first though.

Great build!

The princess made me chuckle

Glad you found that funny :)

Another winner!

Do you have photos of different views?

This is going to be one interesting street!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Another winner!

Do you have photos of different views?

This is going to be one interesting street!

Andy D

Thanks Andy, I only photographed the one angle. I honestly didn't think anyone would be interested in seeing more of the side or whatever.

Nice. You can really shrink. :thumbup:

Thanks.

Great job! What's your next SW mini house? :)

Thank you. I'd love to try an Endor design, probably the Ewok village. I'll have to wait until I get some Ewoks from the advent calendar first. And of course I have SW Battlefront to eat up my time come 19th November :)

Yet another great one.

Looking forward for Chima, though i must admit i dont know much about the theme :classic:

How many parts beyond what was in the set is necessary for this one?

I seem to have an unopened set.

Edited by Andy D

What you mainly need in addition to the set pieces are more slopes, so you'd need another 20 2x2 slopes for the roof and 11 3x2 slopes for the section above the first row of slopes at the base.

There are 10 1x2 wedges used in there too 8 1x1 cheese slopes.

You could cut some if you don't build the back exactly the same as the front.

This build unlike the others is quite different from the set it is based on as it was two buildings combined into a single house.

I also extended the base so it's 18x18, I did this so I would have the option to attach it to other plates in future, but it's not strictly necessary.

I really like your 16x16's. But if I decide to do something like this I will most likely make them 16x32 to make them more on the regular modular building scale with sidewalks and such.

Right now I have too many projects in the queue,so I am just collecting ideas for future projects

Andy D

Lol, that Leia.

Anyway, to make it a bit more Jabba's palace, you might give it a second small tower behind/next to the roof you have now. It shouldn't be big, but it will give it more an idea that it is Jabba's palace instead of a random tatooine building i guess.

Lol, that Leia.

Anyway, to make it a bit more Jabba's palace, you might give it a second small tower behind/next to the roof you have now. It shouldn't be big, but it will give it more an idea that it is Jabba's palace instead of a random tatooine building i guess.

You might be right there. It's funny I always saw Jabbas palace as the round building and anything else as not important. Like I wasn't even seeing the other buildings! Weird how the mind works. Anyway thanks for the input. If there is room in my street I'll add it.

L love it1 The series is fantastic, and I can't wait to see what you have next for us!

Thanks, lots of SW ideas but I should prob switch themes now.

You might be right there. It's funny I always saw Jabbas palace as the round building and anything else as not important. Like I wasn't even seeing the other buildings! Weird how the mind works. Anyway thanks for the input. If there is room in my street I'll add it.

Thanks, lots of SW ideas but I should prob switch themes now.

When I first saw your 16x16 Jabba's Palace I immediately thought of it as like Jabba's Town House or Summer cottage, not his palace in the country.

Looking forward to more random themes that most people would just think of as a shrunk up house/building. So far, not sure if Orthanic or Jabba's is my favorite. Also looking forward to seeing what your street of random buildings/themes is going to look like.

Keep on stacking those bricks!

Andy D

Well that's the general idea Andy, the series is based on the Lego townhouses. I think most people would think these are just shrunk versions of the big sets. It will hopefully make more sense when then are on a street....well I hope so anyway :wacko:

Feel like giving a clue as to your next theme? I'm anxiously waiting, really want to see the street.

Andy D

Feel like giving a clue as to your next theme? I'm anxiously waiting, really want to see the street.

Andy D

Probably going to be Chima but I'll need to order some coloured bricks first. The street will probably not be complete for a few weeks as I'm going to be working on some other builds this month. I'll get it done eventually though :grin: