Sign in to follow this  
denil85

[Denil's MOC] Nibleheim Valley

Hi there, would like to share my latest creation, this is my first time playing landscape and medieval style, all the while i had been with modern creations only :p

I'm happy that my friends give me a chance to participate in their castle display for one of the event in Malaysia. Very excited on the upcoming event so that we can join the creations and display with their castles and medieval together :laugh:

Title: Nibleheim Valley

22261433384_8c0dce20ef_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 1 Main by denil oh, on Flickr

22261438314_db1192a1fe_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 4 by denil oh, on Flickr

22263037623_a8195ffaff_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 5 by denil oh, on Flickr

22870711212_0d8f1a2fb9_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 3 by denil oh, on Flickr

22870714662_e764f24acb_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 6 by denil oh, on Flickr

22858209496_e0f2e3b1eb_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 7 by denil oh, on Flickr

22696173240_ab2c3c77d5_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 12 by denil oh, on Flickr

22696175810_aaa1676e66_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 8 by denil oh, on Flickr

22465850738_976d125046_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 9 by denil oh, on Flickr

22895342511_75097d1d2b_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 10 by denil oh, on Flickr

22263035973_4ae713c9b4_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 11 by denil oh, on Flickr

22884171915_8a9c1a7a9b_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 2 by denil oh, on Flickr

22696163490_2dc083b971_b.jpg

[Denil MOC] Nibleheim Valley - 13 by denil oh, on Flickr

Thank you, hope all of you enjoy the viewing!

very nice, the water technique is very original, and yea the blocky brick look is really cool looking.

"blocky brick" ----> that's what i was trying to say! :tongue:

I cannot even fathem how awesome this is... amazing work, the brick structure looks absolutely incredible! I'll be looking forward for more :)

I absolutely love the build :wub: Literally the only nitpick on my end purely out of personal preference is that the roofs are blue and for contrast with the river I'd have gone with a dark red/red combo instead. But as others have said the style is just fantastic and works really really well.

Very nice MOC!!! I love the "bricky" style it has... it totally works!

Thanks Lord Tulkas, when i doing it, i also didn't realize the bricky style quite match on the layout :blush:

Great, very nice color, beautiful

Thanks for the compliments on colour

Sorta feels like an impressionistic painting.

:laugh: Yes, the first ideas before start i was thinking to make like a painting art

Lovely!

The landscape and vegetation is really well done and I love that river

haha thanks! the Vegetables and fruits are ready to serve to my King :)

very nice, the water technique is very original, and yea the blocky brick look is really cool looking.

thanks! I still have alot to learn with the castle expertise AFOL, really appreciated on your compliments.

Gorgeous.

:wink: thanks for the support

I cannot even fathem how awesome this is... amazing work, the brick structure looks absolutely incredible! I'll be looking forward for more :)

thanks for the inspiring comment :) I hope can have more projects going on in Castle/Medieval

I absolutely love the build :wub: Literally the only nitpick on my end purely out of personal preference is that the roofs are blue and for contrast with the river I'd have gone with a dark red/red combo instead. But as others have said the style is just fantastic and works really really well.

Yeah! you are right, my first try is actually dark red tles, but i run out of quantities in the middle way, so i change back to dark blue which i have more. You have a good sense on the colours :sweet:

Yeah! you are right, my first try is actually dark red tles, but i run out of quantities in the middle way, so i change back to dark blue which i have more. You have a good sense on the colours :sweet:

It's always very annoying when you run out of any parts regardless of whether your working with a small or large collection, I feel that pain too :tongue: Thanks :blush:

Edited by Isundir

This is beautiful. So many little details in a nice big build. I love the variety of plant life, and the rock texture looks great. I also like the structures, they fit right in the scene perfectly.

Great work!

Nicely done! Using the bricks in the water was a very creative touch!

Thanks, I love that part too, didn't know it look nice also :laugh:

Beautiful. I love the overall layout and its colours - and the many details in there.

Thanks Captain :wink:

Lovely build. You are gping oldschool here with only basic bricks for foliage and water, but the overall effect is beautiful.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hahaha yup, basic bricks, old school style

This is beautiful. So many little details in a nice big build. I love the variety of plant life, and the rock texture looks great. I also like the structures, they fit right in the scene perfectly.

Great work!

Thanks for the compliments

Wow -I really love this Moc! Colours, building techniques and especially the bricky Look of everything. Let's take the trees for example, it never came to my mind building them this way -but it works great!

All the other vegetation is great as well, especially the pumpkins or the sunflowers.

When it comes to the water, your creation does a great job too!

Many people prefer the Water with flat Parts -I do not, because water is always in motion. So I like your way of putting those different blue tones to good use here, it looks really great here!

The only little I don't like here is the fact that the farmer's house on it's green platform is not really connected to the Moc. That's a little too obvious for me, but only a small little "complaint".

Since I'm a great fan of bright and shining colours I like the use of the light green in contrast to tan/dark tan here, it creates a sunny-funny-friendly atmosphere here!

Great job and thanks for inspiring me! One of the freshest Castle-/Medieval-Mocs I've seen in quite a while!

Great MOC and love the windmill blades... any chance of a close up / rear photo as I can't for the life of me figure out how you built it?