Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

The Exetrius Saga (1): Fallen leaf

Exetrius Saga

Episode 1: Fallen leaf

Exetrius was on his way to deliver a message from the organization he worked for to a client in Kyrrath. Why did they send out a mage for a job like this, he was wondering. As far as he knew, the route to the City of Purple was quite peaceful, for Nocturnian standards anyway... Maybe it had to do something with the client? The only thing he had gotten - as usual for this type of tasks - was the address and a rough description how to get there.

Oh well, it didn't really bother him! This task gave him time to relax and an excuse to wander through colourful autumnal forests. It made him cheerful.

He slowed down and stood still for a moment. There was a small trail of flattened stones deviating from the unpaved road. Looking through the trees, Exetrius could make out a rock face in the distance, in the direction where the path seemed to go. He figured it was time for a break, maybe there was a vantage point out there. A few minutes later, he saw a small cavern appear. As he came closer, he noticed something very peculiar: it was a cavernous grave...

22890334121_2693c90821_c.jpg

A faint beam of sun light fell on the grave, through a hole in the ceiling. Exetrius kneeled for the grave. In the stone, a text was carved. It read:

Here rests Rambar Armafur

~

The man who came from Far

Arms of steel, heart of gold

Embracing the eternal silence

~

where he tranquility sought.

He felt a certain sadness. This man was probably a lonely stranger, coming from far, no trace of family or friends on the stone... poor guy. Whatever the circumstances were, this man was a good person. He seemed to come to this place to find peace. Exetrius took a look around. Maybe he wanted to be burried here so he could share it with others? The thought delighted him.

Exetrius paid his respects to the grave, turned around and slowly but steadily continued his journey.

Read on, in the next episode: Message in Kyrrath

Hi all, after a (too) long break, I'm back with a build! :classic: I wanted to make something autumn-themed, both in the literal and the figurative sense. I hope you like it, C&C always appreciated! :wink:

Edited by Exetrius

Your skills are getting higher and higher. The SNOT cave is a very good rockwork and I like your unique way to build the trees without standard leaves. Nice use of those barbs too.

And at last, your photographing is of a good level.

Glad to have you in the east. Maybe your paths will lead to Skavenport some day.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Very nice build, great landscaping especially with those trees! :wub: The way the light plays off the microfigure is really good too! :thumbup:

Ooo, nice little build here. I like the detailing, especially in the rockwork and trees. Keep it up!

Your builds keep getting better and better.

Your skills are getting higher and higher. The SNOT cave is a very good rockwork and I like your unique way to build the trees without standard leaves. Nice use of those barbs too.

And at last, your photographing is of a good level.

Glad to have you in the east. Maybe your paths will lead to Skavenport some day.

:blush: Thank you guys, I always try make my builds ever better!

I've seen a lot of fantastic non-studs-up rockwork in the Guilds, but this is the first time I tried it myself. The trees rely heavily on the 2x2 round plates, since this was the only piece in Dark Ora that I own in sufficient quantities (e.g. I had to use every single one of my collection! :laugh:)

Perhaps my tasks will take me to the City of Skavenport... We will see! :classic:

Very nice build, great landscaping especially with those trees! :wub: The way the light plays off the microfigure is really good too! :thumbup:

I feel it's a shame that I couldn't photograph it under sunlight, but the faintness fits the scene better, I guess. I've been wanting to build a cavern with skylight for some time, and I'm happy with the way it turned out. :classic:

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

Edited by Exetrius

Lovely build Exetrius, this is certainly my favorite of your builds yet! :wub: The trees are really superb, and the rock-work and photography are excellent as well! The black base/border adds a lot to the build even in its simplicity, and the round gray tiles finish it off perfectly. You really have been improving by leaps and bounds, and it is a pleasure to watch!

Wow, this is a fantastic vig! Love those trees, and the scene conveys some emotion--which is hard to do. Rock on. :thumbup:

Gorgeous vignette :wub: That tree design is something I'll have to remember, relatively simple yet very effective :thumbup:

Great rockwork too :classic:

Lovely build Exetrius, this is certainly my favorite of your builds yet! :wub: The trees are really superb, and the rock-work and photography are excellent as well! The black base/border adds a lot to the build even in its simplicity, and the round gray tiles finish it off perfectly. You really have been improving by leaps and bounds, and it is a pleasure to watch!

Wow, this is a fantastic vig! Love those trees, and the scene conveys some emotion--which is hard to do. Rock on. :thumbup:

:blush: Thank you! So many comments on my trees, didn't really expect that. I'll tell some more: the one on the left is entirely legally constructed, with core and branches both made of 2x2 rounds. The right one has one firm illegal connection which gives it the angle.

Thanks for noticing the keys to this build: simplicity and emotion. For this build I wanted to step away from action, magic and fantasy for a change. I am glad many of you appreciated this build and I hope do more of this kind once in a while. :classic:

Edited by Exetrius

Saw this on flickr, and I believe this is your cleanest, most aesthetically plesing build to date. Great job.

I like the dark ground and rock work.

Thank you! Though the moderators generally don't really appreciate the bumping of old topics, I'm glad you did! It's nice to see new people are still getting into my saga from the very beginning. :sweet:

Saw this on flickr, and I believe this is your cleanest, most aesthetically plesing build to date. Great job.

Definitely one of my favorite builds from you! :wub: The rockwork is superb, and those trees are just amazing :thumbup:

I guess better late than never: thanks for the compliments, Blufiji and John! :classic:

I like the dark ground and rock work.

Its best not to bump old topics. If you have something to say about them, it is best to PM the builder.