Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

The Aestwäld Saga 8 - Riding to War (/Task 1)

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3a

Chapter 3b

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Having made preparations for leaving, Beorthan is now at the head of the Trifork Lancers, being guided westwards by the somewhat battered messenger to join forces with Aelric.

21658929914_35c75cb4cb_b.jpg

The Trifork Lancers form an elite company of heavy cavalry, making up the main shock force of the Trifork Arsenal. Formed shortly after Beorthan's election as Lord Mayor of the Trifork, they are armed with the finest Shadowmere steel and riding powerful steeds from Drond's fields.

Participating in the Kaliphlinite civil war quickly turned this newly formed company into an experienced, battle-hardened force to be reckoned with. Trained to fight both mounted as heavy lancers and dismounted as heavy spearmen, they are effective in both offence and defence.

At the same time, Drake is leading a company of Trifork infantry through the southern swamplands to the plains near the southern border of the Trifork and thus Avalonia.

22255635566_ca50ab57d2_b.jpg

Marching across these few miles of open land, an enemy will be able to seek refuge in the hills and mountains making up most of the border between Avalonia and Kaliphlin, through which they can sneak deeper into Avalonia. Raiders often choose this arduous route, rather than to face the obstacle of the fortress city of the Trifork. Drake's objective is to stop enemy reinforcements from making their way to the fight.

As the cavalry, the infantry of the Trifork has been hardened by the Kaliphlinite civil war. By reforming the old city watch, Beorthan has created a disciplined, well lead, and well equipped force able to adapt to most situations. Trained by the veterans Marcus and Cassius, they are well-versed in most infantry tactics.

Next instalment in the Aestwäld saga. Further, it is also my entry to the Avalonian Task One, presenting my troops.

C&C is, as always, more than welcome. Still looking forward to seeing where this story goes. :laugh:

Great work! The forces of the Trifork look very impressive, and I like how you included a detailed landscape instead of just the troops by themselves or on a plate!

Nice little builds and soldiers, Bregir, I particularly like the Trifork cavalry scene, great job with the posing there! :thumbup:

Great way to show off your army! I love the galloping horses posing and dirt clods :thumbup: Just using the croc head is quite effective too :classic:

Great builds, Bregir! I really like how you did the dust being kicked up by the horses, and the swamp is very nice as well :thumbup:

Thanks all. I am really happy with the way both builds turned out. Especially the cavalry scene, as a few of you have agreed. I too think the posing turned out great, and the dust clouds worked well too. :classic:

I have the next builds for the saga ready, but due to the season, it is quite a challenge to find the light to take proper pictures. :tongue: