Sign in to follow this  
paul_delahaye

2008 Technic Line Up

I have both the 599 and Enzo and there is not much difference really they both have similar details

If the poll that took place on Lugnet is anything to go by, bearing in mind that most of next years releases seen so far were in the list, then it will be farm or construction based.

More than likey it will be construction based then. Since we just got to peices of farming equipment.

Then there's of course there the always the posibility of another crane.

I wouldn't mind another one if it were along the line of this type..

01467270-be45-4d12-86c6-79ea4e054a92-2003_1_24_15_30_55_rdax_300x216.jpg

6eadf4f2-a054-4943-b85f-8894b8801ac4-2004_10_5_10_59_58.jpg

EDIT: Ihad a bunch of ideas with pics, but they won't let me load pics with dynamics. Sohere are my other ideas..

Large telahandler

-scraper- lego never had one

-grader-lego never had one either, but doesn't have much function.

-wheeled or tracked excavator

Now that you thikn about it, its kinda hard

Edited by 5150 Lego

I notice on Brickset there is mention of a technic forklift p/n 8290

I guess that could have quite a few functions?

That is a Mini Forklift and there is not much to expect from a 8 euro model. Images of the model are floating around, I just could not find one 8-|

Mig

That is a Mini Forklift and there is not much to expect from a 8 euro model. Images of the model are floating around, I just could not find one 8-|

Mig

Took me a while but...

lego-technic-mini-gabels-8290-071012.jpg8290

Took me a while but...

lego-technic-mini-gabels-8290-071012.jpg8290

Didn't we just have a mini forklift? So is this one of the summer 08 sets?

Didn't we just have a mini forklift? So is this one of the summer 08 sets?

Not sure. The picture is from here. I can't say that I am excited by it either. I might buy it though as I have only four of those big D pieces.

I wouldn't mind another one if it were along the line of this type..

That is a nice crane, and it would be possible to do with Lego as well. Hasn't been done before either.

I would love the '08 flagship to be a great excavator, like LEGO never have done in big detail.

I imagine it to be something like the JCB MOC made by Jeniffer Clark... :-|

http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/jcb.htm

figure_2_1_CRW_1567_lrg.jpg

It would be a great addition to put on the side of 8455 (one of my LEGO TECHNIC favourites ever).

It would be even better, if LEGO would add some new PF devices to it.

For instance a compact and eficient compressor together with pneumatic electrically controlled valves... :-P

Off course, I'm also eagerly waitting for a new detailed supercar plenty of functionality, like old ones.

But I guess sooner or later will bring us really nice and new TECHNIC details.

Don't forget they had a pool at TECHNIC homepage a few months ago, asking who would like to see new functionalities at his line. Copy of the original question bellow:

"Poll

How cool do you think it would be to include more technology (motors, battery box, lights) in LEGO TECHNIC models?"

The results from users were very positive, lets say! ;-)

I would love the '08 flagship to be a great excavator, like LEGO never have done in big detail.

:-D You don't want much! That model would cost at least 300 USD, if not closer to 1000, but I am sure that you already know that! That is probably my favourite Technic site. *wub*

I know!... :-$

But probably it could be somethig simplified in some aspects, and use newest parts.

For instance the huge amount of tracks, could be replaced by the new design and much less parts (about 25-30%, I would say).

The complex pneumatic remote of this MOC could be skipped if it turns to be an electric model (less interesting) or LEGO develops an integrated compressor and electric valves for PF. Then 8275 PF remote could be used too.

With scale, this could probably be achieved at reasonable production costs, and would have application at many more models in the future. It would mean a new breath for TECHNIC line *sweet* .

At the end some other simplifications could be considered too :-/ .

Fortunately we still don't pay to dream!... X-D

Edited by Conchas

http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/jcb.htm

figure_2_1_CRW_1567_lrg.jpg

It would be a great addition to put on the side of 8455 (one of my LEGO TECHNIC favourites ever).

It would be even better, if LEGO would add some new PF devices to it.

For instance a compact and eficient compressor together with pneumatic electrically controlled valves... :-P

Off course, I'm also eagerly waitting for a new detailed supercar plenty of functionality, like old ones.

But I guess sooner or later will bring us really nice and new TECHNIC details.

Don't forget they had a pool at TECHNIC homepage a few months ago, asking who would like to see new functionalities at his line. Copy of the original question bellow:

"Poll

How cool do you think it would be to include more technology (motors, battery box, lights) in LEGO TECHNIC models?"

The results from users were very positive, lets say! ;-)

Jennifer Clark's models are some of the best around. That would be a great 08 flagship. Espeacailly since lego never built one with high detail (though you already meantioned that)

I'd love to see a grader,or a super car of some kind. Lord knows were due for one. And i'm not talking about just sterring and an engine. Piston, suspention, transmission, 4 wheel drive,sterring, the works!! Maybe a 4x4 jeep or truck of some kind.

I'd love to see pneumatic and the new power functions intagrated. If we get another construction vehicle (whitch i'm sure we will) that would be nice. So many possibilities.

Speaking of the 599 GTB, does anyone have it? I was thinking about asking for it for Christmas. I have the enzo already, and i'm preety happy with it. I'm guessing the 599 isn't much differnt though.

The 599GTB Fioarano isn't too bad. The "fins" on the sides of the coup

Just off http://www.kiddiwinks.co.za/catalog/index.php?cPath=99_80

8294 Excavator (est $60 USD)

8295 Telescopic Handler (est $90 USD)

8297 Off Roader (est $120 USD)

Well, were gettin an excavator, but it isnt a flaghsip sorry to say. I sure do hope the offroader has as many fucntions as the 8466, but not likelly, but possible. The technic sets early this year may not look the best but they have more main stream functions than previous small sets. 8296 Dune Buggy had a v-2, shocks, and steering with an actual steering wheel. Even though i can see many of you dont like this year, i think Technic is making a change, hopefully for good.

Edited by LordGalewind

Just off [email=http://www.kiddiwinks.co.za/catalog/index.php?cPath=98_43]http://www.kiddiwinks.co.za/catalog/index.php?cPath=98_43[/email]

8294 Excavator (est $50 USD)

8295 Telescopic Handler (est $90USD)

8297 Off Roader (est $120USD)

Well, were gettin an excavator, but it isnt a flaghsip sorry to say. I sure do hope the offroader has as many fucntions as the 8466, but not likelly, but possible. The technic sets early this year may not look the best but they have more main stream functions than previous small sets. 8296 Dune Buggy had a v-2, shocks, and steering with an actual steering wheel. Even though i can see many of you dont like this year, i think Technic is making a change, hopefully for good.

Hmm.. I'm liking the sound of techinc for late 08. The excavator is a great idea. But for the price, i doesn't sound like it will have an power functions. Hopefully it will pnumatic's in it.

telahandler sounds good. Since the small one of last year,i always thought a bigger model would be great.

Now the offroader. This kinda scares me. This could either be really good,or a big let down. All though i liked the "Off Road Truck" we got in 07, it wasn't very "off road cabable". Hopfully it will be a true 4x4, with 4 wheel suspention. A gearbox would be nice,but doubtfull. Engine is a must of course. itwould benice tosee somthing with solid axles instead of indapentant suspention, but that might be tricky with lego. In all,i think it will be a good year for Techinc. Acttually, all lego. I don't see how 08 is going to be a bad year.

Hopfully it will be a true 4x4, with 4 wheel suspention. A gearbox would be nice,but doubtfull. Engine is a must of course. itwould benice tosee somthing with solid axles instead of indapentant suspention, but that might be tricky with lego.

Hmmm.

I would expect a "normal" car with the capability of the new power functions like the bulldozer. *sweet*

That would mean 2 motors: One for forward/backwards (probably XXL) and one for the steering (normal motor).

It

Ooooh! *wub* Thanks very much! I am surprised at another low end escavator; hopefully this one wil have real tracks... but I doubt it will have pneumatic functions at that price. :'-( The Off Roader really excites me though... suspension and gears are possible at that price... :'-) This could be a very good year for Technic afterall! *sweet*

Welcome to the Club!

All over Europe, the prices are considerably higher than in US.

If we speak in

On a more positive note, I see shop at home USA they are selling all the power functions components seperately and very cheap.

These are now available at UK S@H and they are supprisingly cheap