Sign in to follow this  
paul_delahaye

2008 Technic Line Up

Seems a rather disappointing Technic line up for 2008.

I was hoping for something impressive with the development of the power functions but we appear to be getting another Lorry with a disapointing crane on the back which does not appear to have very many functions?

Sad to say I agree, that truck is too much form over function! I was hoping for a IR car with steering.... :'-(

Well,it is still just the years openers sets. I think its alittle to soon to judge that yellow truck since we don't know for sure all its functions. Hopfully it will do more than just raise the boom, but at least there startingto use the new motor functions. Can't wait to see what the techinc flagship for 08 will be. Its going to be preety hard to top the bulldozer of 07!

I have to agree. The three sets shown in the catalog are very disappointing. :'-(

The bigger lorry is almost the alternative model of 8421, only less impressive (and less expensive...).

Sad to say I agree, that truck is too much form over function! I was hoping for a IR car with steering.... :'-(

Wow, that would have been very cool! *wub*

Hoping for the 2nd half of 2008.

Hoping for the 2nd half of 2008.

Does Technic have two waves? I recall that the Bulldozer was first shown late 06...

Does Technic have two waves? I recall that the Bulldozer was first shown late 06...

We are looking at pictures from the first-wave-catalog.

Technic sets, like the other sets as well are released at least twice a year. (January/September)

So there is hope for other technic sets to be released later in 2008 and to be published in another second-wave-catalog.

Technic sets, like the other sets as well are released at least twice a year. (January/September)

So there is hope for other technic sets to be released later in 2008 and to be published in another second-wave-catalog.

Yay! *sweet* IR car! IR car! IR car! IR car! :-|

Yes I agree over the last few years Lego have released three smaller Technic sets in January then three Bigger sets in September.

I noticed the truck is quite small it is only as wide as the battery box about 12 studs so definetly a cheaper set.

I would love an IR vechicle Especially if Lego could come up with a power funstions steering device to make life easier.

Check out this article at LUGNET Here for ideas of what might be comming the 2 smaller sets in the 2009 catalogue appear on the list

IR Car on *y*

Very disappointing, the truck is ok at best, but i'll still get it. I'll probably get the bike as well, because i have a thing for motorbikes!

Yup! There's ussualy 2 waves of techinc every year, with the flag ship set released laterin the year. Very curious to find to see what the big daddy 08 techinc set will be. Like most have said, a supper car of some sort with the new power functions would be nice, but my bet is we'll be getting someing inthe lines of contruction.

Technic was the first thing I looked for when the new catalog was put up. Needless to say, I was disappointed at these first offerings. Let's hope the Summer sets blow our socks off.

Wow that is definatelly a plus! I will probably get it now.. *wub*

I wonder if there's any other little hidden surprises for us :-)

I wouldn't consider the transmission a surprise, since it's the only way to use one motor to power multiple functions. It's even mentioned on the box that you "shift" to control the arm's movements.

But I'm still hoping for a big, fancy technic machine with the functions of previous "halo" models.

I wouldn't consider the transmission a surprise, since it's the only way to use one motor to power multiple functions. It's even mentioned on the box that you "shift" to control the arm's movements.

But I'm still hoping for a big, fancy technic machine with the functions of previous "halo" models.

Yup. Just like in the moblie crane of 05.

For some strange reason, i have a feeling were going to get a another crane for the 08 techinc flagship. Hopfully we'll get a super car of some sort though. Lord knows were due for one.

Fair point. Looking at the dealers catalog it shows the switch function. Even so, I wasn't expecting a power rotate and hence I was pleased when I found it had the function.

Aren't we all? :-P

Hopfully we'll get a super car of some sort though. Lord knows were due for one.

I doubt it. I suspect that as long as Lego have the Ferrari license it will never happen. But I want to be wrong!

I doubt it. I suspect that as long as Lego have the Ferrari license it will never happen. But I want to be wrong!

Good point. I wouldn't have any problem with that if they would have realsed the Ferrari's with suspention, and a transmission like in the last supercar. 4884 i think it was?

Good point. I wouldn't have any problem with that if they would have realsed the Ferrari's with suspention, and a transmission like in the last supercar. 4884 i think it was?

8448-1.1154909272.jpg

I tend to count 8466 as the last though.

8466-1.1124640757.jpg

But yes, a Ferrari supercar wouldn't bother me either, but as long as they have to put form over function it will be hard to achieve the same functionality. The lack of suspension in the new 8145 did perplex me though as it shouldn't have been that hard to fit it in, but all it has is steering and an engine.

Both the 599 GTB and the Enzo were a bit disapointing in terms of funtionality.

I would like an 1:8 Enzo with full suspension and gear box as 8448.

I agree with Sinner while TLC hold the Ferrari licence I doubt if we will see a non Ferrari technic car.

There is probably a price point issue as the Licence sets seem to be more expensive than non licence equivalents maybe this is the reason for lack of functionality.

Both the 599 GTB and the Enzo were a bit disapointing in terms of funtionality.

I would like an 1:8 Enzo with full suspension and gear box as 8448.

I agree with Sinner while TLC hold the Ferrari licence I doubt if we will see a non Ferrari technic car.

There is probably a price point issue as the Licence sets seem to be more expensive than non licence equivalents maybe this is the reason for lack of functionality.

Well, i dunno. Many people thought that as long as there are lego has the Star Wars license that there would be no space line, and we got mars mission. So there might still be hope. Speaking of the 599 GTB, does anyone have it? I was thinking about asking for it for Christmas. I have the enzo already, and i'm preety happy with it. I'm guessing the 599 isn't much differnt though.

Anyways, does anyone wanna take bets/guess's on what the 08 techinc flagship will be?

Edited by 5150 Lego

Well, i dunno. Many people thought that as long as there are lego has the Star Wars license that there would be no space line, and we got mars mission.

The question though is; "Is that all we are going to get?". I hope not.

Anyways, does anyone wanna take bets/guess's on what the 08 techinc flagship will be?

Assuming there is a 08 flagship, I think it will be an IR car.

I probably won't be happy with Technic until all these vehicles get drivers.

And the old Technic men won't do... they need a COMPLETE overhaul, made just as customizable as minifigs are.

I probably won't be happy with Technic until all these vehicles get drivers.

And the old Technic men won't do... they need a COMPLETE overhaul, made just as customizable as minifigs are.

I liked the old Technic men; I try to modify every Technic set I get so it can be manned. (The bulldozer was surprisingly easy.) But I agree that customisable ones would be great! *sweet*

I liked the old Technic men; I try to modify every Technic set I get so it can be manned. (The bulldozer was surprisingly easy.) But I agree that customisable ones would be great! *sweet*

I do the same myself. Bringing back the techinc figures would be great. We can only dream.

Well, i dunno. Many people thought that as long as there are lego has the Star Wars license that there would be no space line, and we got mars mission. So there might still be hope. Speaking of the 599 GTB, does anyone have it? I was thinking about asking for it for Christmas. I have the enzo already, and i'm preety happy with it. I'm guessing the 599 isn't much differnt though.

I have both the 599 and Enzo and there is not much difference really they both have similar details

If the poll that took place on Lugnet is anything to go by, bearing in mind that most of next years releases seen so far were in the list, then it will be farm or construction based.

The big problem I can see with the IR car is the steering TLC would need to develop some kind of servo as used in the previous Radio control sets. Lets hope they have something in development X-D