Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

The New Providence wreckers

Hello guys, I guess October-November were really active all around the world as far as contests and LUGs are concerned. Thus, i made the following MOC for www.thebrick.gr "show me your squad" contest and since it is of piratical content, i feel obliged to present it to you :P

The idea was to present the infamous wreckers that worked around the globe scavenging wrecks and since that was a crime and had to be zero eye-witnesses, some of them even killed any unfortunate wreck survivors. Of them all, the most notorious were the Bahamas wreckers, the New Providence ones and in Europe the Cornish and the ones living at the coast of Normandy, France. For more information check the following articles:

https://en.wikipedia...ing_(shipwreck)

http://www.historic-...glers-Wreckers/

So, voila!

22136324293_c70b139b4e_c.jpgThe Wreckers by Spy Tha, on Flickr

22768649861_c3f1883c34_c.jpgThe Wreckers B by Spy Tha, on Flickr

Edited by blackdeathgr

I like the way you created the cliff. What set is the base plate from, I wonder? Do you remember its number?

I like the way you created the cliff. What set is the base plate from, I wonder? Do you remember its number?

Hehe, easy! It's from Sabre Island (but i dont remember its number) :P

P.S: God save brickset. It's 6265 from 1989 :)

Edited by blackdeathgr

It was also used in Shipwreck Island, which was one of my very first Lego sets. I got it for Christmas one year, along with Harbor Sentry and Castaway's Raft :-D

Nice build ! It looks like a LEGO set. Good feeling looking at it ! :thumbup:

Me too, I had Sabre Island and Shipwreck island when I was young in 1989 ! These are just great sets !

Nice little build, I like the way you've made the grass on the top of the cliff. I too like the baseplate, one of my first sets was Shipwreck Island. I still have yet to pick up Sabre Island, but I will. Good luck with the contest! (Also interesting reading the links you added about use of lights for wrecking, never really thought about that before!)

Nice little build, I like the way you've made the grass on the top of the cliff. I too like the baseplate, one of my first sets was Shipwreck Island. I still have yet to pick up Sabre Island, but I will. Good luck with the contest! (Also interesting reading the links you added about use of lights for wrecking, never really thought about that before!)

Hehe, thanks :-) This base is cute. I used to have the large island as well but it is either lost during relocations or is somewhere in a really untidy basement. :-(

Regarding the links, human is a devious creature after all :-p