Sign in to follow this  
Kaanere

Ghostbusters 2016 Reboot discussion

I watched a review on Reddit, it's exactly what I thought. Man-hating, bad characters, and bad CGI. Don't believe me about man-bashing? Apparently,

the final villain is defeated by the four shooting him in the d*ck with the proton beams

Is that a joke, right?

The part with in spoiler tags?

:oh:

Because it's likely not bashing anyone.

It portrays the males characters as either idiots or complete a-holes, and the finale is what I said it is. Maybe you don't find that offensive (heck, I don't care what those filmmakers have to say) but it is pretty clear sexism.

You can make a Girl Power TM movie without making the villain be the whole male gender, but clearly these filmmakers took the easy way out. Maybe they should have tried making a comedy/ horror film instead? Oh wait... I am still in shock that the makers are so bold that they called male critics of the movies sexists even though the movie itself is full of sexism.

Ding dong, the sexists have lost:

http://www.denofgeek...tbusters-review

How could anyone lost. The review says it's meh (also it's been said noumerous time the issues people have with the movie are not related to gender of cast).

Here are some more review that call the film bellow avarge:

https://mobile.twitter.com/EarlyBirdCritic/status/751610406834049025

http://www.villagevoice.com/film/busted-flat-all-too-normal-activity-dominates-the-ghostbusters-remake-8841463

How could anyone lost. The review says it's meh (also it's been said noumerous time the issues people have with the movie are not related to gender of cast).

Here are some more review that call the film bellow avarge:

https://mobile.twitt...610406834049025

http://www.villagevo...-remake-8841463

I've not heard of either of them. Den of Geek are a much more highly regarded review site. The review gives it three/five stars which is 'good'.

I've not heard of either of them. Den of Geek are a much more highly regarded review site. The review gives it three/five stars which is 'good'.

The fact that you haven't heard about the site doesn't undermine their review. Also 3 stars our of five is just above avarge.

Listen I would love the movie to be good but all reviews I've seen range from meh to bad. The comon opinion seems to be that funny actresses are wasted on bad script.

I will post my thoughts after seeing it on friday.

For god's sake stop calling people who dislike the movie sexists.

Here is a negative review:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/ghostbusters-film-review-909313

The more and more I read and watch the more I see that people genuinely liked the movie. And it isn't garbage like the trailers and clips have set it up to be.. So I think I really want to watch it now!

It presently has a 77% on Rotten Tomatoes. That's good. And considering how every single review seems to be saying "It's a lot better than the trailers made it out to be," I think I'm going to go see it! :sweet:

Jermy Jahns and Chris Stuckmann - two of my favourite reviewers posted their reviews of the movie:

Both call the movie medicore, with some hit and miss jokes but decent main leads.

I'll propably go to see it on saturday.

Edited by Krulis

I saw it yesterday and it's absolutely hilarious. The cast have so much chemistry together and Paul Feig has a clear understanding that the reason the original worked so well was because the horror elements were taken seriously rather than being a parody. The comedy comes from the situation and the interactions between the characters.

If you see this film, make sure you see it in 3D. The 3D effects are spectacular and it feels like the film was made with 3D in mind. In terms of the 3D effects it is basically the Avatar of comedy.

I'm really glad the reviews are starting to become more and more positive wth specific reasons as to why this movie will work. I haven't seen it yet, but as a GB fan, I'm hoping this one does well.

So just got back from watching Ghostbusters! I really enjoyed it! Bill Murray was the worst part of the movie for me.... But other then that it was good! The State Puff's inclusion was actually clever. And Holtzmann stole the show. I'm gonna pick up the Dimensions packs for sure! And maybe even the Ecto 1! It just makes me sad that the movie isn't going to do so well because of all the haters... So please go out and support it and it'll make you wanna pick up the pack too

So just got back from watching Ghostbusters! I really enjoyed it! Bill Murray was the worst part of the movie for me.... But other then that it was good! The State Puff's inclusion was actually clever. And Holtzmann stole the show. I'm gonna pick up the Dimensions packs for sure! And maybe even the Ecto 1! It just makes me sad that the movie isn't going to do so well because of all the haters... So please go out and support it and it'll make you wanna pick up the pack too

the movie is complete sh*t. every man in the movie was ether an idiot or an A**Hole or a bad guy. The movie is sexist and racist. It sucks. Look its great to have women in lead roles but the whole movie was a manbashing film. Also the director said F the fans and called us fans A**Holes for not liking it as well as calling us sexist when his movie is sexist. I kinda wish this wasn't in Dimensions now after seeing it. But how could you like it when the movie is sexist and racist and the director said F you and called us fans A**Holes? :hmpf_bad: Edited by BatmanFanboy

I read some reviews and most of them are mixed, which is more than what I expected because let's be honest, the trailer looks goddamn awful

It presently has a 77% on Rotten Tomatoes. That's good.

It's too early for this.

For a more accurate score, you need more opinions and reviews. I think we should wait a couple of months.

Ding dong, the sexists have lost:

http://www.denofgeek...tbusters-review

What you need to see is the box office. Those are the numbers that matter

If the movie fails in the box office, the reviews will be merely decorative

What you need to see is the box office. Those are the numbers that matter

If the movie fails in the box office, the reviews will be merely decorative

Early signs show this film's going to be a box office success.

the movie is complete sh*t. every man in the movie was ether an idiot or an A**Hole or a bad guy. The movie is sexist and racist. It sucks. Look its great to have women in lead roles but the whole movie was a manbashing film. Also the director said F the fans and called us fans A**Holes for not liking it as well as calling us sexist when his movie is sexist. I kinda wish this wasn't in Dimensions now after seeing it. But how could you like it when the movie is sexist and racist and the director said F you and called us fans A**Holes?

tumblr_inline_o745x3Hgf01qa5k1w_540.png

Just because you think the film is against your demographic and you didn't like it doesn't mean that other people aren't allowed to enjoy it. I don't think anyone really minds if you personally don't enjoy it, but not letting others enjoy it is, simply put, not nice. I saw the film a couple of days back, and I have to agree that it certainly is a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. It's certainly not as perfect as SW:TFA, but it's still a really fun film and I reckon that I would've preferred this to Sony just straight-up making a Ghostbusters 3 with the same cast as the originals (how would that have even work?). Just as the original felt like a product of it's era, this reboot feels a lot more suited to the world of 2016 and how times have changed since the 80s.

I suppose my main issue with the film is not really the film itself, but how Sony wants to handle the franchise in the future: instead of just having a sequel to this reboot waiting to be greenlit, they've got about two billion spinoffs that they wanna make instead. Simply put - that's not a good way of going about things. They should just focus on making a sequel to this film and going from there, but since this is Sony we're dealing with I doubt that's gonna happen.

Also, a sidenote: although the film was great, did they have to put in a fart joke? Really? It's the one bit of the film I honest-to-god hated. Everything else was good though.

Edited by AyliffeMakit
fixed the formatting a tad

So just got back from watching Ghostbusters! I really enjoyed it! Bill Murray was the worst part of the movie for me....

Really? I thought he was brilliant.

It just makes me sad that the movie isn't going to do so well because of all the haters... So please go out and support it and it'll make you wanna pick up the pack too

Actually, it has been doing much better in presales according to Fandango as of recent.

the movie is complete sh*t. every man in the movie was ether an idiot or an A**Hole or a bad guy. The movie is sexist and racist. It sucks. Look its great to have women in lead roles but the whole movie was a manbashing film.

Wrong. Every character who isn't a Ghostbuster is an idiot, be it male or female.